HBK's BTB Kolumn

• Thread starter Moonlight Drive
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moonlight Drive

The Oh So Epic Return
Moonlight Drive’s BTB Kolumn

Yes, it’s true, the epicness is back. Kind of a mini-edition though.

The BTB Section And My Theory About It’s Activity

As a whole, it seems that the majority of the section seems to think that the section is ‘dieing’ so to speak. Personally, I don’t see it at all. If anything, activity has actually increased from a few months ago, when there was barely 4 active BTBs posting. I can confidently predict that this whole idea of BTB ‘death’ is going to finish very soon, as it seems it all started when all the veteran BTBers left. Following the departure of Xtremebadass, there was something of a veteran culling. Anigma, Andrew~Walker, BKB and Levi were all soon to follow, CMS not leaving completely but becoming a lot less active after his massive, in every sense of the word, WrestleBowl.

Activity remained steady since, but without the big stars of the BTB section, it seemed as if it was rudderless, that the few BTBers who continued on were just a few small fish in a mighty big pond and the section on a whole was nothing but a corpse of it’s former self. This mentality has continued throughout right until today, leaving those BTBs that remained just below the glass ceiling from breaking through and transforming from the little fish to big game. Bookers like spiralshock, CT Styles, y2j_legend and seX-Power, remained where they were before, on the brink of superstardom. Always the Most Underrated, never Booker of Bookers. They couldn’t break through the glass ceiling and becoming these top tier bookers. Not based on their ability, but because of one thing; if there is no top bookers, how do we define the best?

This brings as back to the section being rudderless without it’s stars. Without the measuring sticks of Xtremebadass and the like, there was no way of telling when someone had hit their peak. Activity dropped because the competition wasn’t there. I’m sure all bookers still do it for the enjoyment, but nobody can come out and say they wouldn’t love high commendation and recognition for their work. To be able to say, “I’m finally better than _______â€.

In everything you’ve got to have goals to keep you going, in BTB for some it might be to become Booker of Bookers or for others just to see if people will like what you’re writing or just to improve. How can you know if you’re improving or writing good stuff if nobody is reviewing? How can you become Booker of Bookers if nobody cares about awards, that with the section in this state, are somewhat awarding mediocrity? This cycle led more bookers to drop like flies, with a massive influx of no show BTBs (a couple of them mine). I believe that this has kept activity steady, but others think otherwise.

Now it seems people want that activity back, thus the section needs to undergo a revival of sorts. Which leads me to my next article;

Five Ways We Can Revive The Section

Up Your Game:
Like I mentioned in my first article, without a measuring stick, people aren’t as motivated. With the successive returns of Levi and Andrew, the iron is hot and it’s time to strike. If someone puts that extra effort into their BTBs that actually makes people want to read along with reviewing others to help them improve, they could be the ones that break through the glass ceiling and hit the top. If everyone does, who knows how active the section will become.

Revamp The Awards: The way the awards have been run has always been wrong. Rather than recognition of a job well done, it’s really just Last Good Match I Read or Whoever Everyone Else Nominated. To keep it actually a fair representation of the last three months, I propose a Nominations Thread. When you read something you think deserves Best Match/Promo/OMG Moment and those other awards that require us to think back, post it in the thread and those collective posts will be the nominations for the voting thread to come at the end of the quarter.

Choose A Mod: It’s obvious we’re probably not going to get another mod, and although I think it’s entirely unnecessary, it seems a lot of bookers just want someone to organize things so they don’t have to. So if we won’t get a new one, here’s my solution; an unofficial mod voted on by the members of the BTB section. They can be in charge of organizing awards, tournaments and the like and at the end of every month, if the section feels they aren’t doing a good enough job, someone else is elected. That way, we have our ‘mod’ and we also have someone who can organize those things everybody else is too lazy to do.

Kick Up A Ranking System: Everybody likes to be on top, and this would easily boost activity due to that fact. My original idea for this would be for each review to post a rating /10, and at the end of the week these ratings are previewed to the runner, who collects the average and there is our Power 10. Awards would come into account, and if there is a tie, the person who has been improving the most week to week goes on top. It’s the only system I can think of where we can keep it going every week, because we all know people are just don’t like voting, lol.

Review: This is perhaps the most important. If everybody sent at least 1 or 2 reviews a week to some of their fellow bookers, the place would be jumping with activity due to the feedback.

Interview: A Very Sexual and Self Indulgent Night With seX-Power

Firstly, hows your night been?

Alright, haven't done anything except watch America's Best Dance Crew. Fucking awesome show.

Hows them Eels going eh? (correct answer: They all suck except Hayne/Hindmarsh)

They lose easy games and win hard games. I saw them lose to the Tigers and am going to watch them get pwnt by the Broncos, but I get to see Folau/Lockyer play so it's cool. Btw, at least I properly support a team so stfu.

What do you think about the activity of the section?

It's definitely improving and above what it was a month or so ago. I think a lot of people underrate it as it's running a lot more smoothly than some people make out. There are some good BTBs, there are some great BTBs and there are a lot of improving BTBs, which is what we need.

What would you do to raise activity?

Review more. Return ALL good reviews. That's basically the only real fail-safe way. Also, I would read whatever column this is being published in.

What BTB have you been liking the most recently?

I'm really enjoying CT's BTB coming off two great Raw's but apart from that nothing stands out as something I look forward to reading. Special mention goes to my BTB, which I have been liking a lot recently. >_>

Do you think we need a new mod? Why/why not? If so, who?

I think it would help and definitely wouldn't hurt. There are just certain rules that need to be enforced within the section and just someone to run it properly and for people to go to when they have issues or whatever. As for who, I'll say CT should and will (if there's gonna be one) get the mod spot but I'm not going to be modest and say that I wouldn't mind that spot either. I'm allowed to sound like a bitch, right?

How do you personally feel you are standing in the Booking Hieracy? Top 3, 5, 10, 200? etc.?

I'd like to think that I've vastly improved with the BTB I have and won the respect of a lot of guys here. I think I'm in the top 5 bookers on here now because my thread has undergone development and consistency which is a judging criteria some new threads can't be tested with.

OK, so here's some quick questions. I want just names, no explanation? Ok?

OK~!

Best Right Now?

CT Styles

Next Big Thing?

Me

Favoruite Superstar To Write Matches For?

John Morrison

Favoruite Superstar To Write Promos For?

CM Punk

Most Missed Booker?

xtremebadass

And finally, who would you turn gay for?

Myself of course.

Hope this wasn't too self-absorbent for you.

You Should Definitely Check Out…

New segment, where I tell which BTB you should have a look at.

Tonight I did my first review in a long arse time, and I’ve got to say, while sketchy in some areas, I thought it was a great show to return on. The BTB I reviewed was Chessarmy’s, TNA Wrestling: CROSS THE LINE.

Chess is an avid TNA make, we all know that and he knows the roster and their style backwards and forwards. He nails his promos everytime and even though his matches and feuds are sometimes reminiscent of the real life TNA in a bad way, he has great potential. With some good feedback and tips, Chessarmy could become one of the best in my opinion. Once he gains confidence and moves away from the TNA template, along with some more inventive match-writing, Chessy should be bursting right to the top if he keeps it up.

This is The End (of my kolumn)
Beautiful friend, The End.

seX-Power

Kolumn was kwite noice. I liked the interview, and it reminded me that I needed my name changed back.

Evil Austin

I like your idea with the awards, like we have a thread around the lounge with nominations and whenever you come across a promo, match, omg moment or something that you feel is deserving you post it in there instead of after three months it is the most recent one you had read and you forget the ones that happened two months ago.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Good stuff. I think you're right about the section activity and your idea about the ranking system sounds pretty cool.

-TJ-

Nice column there. You're right about everything or 99% of everything in there. Nice read.

chessarmy

great stuff, I liked the interview and I agree with your solutions to make this section better. As for my BTB, I've been gone for nearly a year so coming back has been pretty hard. I need to make some adjustments, especially with my match writing, and over time I'll get back to where I was before I left.

Thank you for the mention, and keep the blogs coming!

Qwake

Good read, the opening parts were the most interesting and I agree with the most of it. Interview was a fun read too. Good to see you back for the time being Pat, hopefully we get more columns like this outta you.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Looking forward to Sex Powers new segment that he's gonna be working on. I just hope its not "Check out CT STyles BTB" every week. lol. His putting over of Chessarmys BTB is a good sign that it I have nothing to worry about.

seX-Power

Looking forward to Sex Powers new segment that he's gonna be working on. I just hope its not "Check out CT STyles BTB" every week. lol. His putting over of Chessarmys BTB is a good sign that it I have nothing to worry about.

wut :confused:

Evil Austin

I think what he meant was that he was looking forward to one of these every week, (getting mixed up with Moonlight and Sex) then saying that he didn't want to see a 'read CT's BTB' plug in every segment. which is alright cause he mentioned Chess.

that's what I understood from it.