Guidelines

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
1. Sandbagging. Don't leave everything until last minute and maybe this won't be a problem. Personally if I have two, I'm going to drop two. It's up to the other person to meet their cap without having to worry about WHEN I do stuff. Focus on winning your end of the match and quit worrying about mine.

2. Let's get this straight. If the cap is 2 RPs and one person drops 2 and the other drops 1, we're going to reward the person who met their cap (unless both RPs are utter shit). Because, hey, met their caps, made the effort. In a one-on-one situation though, it's down to who has the best RP.

But those are two of the reasons why we mostly went with one RP. To avoid such complaints.

See with number two to me it wouldn't matter if he met his cap if that one is better than the two, the one wins. To me the caps are like speed limits your not required to drive that fast but it's recommended and you can't exceed it.

As I said I base my results on Story and Continuity little else.

BDC

Reaction score
Then, it really doesn't benefit you to even try and do two. Why bother when the police are gonna give you a pass everytime.

In the past with us, a lot of times it had to do with MEETING the cap. We weren't scared of doing more rps because that meant we had more scenes to show our character and build his personality. But here ya just shove'm all together from one scene to another even if it makes no sense. If that's what we're doin, fine. Let's just call it what it is. Cause I'm not gonna knock my ass off trying to put together 2 or 3 or 4 or, like last week, 5 rps that stand alone and read awesome, if some guy comes in and slouches one and wins. Doesn't make sense.

SO, why have cap limits? Just one post and have fun...it's a literally insane to ask them to do TWO rps and them know they can win with one no matter how hard the other guy works.

Just so you know that the storyline and character development is only going to go so fast.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I do one thats fucking awesome and I lose to someone that did two mediocre and I lose I'm going to be pissed. You won't convince me otherwise and I will not judge winner in that way as it's stupid it then isn't a cap system it's a mandatory two rps

As far as a cap system I've never believed in it let them do as many or as little as they want. It should still be judged on the story the continuity and readability.

And I don't even understand what the last sentence means.

Last edited:

BDC

Reaction score
No. Don't have them do as many as they want because they will just pour it on. Then, the more you do the more attention you get.

Just keep the one rp cap. They will just pour it on there too, but at least it wont be 10 rps vs 1 or 2.

I just don't like dumbing this down. We're afraid to do too much. Afraid we're going to lose at the last moment, so we wait till the last day. We're afraid that two good rps will beat our one stroke of brilliance. IDK. Just me ranting. Just keep it at one. That way nobody will have to worry about being bothered.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Somebody pours it on doesn't mean shit becaue they'll be weaker. If someone RPs five times in a week you really think he'll have better RPs then someone that Rp'd once or twice? If he does then he should be the guy that wins.

Keep one rp why? Why can't I do two or three if I have the time and ability to do more?

The whole losing at the last moment thing will always occur their isn't a way to avoid that. Keeping it at one RP doesn't solve that because If I RP first the other guy could see what I did play off of it make his longer (assumingly better) he'd win.

The_King

Reaction score
With caps, the sandbagging issue isn't really relevant. If you have a 2 RP cap and your opponent posts two RPs in the last hour of the show, your opponent is probably a giant tool haha, but it's still your fault for not being prepared.

On the second issue, I'm partially with Prime. I do think there should be a set cap as I started in a fed that didn't have a cap and it could get ridiculous with sandbagging/huge feuds ending in 20+ RPs from both guys/etc. With that being said, the rule DEFINITELY should be that if Person A posts 1 very good RP and Person B posts two decent/below average RPs, then Person A should at least be considered for the win despite him/her not fulfilling the cap. To be fair, I don't think that would happen often, but it's very possible.
For example, I rated the Multiplex/White match that FWR was complaining about last week. His RP was definitely longer than both of White's, but it was just very average and both of White's were decent. Hence, I gave White the win. However, had White's two RPs faced off against, for instance, RRS' Trix's war RP from last show, I think it would be very hard to deny RRS the win.
Just tossin' this out here haha.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yeah I don't think it'd be a huge issue. But say I do two RPs of lower quality than my usual gold and Syn does his one typical last minute RP that means I win? Just cause I had the two?

The_King

Reaction score
Completely agree! Let's get Pete (and Ben if he wants to chime in) before we make an official call. I do think we should announce the official ruling that we make though because it seems to be a hot issue haha.

Pete

Reaction score
In the PWA we had the freedom to do "no-points" RPs beyond our caps, which were not rated (it would still be X on X, not X on Y) but served for character and storyline development. I tended to abuse them :D

Also, while I hated 8-caps, I used 4- and 5-caps to write multi-part sagas with my characters :S

And absolutely NO unlimited caps, we tried that once in the PWA and it was madness! I had to write 32 RPs just to win! Then it DOES become about bulk not quality, and there were people spamming just to write more than the others.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Thats why you don't "grade" based on quanity. I guarantee that those 32 vs a few were shit because you can't do that many in a week and them all be good against someone who put time into three quality rps.

But I'm fine with no unlimited I'm just not fine on it being a "if you don't hit your quota you lose"

Pete

Reaction score
Well everyone else was writing like crazy, but since I was following a storyarc, only my final five or so were crap, because they were a tacked-on chain. Without that chain, all my RPs would have been above average. Oh, and we had two weeks I think, due to the sheer amount of RPs.

I am fine with adapting, as long as we don't screw over people who write two good RPs (like Ben or RRS or Venomous or Vance usually do) over people with just one good RP. However the most immediate solution would be to make it 1-cap all round again, except for people who DON'T have that problem.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I find one very limiting I like to do arcs within a single week which would ideally be two maybe three.

It's not difficult and I'm not sure why it's seeming to be. Rate the rp in your head hmm this guys rp is 5 stars this other guy has a two star and a one star. 5 star wins. I mean if a guy has a three star rp and the other guy has two 2 star rps itd win. yeah each rp seperately is lower but them combined makes it better.

BDC

Reaction score
I'm opting out on this one. I'm outnumbered on the issue and it's not that big for me to start shit about.

I still don't see why it's so hard to just drop another. BUT, that's me. I'm also calling a problem with Finder in the near future. The next time he loses, no matter what, he seems like the kind of guy who thinks he cant lose. Reminds me of ANdy in that way. But I'd bet good money that the next time he loses he will complain. He already called bullshit on the last match and, now that he can possibly win with only one rp, he will drop one and claim that it can't be beat....just like last time. Even when King and myself and, I think, Pete thought Solomon won that.

Also, calling a cap and telling them they can win with one rp is basically guaranteeing that most will only do one anyway. Most them aren't as ambitious as us. Thus the complaining and the issue.

Last edited:

The_King

Reaction score
Agreeed with the Finder comment, but we really can't do anything about it. If his opponent out RPs him, then he has to get over himself.

On the cap thing, I don't think we'll see that one RP problem because it will become apparent that 1 RP beating out 2 RPs won't have often.