HBK Speaks on Real Tension Between The Rock and John Cena

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Several readers have sent in the following:

WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels appeared on ESPN Radio's "Fantasy Baseball Focus" podcast and was asked if he is tempted to return to the ring. Here is a brief recap:

He said the following about his ref role for the Triple H vs. Undertaker WrestleMania 28 match.

"There's a chance - I can tell you here that I'm going to try to be objective, but then you get out there and then I'm in a conflict with myself - I'm Mr. Hall of Fame and I'm Mr. WrestleMania and I'm so used to having the spotlight on me - am I going to be able to share it with these other two guys? That is a lot to put on a man," Michaels said, being playful at the end. Michaels also joked that he'll have to review the Hell in a Cell rulebook, but at least he can still count to three. "My children help me out with that on a regular basis."

Michaels also said he likes the direction that the John Cena/Rock feud has taken, comparing it to his "personal feud" with Bret Hart and saying WWE has lost "that kind of competition."

"Sometimes, I feel like WWE has lost that in a lot of respects. John and Rock have brought back what somebody like me used to do on a regular basis back in the day," Michaels said. "I think it's refreshing, it's good, good for business, and good for them to bring out the best in each other. There's nothing wrong with making it personal; that's better business, whether people like it or not."

Source

Reaction score
Crayo said:
I never thought Rock and Cena would get personal, but I knew even at last years Wrestlemania that there was legitimate heat there.

I never thought Jericho and CM Punk would get personal. Saw it coming for the rock and cena.

Y2J Enigma

The Artiste
Reaction score
Jericho and Miz, my favorite heels in the business.

HeatherSays

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I never liked HBK much and I would prefer he does not return to the ring. Also, on the wiki page for Raw under the list of special Raw shows it states that there is going to be a HBK Appreciation Night..so hopefully that means he is staying out for good.

And to all of those who will say "How can you not like HBK!!?" :finger:

HeatherSays

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Leo C said:
Makes sense.

Why don't you like HBK Heather?

First off..it should be stated that I dislike HBK the gimmick. And, unless otherwise stated I always mean the gimmick of a wrestler when I say such things. It ticks me off when people can't separate the person and the gimmick.

That being said, I don't remember him before he had the gimmick of the Heartbreak kid but I do remember from an early age not liking his gimmick. At the time, I think I just disliked it because I did not get it (being so young).

He was okay as part of DX.. but on that, I dislike that now when we say DX is reuniting (such as on the 1000) it is only him and HHH when there were several other members of DX ><

And then he "retires" for the first time only this was like the third time he was said to be retiring..

And then there is the fact that he is much to old to be referred to as a sexy "boy" now.

And then there is the fact that he had anything to do with the nWo which, imo, is one of the worst thing that ever happened in wrestling history (when it was in WCW and I feel that it should have just died when nWo died but that really isn't a main reason I dislike HBK.. just ranting at this point.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
HeatherSays said:
First off..it should be stated that I dislike HBK the gimmick. And, unless otherwise stated I always mean the gimmick of a wrestler when I say such things. It ticks me off when people can't separate the person and the gimmick.

That being said, I don't remember him before he had the gimmick of the Heartbreak kid but I do remember from an early age not liking his gimmick. At the time, I think I just disliked it because I did not get it (being so young).

He was okay as part of DX.. but on that, I dislike that now when we say DX is reuniting (such as on the 1000) it is only him and HHH when there were several other members of DX ><

And then he "retires" for the first time only this was like the third time he was said to be retiring..

And then there is the fact that he is much to old to be referred to as a sexy "boy" now.

And then there is the fact that he had anything to do with the nWo which, imo, is one of the worst thing that ever happened in wrestling history (when it was in WCW and I feel that it should have just died when nWo died but that really isn't a main reason I dislike HBK.. just ranting at this point.

I see... you seem to simply dislike him. :dawg:

But anyway, his gimmick I think is OK. Arrogant heel and all, cocky face when he turned I believe. A little bit generic, but not so much at the time I think. DX and NWO I don't think you can blame on him, because nowadays they simply ignore that DX used to be a bigger faction and therefore the kids mainly will only think of DX as HHH and HBK. NWO... he was booked to be there, so nothing much that can be done, although that idea was indeed overused.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Jose Tortilla said:
HBK is GOAT. Deal with it.

I'm kind of torn on this opinion tbh, he was great no doubt about it but I just can't rank him up there with names like Austin, Taker and Flair. He could work at a slightly higher level than them sure, but he never really blew me away on the mic like those 3 did, using Taker's Big Evil work as the example for him btw.