Halloween Kills (2021)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Sweet Image I must say. No shock to see this Image after the Trailer gave it away that it takes place less than 24 Hours since the last film. I'm so looking forward to how this film ends and it they scratch out one more film.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
The prefect ending to the franchise was H20. But no, they had to make another one. And it was fucking shit.

I know this post is old, but, damn, I never thought I’d see the day when I’d know of someone who said this :lol

I’m excited for the upcoming sequels, I really liked the 2018 movie. A few things I’d improve on it, but, overall, good shit.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

TeaDrinkingLimey

“Glass? Who gives a shit about glass?”
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
I know this post is old, but, damn, I never thought I’d see the day when I’d know of someone who said this :lol

I’m excited for the upcoming sequels, I really liked the 2018 movie. A few things I’d improve on it, but, overall, good shit.

If Halloween Resurrection didn't exist, I wouldn't be so pissed off about the ending to H20. Still could have had the Rob Zombie films and then Halloween 2018 if they really wanted to.

I'm excited too. Guess I should just be grateful that I'm able to see a Halloween film on the big screen.

RLStern

Refuter of Revisionist History
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Problem is John Carpenter never meant for Myers to *be* the franchise. His original intent was for it to be like Creepshow or The Twilight Zone, an anthology series of different stories. The only reason Halloween 2 happened the way it did was because the demand for an extension of the story was so high that Carpenter had no choice but to.

Halloween II(1981) was going to have the be made, Carpenter left a cliffhanger at the end of the first, and anything other than a direct sequel was going to be panned.

Halloween II ended up being successful and the most mainstream Myers movie(every casual from the 70s/80s considers Laurie Myers sister, only a niche fanatic base hates it for some reason) and many consider it better than the original.

Halloween and Halloween II were perfect movies and did the job of scaring the audience while getting them to root for the hero’s in Dr. Loomis and Laurie Strode while telling a detailed and tragic story of a sociopathic escaped mental patient going after his sister and other victims.

The problem is with Halloween 3, people would’ve accepted Halloween II as the conclusion of the Myers story had 3 been a really good story, instead they went with the movie they did and it was niche.

They had to introduce a new antagonist the same way the Friday the 13th series did with Jason in the sequel, instead they didn’t and people were asking for Myers back, if they had a well written new antagonist that scared and repulsed audiences the same way Myers did the late 70s/early 80’s then no one would ask for Myers to return.

The same way no one asked Ms. Voorhees to return when Jason took over. If Friday The 13Th part 2 was Halloween 3, people would backlash and ask for Ms. Voorhees back.

Halloween 3 should’ve been revolutionary if it was going to make the Halloween series an anthology. And Halloween 3 wasn’t, had it been named anything other than Halloween 3 perhaps the movie would’ve did better.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Once Halloween 2 was made, the anthology concept was dead. You can’t do two in a single story and then branch out into new stories.

Carpenter should be happy though that both visions were well received.

Mike is still loved 40 years later and many horror anthologies continue to thrive today as well. Hits even.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
every casual from the 70s/80s considers Laurie Myers sister, only a niche fanatic base hates it for some reason
Facts. I grew up seeing the TV cut of Halloween 1 and Halloween 2 and she was always his sister for me.

I didn't know until years later it was introduced in 2 as the TV cut adds a scene with the word sister written in Myers room.

I don't personally understand the need to retcon that back after 40 years so I checked out of this new series before it began.

Reactions: RLStern

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

I used to LOATHE H20 for the same reason I'm not into this new one, but at least H20 retained the major elements of the first two.

So now I can watch H20 with more respect and fondness.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I thought the last one was a perfect ending to the franchise
I don't think a perfect ending to this franchise exists anymore. This new series is the 5th or so retcon. The franchise itself is basically dead.

It holds as much cohesion to itself as the Texas Chainsaw Massacres do. At this point may as well do a trilogy and have the perfect ending to that.

Actually, I'd say the better analogy is Batman. Halloween is like Batman. There'll never be a definitive ending as it'll keep getting rebooted.

Just make sure you have a tight beginning, middle and end to each of your new stories.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
RL Stein, what's your favorite horror movie?

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I don't think a perfect ending to this franchise exists anymore. This new series is the 5th or so retcon. The franchise itself is basically dead.

It holds as much cohesion to itself as the Texas Chainsaw Massacres do. At this point may as well do a trilogy and have the perfect ending to that.

Actually, I'd say the better analogy is Batman. Halloween is like Batman. There'll never be a definitive ending as it'll keep getting rebooted.

Just make sure you have a tight beginning, middle and end to each of your new stories.

Welp I thought back then with Laurie finally conquering her fears and not wanting to run rather wanting to fight Michael and winning it would of been great to keep it at that. I expected him to survive though he's been burned before and kept on kicking. I just wonder if they'll want to kill off Laurie here or stretch it out for the last film as Michael finally dies probably holding Laurie's hands like Sasuke and Naruto towards the end of their fight.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'm always up for a new Halloween movie, and I did enjoy the 2018 film. I'm still worried they might shit the bed with two more sequels.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well there was a suspicion he wasn't going to be killed off in 2018.

Guess we can confidently say he will survive this one and roll onto the 3rd film.
Where that should be it. He's finally put to rest for good.

I heard that there was a post credits scene at the end of the last one which shows the basement empty showing that Michael was still alive.

Reactions: TeaDrinkingLimey

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Welp I thought back then with Laurie finally conquering her fears and not wanting to run rather wanting to fight Michael and winning it would of been great to keep it at that. I expected him to survive though he's been burned before and kept on kicking. I just wonder if they'll want to kill off Laurie here or stretch it out for the last film as Michael finally dies probably holding Laurie's hands like Sasuke and Naruto towards the end of their fight.

Laurie has already died three times so honestly the only new, and I say new quite loosely, ground here is for Laurie to make it out the other side having won out.

As for Laurie deciding to stop running and conquer her fears by facing Michael, she already did that in H20.

Like I said, after you’ve already retconned this many times, there’s really no such thing as a perfect end.

Especially because it can’t be the end of Laurie’s journey in Halloween 2 as it’s robbed her of her agency.

So realistically you need to build this storyline up and then give that its own perfect conclusion.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Laurie has already died three times so honestly the only new, and I say new quite loosely, ground here is for Laurie to make it out the other side having won out.

As for Laurie deciding to stop running and conquer her fears by facing Michael, she already did that in H20.

Like I said, after you’ve already retconned this many times, there’s really no such thing as a perfect end.

Especially because it can’t be the end of Laurie’s journey in Halloween 2 as it’s robbed her of her agency.

So realistically you need to build this storyline up and then give that its own perfect conclusion.

I get it but this Universe H20 doesn't exist so it's the first time for Laurie doing this to be fair. I like the unknown in films to be honest and I have no clue how this ends which is why I'm so hype for it.