Guess the Answer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

Randy Orton or Edge?

From the look of things we're heading towards an Orton-Edge matchup at WM23. So the question, who should turn face? Edge or Orton? Or should both of them just remain as heels?

Personally, I want to see Edge go back to being a face, he's proven in the past that he can pull it off and now that Lita's gone it would be easier for Edge to draw cheers from the crowd. We've seen how dull Orton's character is when he's a face so I think he should be the heel... The man just makes a natural heel.

Wrestling God

Reaction score
I would like for both of them to stay heel, but if one did turn face i would rather it be orton than edge. He was not a face for that long and i think he could be quite a good face if the Face orton is allowed to develop and grow on the fans. Edge suits being heel right down to the ground with his excellent mic skills and drawing boos from the crowd.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
i think Orton will turn face or just be in a tweener role for the fued and then after WrestleMania he turns heel again.to me Edge is better at being a face but it kinda seems like Orton will be the face

NooDLE

Reaction score
Heel vs Heel feud wouldn't work, the fans wouldn't care seeing how they hate both of the characters. I think that it would be best for Edge to go face again, he can play the role a hell of alot better than Randy Orton. The turn would have to be quick though because currently, most of the WWE fans hate him. Then again, a quick face turn is never good, so he should do things to hint him going face thorughout the next couple weeks, and then it will finally happen. Naturally, Orton seems like a heel, and from past experience, he did not play the face role well at all. So, the best plan would be for Edge to go into WM as face and Orton as heel.

I am also wondering what would be the outcome of their match. Would they let Edge lose at WM? Or do they want to keep his streak going? Also, I couldnt see Orton losing AGAIN at WM, he hasn't won at WM yet, has he? It should be a great match though, and I'm looking forward to this feud.

Degeneration__X2006

Reaction score
At this time, I think that it's going to be Orton that turns face and Edge staying heel. As of right now, I do believe that Edge would not be fit to be face. He has no reason to and the closer we get to WrestleMania, the more kaniving he is becoming. Orton is doing just fine as he is, but he would be the most likely candidate for a change to face. A tid bit off topic, but at WM I do think that Orton is gonna beat the holy HELL out of Edge!

RATED-RKO21

Reaction score
orton turns face and edge stays heel and thats a good match with orton turning heel again after wrestlemania

Soulpower

I think they should make their match special (if it does happen) like let the winner become the number #1 Contender and challenge the champ (hopefully HBK) at Backlash for the double double E title.

xtremebadass

They are both great heels, but I would definitely love to see Edge face again, however Orton never really got a long run as a face, so I would love for RKO to be face again

Taker

Reaction score
I think Edge should turn face, he has been Heel for over 2 years now and i think it is time for a change for him!

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
but soulpower there could be a money in the bank match on the wrestlemania card and thats like a number 1 contender match,i do hope there is a gimmick match tho like a street fight or something like that it would make the match better

MJ807

Reaction score
I think that Edge will be turning face he has been hinting torwad it more then orton from my perspective. Edge has been trying to be friendsly with Orton and Orton has been dissing him and they way Edge is acting I think he will turn face.

phantomgerald

yeah edge should be face. i like edge the wrestler and the person.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
two ways to handle this situation. First, put 'em in the MITB match. No issues there they have to work against each other, and it gives them a chance to hold off on this feud a little longer.

Second, put them in a tag team match. My ideal picks would be vs Steve Austin and Mick Foley, but the odds of that happening are slim to none and slim just left town.

So yeah, the MITB idea is probably the best way to go.

xtremebadass

I will love to see the classic Mania grudge match Edge vs. Orton, it's just a classic match.