HBK v Taker Rematch at Summerslam

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

No chance.

Both HBK and Taker would have to return after NOC and it's pretty non-realistic to think that 2 superstars that would have just returned would square off right away, that's just amatuer hour.

Except for TNA pulling off Daniels vs. Douglas at Slammiversary, but we all know how that turned out.

kiniski55

Reaction score
HBK v Taker at Summerslam

I'll stick to my prediction which strikes me as a no-brainer. HBK did the job in arguably the greatest match in WWE history and a rematch at the next super-spectacular seems a natural progression. And further, since Taker's streak is not on the line, HBK should go over the Boring - er Deadman.

~The Even Flow~

Reaction score
I hope not. In a normal match they cannot top what they did at WM. That is just epic and unreachable. Period.

A gimmick match could be nice but other than some bashing stuff into each other, there will be not much more. They simply don't have the body and age for monstrous spots like falling trough the top of the cage. And Shawn said he would never be in a ladder match ever again, so no cool high flying spots from him.

What's left? A singles match with some heads into steel. Nothing special enough for a rematch.

Moonlight Drive

It was a classic. Let's not spoil that with a re-match. That's the thing with Dream Matches, they lose their luster if we see Round 2.

Klide

^exactly there over doing it one match was good enough and I doubt they can pull a better match then they did at mania even if it were for a title (doubt that) cause it was for the streak which is greater than a title match IMO. So it's pretty much useless to have a reamtch

Edit .. This reminds me of the cena hbk stuff with mania 23. Cena with the title is sorta like taker with the streak. And hbk loses to cena and they have a rematch at raw for an hour and hbk wins but not the title and at SS if there's a rematch most likely hbk will win but not the streak alwell so it's pretty much pointless. If wwe Is trying to pull of a great classic match at sS like they did at mania it dosent have to be taker and hbk again.. Imean look at it this way if u were to make the taker hbk match like the orton and hhh match which sucked and make the hhh and orton match like taker and hbk all of us would have second thought on how boring the orton and hhh match wouldent we.

Airfixx

If wwe Is trying to pull of a great classic match at sS like they did at mania it dosent have to be taker and hbk again.. Imean look at it this way if u were to make the taker hbk match like the orton and hhh match which sucked and make the hhh and orton match like taker and hbk all of us would have second thought on how boring the orton and hhh match wouldent we.

So you think anyone can have that good a match as long as they are 'allowed' to? ....Do you think the way it works is the bookers go "right, go out and have a good match" or "do what Taker & HBK did at Mania"?

Seriously, WD-fuckin'-F?

Reaction score
Michaels vs Mark Henry. Maybe somebody in this world can drag that fat, slow loser to a 3 star match.

Klide

So you think anyone can have that good a match as long as they are 'allowed' to? ....Do you think the way it works is the bookers go "right, go out and have a good match" or "do what Taker & HBK did at Mania"?

Seriously, WD-fuckin'-F?

No I don't think so I'm just saying that Wwe has to leave the taker and hbk match behind and try to find something new and who said I said any one?? But to answer your question about the bookers I'm pretty sure they set some limits.

Airfixx

No I don't think so I'm just saying that Wwe has to leave the taker and hbk match behind

I agree, but what's all that other guff you wrote in the remainder of the 2 paragraphs (about Orton & HHH)?

My question about the bookers was a rhetorical one - Whether it be 2 mins or a 20min WM-Mevent, EVERY guy is obliged to tell the story they've been assiged to the BEST of their abilities when they hit the ring.

....You don't think all involved (Vince, the bookers, Hunter & Randy) would have liked to have seen HHH v Orton blow the fucking roof off of WM25?

Klide

I agree, but what's all that other guff you wrote in the remainder of the 2 paragraphs (about Orton & HHH)?

My question about the bookers was a rhetorical one - Whether it be 2 mins or a 20min WM-Mevent, EVERY guy is obliged to tell the story they've been assiged to the BEST of their abilities when they hit the ring.

....You don't think all involved (Vince, the bookers, Hunter & Randy) would have liked to have seen HHH v Orton blow the fucking roof off of WM25?

Yeah man that was my fault :D

Airfixx

LOL... Testify!!!

As a face he's gotta assume he'll be more prone to pleasing the crowd. Bit of a stretch, I know, but I'm praying we see the worlds strongest slam from the top of a ladder in MITB at WM26 (ideally on a guy he's currently embroiled in a fued with)!

Worlds strongest mexican-wave conducted from the top of the ladder by a victorious Mark Henry ftw!!!! :y: :y: :y:

Reaction score
LOL... Testify!!!

As a face he's gotta assume he'll be more prone to pleasing the crowd. Bit of a stretch, I know, but I'm praying we see the worlds strongest slam from the top of a ladder in MITB at WM26 (ideally on a guy he's currently embroiled in a fued with)!

Worlds strongest mexican-wave conducted from the top of the ladder by a victorious Mark Henry ftw!!!! :y: :y: :y:

Mark Henry simply defies the odds as to why he has received a paycheck for over 10 years now. Scientifically, physically and logically it does not make sense.

Airfixx

^^^^I say to you again (albeit in a different thread this time), you obviously don't watch Raw do you... The guy's hot as hell right now and the crowd are all over him.