Harrison Ford to reprise Indiana Jones

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
When the news broke in 2014 that Harrison Ford had broken his leg while reprising his role as Han Solo in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, it might have seemed like that it was a sign that Ford would be unlikely to ever commit to such an action role again. This week, however, we learned that the actor will indeed be returning as the iconic character who is arguably Ford’s most action-driven. Lucasfilm and Walt Disney Pictures have announced a July 19, 2019 release date for the fifth Indiana Jones movie , to be directed once again by Steven Spielberg. This will likely be Spielberg’s third upcoming film, after The BFG (7/1/16) and Ready Player One (3/30/18). That release date also coincidentally happens to be just 6 days after what will be Harrison Ford’s 77th birthday, on July 13, 2019. We don’t know yet what form the fifth Indiana Jones movie will take, although based on Ford’s age, and Indiana Jones’ fictional birth year (1899), that the movie could be set in the “disco age” of the 1970s. We also learned this week that this fifth Indiana Jones will once again be written by screenwriter David Koepp, who infamously gave the world the scene where Indiana Jones avoids a nuclear blast by hiding in a refrigerator (real life spoiler: that wouldn’t work). In the past, Indiana Jones has had adventures involving the Ark of the Covenant, a death cult, the Holy Grail, and aliens. What do you think is next for Indy?

This better be the movie Ford hands the reigns over to someone else and if there are fucking Aliens in this one i will go on a rampage against Speilberg.

Do you smell what Tap a Talk is cooking?

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I mean like Harrison Ford, not sure if I'll be interested to see him doing any action at this point. Like you said he needs to pass the torch to someone, but who is really out there who could be a good co-star with him?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
As far as I know, they aren't considering passing the torch any longer and you can't really blame them after the Shia fiasco. I'd rather see this be the end of the franchise than see it spin-off with an actor who can't hold a candle to Ford.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Or, we just don't make anymore, yeah that would be the best choice.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
As far as I know, they aren't considering passing the torch any longer and you can't really blame them after the Shia fiasco. I'd rather see this be the end of the franchise than see it spin-off with an actor who can't hold a candle to Ford.

Well that is true. Lets see one more round and it better be good because Kingdom of the Crystal Skull sucked so bad I want to punch Spielberg in the mouth. I bet he kills off Indy in this movie so all of Ford's characters die.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Crystal Skull did suck the fat one BUT it also made $786 million worldwide, which is even better than Raiders adjusted for inflation number. Like it or not, Disney would be idiots not to go to the well with this franchise as many times as possible.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Yeah I am surprised Disney hasn't pursued this franchise yet but in other news Fuji your gif in your sig is freaking amazing.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yeah I am surprised Disney hasn't pursued this franchise yet but in other news Fuji your gif in your sig is freaking amazing.
Disney was probably just waiting to be sure Star Wars did well. They've owned Indy since they bought LucasFilm.

As for the GIF, I have no idea what it is but yeah, it's pretty hilarious.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
As long as Shia LaBeouf isn't in this one, I'm a happy camper. That's basically my only barometer for an Indie film these days.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Looks like something from a Godzilla or Rodan movie

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Just what I was thinking. Ford can still play this role in his sleep, but the series has more than run its course now.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Harrison Ford is going to kill all his iconic characters.

This one, blade runner are going to die like Han Solo.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Harrison Ford is going to kill all his iconic characters.

This one, blade runner are going to die like Han Solo.

I thought he was great in the last Star Wars film. He isn't the problem. A second BR is a mistake i won't be watching.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I thought he was great in the last Star Wars film. He isn't the problem. A second BR is a mistake i won't be watching.
Never said he was a problem, but Blade Runner is a go already and this is why I'm thinking Ford is signing on for these roles, he's been trying to get away from for so long.