• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
No, no, no, no, NO! They both failed horribly as faces. There is absolutely, positively no way in hell that either of these men should change gimmicks and turn face. What? You want Umaga or Khali to be the number 2 heel on Raw? And Orton/Edge, Michaels, Cena, Triple H (when he returns) splitting time as the top face? Come on now. Just because they're gonna have a feud and probable match at Wrestlemania does NOT mean that one or the other HAS to turn face. Face vs. Face and Heel vs. Heel matches have happened before and worked before, and it will again this time. Come on......Edge excelled as a face?!? Is that why they had to completely abandon the plans they had for him mid 2004 because he just couldn't get over with the crowd? But the instant he turns heel, BAM! Superstar status, shoots right to the top. And Orton? Same deal. He couldn't have got over with the crowd as a face if his life depended on it. These two guys were obviously born to play the heel roll, best two in wrestling today, so why change it? Makes no sense, no sense whatsoever. Triple H as a heel couldn't get either of these guys over with the crowd. What makes you think anyone else can?

The Extremist

Reaction score
I don't see Edge or Orton ever being faces again. Edge, because of the whole Matt Hardy deal, and Orton because he sucked as a face, and right now, I wouldn't want them to be because they're very good heels. They're the best heels on RAW, probably on the entire WWE roster. I know a heel vs. heel match seems odd because it's rarely done, but it could probably work. I'd expect Edge to win and keep his Wrestlemania streak intact, but I wouldn't count Randy Orton out. I think it'll be a really good match.

CenaMark54

You have to leave Orton heel or Cena is going to run out of people to feud with.

I'd like to see Edge turn face and give that a shot. He had a great heel run, was the top heel for most of the year and won some championships. If he stays heel he will basically be out of the main event picture as long as Cena holds the belt. I think the fans are over the hardy/lita deal. With Lita out of the picture he can slowly begin to win back the fans.

JMay187

Reaction score
I say turn Edge face taht way we don't have to suffer through another Edge/Cena feud. Unless HBK goes heels and wins the title than we could see HBK/Edge which would be interesting.

Montana

I think they should make their match special (if it does happen) like let the winner become the number #1 Contender and challenge the champ (hopefully HBK) at Backlash for the double double E title.

It think with the right stipulation for this match, it will be classic, Match of the year caliber

Also Noodle, Orton along with fliar and batista (evolution) beat Rock and Sock connection at WM 20, ortons last wm win.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Both are natural heels, so I think they should both stay heel after they have a feud. Maybe one could move to Smackdown to help out there.

ChiWa

Reaction score
Everybody seems to have hated Orton's face run, but to me with no Internet at the time, I thought the crowd loved him till he RKO'd Stacy.

Wrestling Station

Yes Orton had a good time with being a face, but not that good. He plays a better role in the business as being a heel. So for having 2 heels bookings (Edge and Orton) their match will be ok. To make it a better match, it should be an end contract match in Raw. The loser need to switch brand in this case. That would be great for more competion in SD for the title, and for Raw to find new storyline depth.

circle

Reaction score
I think Orton should go back to face and not back to smackdown again! (he was already there!)At least with Orton he is young and can have another go at it being a face character, and maybe after wm 23 he can feud with umaga, but that's wishful thinking there.

Edge is better as a heel, and I would rather see him as heel b/c he was more interesting than seeing him play a face character... or Edge could play the bad*** face, and that may go over.

poolshark2014

So is it official that Rated RKO is going to seperate? If so when?

It seems like WWE has forgotten about the recent incidents between these 2 superstars so that's why I ask if they are still going to go through the seperation. It seems like WWE has lagged from the storyline between these 2. The last thing I remember was Orton throwing Edge out of the ring and saying to Edge "you messed up". Since then nothing has happened. Is there any news about these 2 that might spice things up before Wrestlemania?

RonaldMcDonald

Reaction score
They both are greats Heels but Ima have to say Randy because he's great in the ring for a guy his age and he has a lot ahead of him.

phantomgerald

i thought edge is in the MITB match so how can they have a feud. but if i had to choose, i'd say edge to be face.

Rell

Reaction score
Edge...One of the best heels in wrestling right now

The Punisher

Reaction score
Randy Orton would make a good face in my opinion so that he can start a feud with Edge who is the perfect heel that you just love to hate

IamCrazy2

Reaction score
They are two of my favorite - gotta go with Randy.