HBK Retirement/DX news

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

It would appear that the latest D-Generation X run is coming to an end as Shawn Michaels said during an interview with the KISS-FM radio station out of San Antonio this past week that DX will "probably disband" following the Royal Rumble so they can focus on their respective matches at WrestleMania.

When asked if he had any plans on retiring, Michaels said: "Well, that's always the million dollar question. I'd like to go on record as saying I have been trying to retire for the last three years... [WWE] makes it very difficult, you know, Vince McMahon is nuts. I try to walk away then WrestleMania comes up, they put me in a match, I do well, and [Vince] doesn't make it very easy."

Also it would appear that he had zero input in selecting matches for WWE's upcoming DVD release on him, Shawn Michaels: My Journey. He responded with the following: "They found my 25 greatest matches?"

It had been rumored that Michaels would handpick his favorite twenty-five matches of his career for the DVD release.

Glad to hear that the DX split is finally near. Yeah, putting those tag titles on them was really completely necessary. They've done a done as far as putting over young talent since picking them up.

LKP

Looks like Punk and Gallows defo winning the tag team gold this week on smackdown then :). Hbk vs hhh is still the last match both men should have.

CenaMark54

Well if HBK is going to retire after this Mania, he definitely will be facing off against Triple H. I almost think that Triple H will let him win in a face vs face matchup. Although, I would much rather see it used as a means to get Triple H over as a heel again.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Well if HBK is going to retire after this Mania, he definitely will be facing off against Triple H. I almost think that Triple H will let him win in a face vs face matchup. Although, I would much rather see it used as a means to get Triple H over as a heel again.

We all want to see Triple H against HBK but it probably won't happen. I am looking forward to see if he does retire after Wrestlemania.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
If he wants to retire then vince should just let him retire the new guys need to be pushed anyway.

Klide

Bout time DX is gonna disband even though they reunited less than a year ago

phantomgerald

If he wants to retire then vince should just let him retire the new guys need to be pushed anyway.

Yeah it's disgusting how Vince sort of don't let him quit. True, you may argue that ultimately it's Shawn's choice but I think Vince should respect whatever decision Shawn makes and not try to influence his decision.

And you wonder why wrestlers die young.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Yeah it's disgusting how Vince sort of don't let him quit. True, you may argue that ultimately it's Shawn's choice but I think Vince should respect whatever decision Shawn makes and not try to influence his decision.

And you wonder why wrestlers die young.

Him and taker both need to retire i wonder if vince has done the same thing with him. Theres all these reports of how bad hes doing health wise. The vetrans need to pass the tourch look what happened to wcw when they wouldent move on to younger talent. Triple h vs hbk at mania would be a good last match imo.

imjerel

Reaction score
very true, i mean like put those three for the title and this time no DX or anything, just HBK vs Triple H vs Taker, if im not mistaken that would be the first time these three met in a triple threat match, right?

and i mean taker could use this to stamp his legacy, i mean still unbeaten at mania, but dropping the title, later on...i'd say backlash would be good?

King Of Kings

Reaction score
very true, i mean like put those three for the title and this time no DX or anything, just HBK vs Triple H vs Taker, if im not mistaken that would be the first time these three met in a triple threat match, right?

and i mean taker could use this to stamp his legacy, i mean still unbeaten at mania, but dropping the title, later on...i'd say backlash would be good?

Dident even notice that i think your right they probably never have been in a triple threat match ever.

imjerel

Reaction score
haha i think you may be the only one that says no, i mean its HBK yeah, but he's not the same as he was back in 2005 and before, he's losing his touch and rather than being a another ric flair i would like him to be Stone Cold or The Rock not the movie thing, but the fact that they left a legacy that people will remember and treasure and i think HBK has done that, there's no need to overdo it...

Evil Austin

Even though it has happened so many times in the past, I do hope to see Michaels v HHH this year at Mania for his retirement match. However I hope to see it different to all the other times throughout 02-04, and have Shawn this time as teh heel probably eliminating HHH at the Rumble.
However this isn't very plausible due to the fact that if it is his last match he will be cheered like crazy and he won't be the heel.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
The one guy that I really don't want to see retire is the only one talking about it. lol, Shawn Michaels is still one of the most consistent in ring and promo guys in the business. He is always stealing the show (outside of DX) with his matches or storylines. There is so much more for this guy to do and I do not want him to retire just yet.

Oh and since this is an HBK thread, I figure I'll veer off course just a touch and get out in the open something I noticed during Smackdown and something I just now realized would no doubt be a feud of the year.

Over on SD there's a certain savior, a man trying to free the WWE Universe of their vices meanwhile forming a cult like group who worships the ground he walks on. Yeah, you guessed it, CM Punk. CM Punk is stealing the show (Much like HBK) with this storyline and his mic work. So what I am thinking is why not a feud between the two of them. Shawn Michaels versus CM Punk, two of the best promo and in ring guys in the industry today or any day. And the storyline matches almost as well as a Punk/Guerrero or Michaels/Guerrero storyline, actually any combination of those three would be something special but let's look at this one.

We know Shawn Michaels past and we know the trouble he's been through the get himself right with God. And now there's this seemingly Jesus like figure on Smackdown, I think that's no coincidence. There's a reason Jes...I mean CM Punk has grown out his beard and taking on apostle by apostle. Now should their paths cross CM Punk and Shawn Michaels will no doubt deliver on the microphone and in the ring. With the way CM Punk is being protrayed as a cunning, manipulative mastermind searching to satisfy his own goals it segways into professional wrestling once again having a break through storyline. The best thing about professional wrestling is that it's not real, it's like a soap opera where people can do just about whatever they want. And when you drive home the fact something as real as a man manipulating weak minded people as if he were a Jim Jones or a different cult leader, it makes people empathize with those individuals.

This CM Punk storyline alone has so many possibilites but I think a very good road to take a test drive through is putting Punk opposite Shawn Michaels in every way. We saw signs of it at Wrestlemania, Undertaker represents the dark side and Shawn the light. CM Punk does sport a black T-Shirt every time he is on camera, black hair, and dark facial hair whilst preaching to the people. They can easily turn this into Shawn Michaels being the true savior while Punk mirroring the devil himself. All wrestling is, is good versus evil, right? So why not even make that clearer? CM Punk, the devious and cunning manipulative Punk faces off with the righteous, pure, even angelic Shawn Michaels.

You run with something like that and there's a feud for the ages that nobody will ever forget.