Guess who Captain America is?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nation

- It's official: Chris Evans is Captain America.

Reports surfaced on Friday that the actor -- best known to fanboys as the Human Torch from the Fantastic Four movies -- had been offered the job by Marvel. And now the Heat Vision blog has confirmed that the actor has accepted the role of Steve Rogers, the 90-pound weakling who through a government experiment is turned into the pinnacle of human perfection -- the star-spangled Avenger known as Captain America.

"Sources tell us the actor has not only accepted Marvel's offer," says the site, "but that the dealmaking moved so fast it's now all about dotting the i's and crossing the t's."

The news follows what turned out to be along and laborious casting search for the role, a pivotal one in the Marvel universe. Cap is not only one of the marquee heroes of Marvel, but he's also typically portrayed as the leader of the Avengers. The casting for his live-action incarnation was no doubt complicated by various factors, namely that the actor who plays him will have to go from a zero to hero in his origin tale and then also be able to convey the gravitas of a leader of men on the battlefield -- and of superheroes in the eventual Avengers movie. And he'll have to have the acting chops to stand alongside the likes of Robert Downey Jr. on screen.

So The Human Torch will be Captain America lol. Guess they got split personalities.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
Ryan Reynolds is Hannibal king, deadpool and green lantern so it's not anything new. Evans isn't human torch anymore cuz they're rebooting FF so why not the guy has some acting abilities, street kings was hood and I personally like push, but Cap is a serious role idk if he can tap into that leadership role onscreen

Nation

Ryan Reynolds is Hannibal king, deadpool and green lantern so it's not anything new. Evans isn't human torch anymore cuz they're rebooting FF so why not the guy has some acting abilities, street kings was hood and I personally like push, but Cap is a serious role idk if he can tap into that leadership role onscreen

Okay maybe it's not a big deal. I thought he was pretty good as The Human Torch but haven't seen much else of his work.

Reaction score
BORING BORING BORING.

Should have used someone else. I won't be convinced.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
I haven't followed Capt. America for some time but should the Capt. be played by an older guy just like Ironman? Or did someone young replaced Rogers as the new Capt. America

shane

Reaction score
Cap is not only one of the marquee champions of Marvel, but he’s furthermore normally depicted as the foremost of the Avengers. The casting for his live-action incarnation was no question perplexing by diverse components, namely that the player who performances him will have to proceed from a none to champion in his source tale and then furthermore be adept to express the gravitas of a foremost of men on the battlefield

hndsmepete

Reaction score
If they make the movie similar in tone to Ed Brubaker's run on Captain America, then it will be great. Brubaker brought Cap back to his roots, losing the pussification brought on in the 1980's & 1990's where they stopped making stories set in WW2 show Cap shooting Nazis. Brubaker brought the idea back that he is a soldier first & a symbol second. I suggest reading it because it really has been entertaining.

Cap is not only one of the marquee champions of Marvel, but he’s furthermore normally depicted as the foremost of the Avengers. The casting for his live-action incarnation was no question perplexing by diverse components, namely that the player who performances him will have to proceed from a none to champion in his source tale and then furthermore be adept to express the gravitas of a foremost of men on the battlefield

It sounds like you are trying way too hard to seem more literate than the rest of us. Remember, we're a bunch of dummies on a wrestling chat board, so set the bar a bit lower.