Has WWE dropped the ball on Bryan?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Simple, let him be Bryan Danielson. He needs more aggression in ring, drop the yes crap and all this emotional bullshit let him break people. Hell even let him be the one who beats Ryback's streak after a dirty finish. I know it's cheap but could cement both of them in a long feud where they steal the show.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Whether you hate it or not, having him drop the most over catch phrase in professional wrestling which has broken into mainstream sports is unwise imo. Just have him do it less instead of telling him to do it every single move he makes.

Reactions: Snowman1

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Agreed. When he first did it (entrance, and when he won) it was fine imo. I agree with letting him be Bryan Danielson but what sort of booking and story do you give with him to draw?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Let Kane interrupt the wedding and visk away AJ from him, have AJ leave him at the altar or something, making him an emotional wreck. Then on Smackdown Miz mocks him backstage and heads out for a match with *insert jobber heel X here*. Their match starts, Bryan runs in. Beats the hell out of the jobber and throws him out the ring. Bryan then launches for Miz, beats the shit out of him and shows an aggressive side, locks on the yes lock. Miz escapes and runs backstage with Bryan chasing after him or left in the ring. Set up a feud between the former master and pupil in which we establish Bryan as an aggressive face as of his failed marriage.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Let Kane interrupt the wedding and visk away AJ from him, have AJ leave him at the altar or something, making him an emotional wreck. Then on Smackdown Miz mocks him backstage and heads out for a match with *insert jobber heel X here*. Their match starts, Bryan runs in. Beats the hell out of the jobber and throws him out the ring. Bryan then launches for Miz, beats the s*** out of him and shows an aggressive side, locks on the yes lock. Miz escapes and runs backstage with Bryan chasing after him or left in the ring. Set up a feud between the former master and pupil in which we establish Bryan as an aggressive face as of his failed marriage.

Could happen. AJ's gonna say no anyway. I feel it.:jericho:

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
I would have turned him tweener and had him fued with Brock.

If he didn't have this current fued with Hunter(and date restrictions) then I would've had Bryan vs Brock at OTL as the second last match with Brock winning in 10 minutes. Bryan then gets frustrated and is determined to beat Brock, Brock beats Punk @ NWO for the title, Bryan is determined to get it back as someone who cares about wrestling should have the belt. The two have a match which Brock wins in 25 mins or so, dominating for most of the match but Bryan not giving up easy.(At Raw 1000th)

Eventually Bryan asks for one last chance @ a WWE title match at Summerslam, which would be the last match between the two ever. Brock agrees in a Hell in a Cell match.

Now this would be awesome if possible, but if they could decrease the size of the cell in a subtle manor, they could have a spot at the end where Bryan has blood all over his face, Brock is teetering on the edge of the cell, Bryan mouths to himself "I have to do this" before launching himself and Brock off the cell through 4 tables, eventually chucking his arm over for the win.

For now I'd just have him go over Rey Rey.

Reactions: Snowman1

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Stopspot said:
Let Kane interrupt the wedding and visk away AJ from him, have AJ leave him at the altar or something, making him an emotional wreck. Then on Smackdown Miz mocks him backstage and heads out for a match with *insert jobber heel X here*. Their match starts, Bryan runs in. Beats the hell out of the jobber and throws him out the ring. Bryan then launches for Miz, beats the s*** out of him and shows an aggressive side, locks on the yes lock. Miz escapes and runs backstage with Bryan chasing after him or left in the ring. Set up a feud between the former master and pupil in which we establish Bryan as an aggressive face as of his failed marriage.

That's one way, but that's such a generic feud imo. Fuck face Bryan. I would personally have him as a tweener, and interrupt Punk/Rock or whatever the main event is with a steel chair and let the American Dragon unleash.

Reactions: Asskicker

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Seabs said:
They've never even held the ball with Bryan Danielson, all they've done is offer him poor gimmicks and storylines which he's made good.

Boom

Reaction score
Stopspot said:

I agree. And moveset-like, it would look more realistic, too. Bryan is a small guy, so he needs to be extra-agressive in the ring to compensate his lack of height and weight. His matches with Kane were so unrealistic...

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I thought he was the best choice to end Punk's reign back in May/June. Personally, I loved the finish of their OTL match, but this should have set up a one-on-one rematch where Bryan managed to win the belt. But other than this, I don't really think WWE have dropped the ball with him per se. People may not like to hear this, but his smaller size is gonna hold him back in some way or another. He's likely never gonna be a long term main eventer, but rather someone popping in and out of a few main event matches here and there, at least beginning at some point in what looks like the near future. Look to him dropping into the midcard any day now (well, technically he's already there, he's never main evented a PPV yet.)

Personally, I don't care if he wins the world title again, I think he could do a lot to bring credibility to the IC or US Title belts. I'd love to see Kurt Angle come back to WWE and feud with Bryan. A couple of years ago, when Heyman nearly took control of TNA and Bryan was 'fired' from WWE, Heyman mentioned one of the first things he would have done is build up to a Bryan/Angle feud. It would have been awesome.

Webx

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Personally i HATE bryan he bores the doodlewuddle out of me!