GroundZero.com

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Doc Sulliday

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
XifccX1
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Favorite Sports Team
OEOhb9u
JQAZUgvMdSdIW7dHQKeUvmrlCbdUheXQj-aGNQdWTF2wM-ArSrcgFlfj8qCtFWqRTpYoWTgXgtxaEYQF9Tst3Bi3wz0C3xJC7qWrEA6yj_V6CKuAG9FfDLPEDGPtkoSZsQ5WZEsqP7RN9h4efBEzic0

Episode 7: Las Semifinales
Live from Gimnasio Manual Bernardo Aguirre in Chihuaha, Mexico
Thursday, April 6th, 2023

1680849232451.png

The fireworks go off as we're ready to start the penultimate episode of Ground Zero Season 4. It is the Semi Finals, which means that we're closer than ever to figuring out who is going to be the Ground Zero Season 4 champion.

Ty Johnson: Welcome to Ground Zero!

Daiquan Andrews: It's the Semi-Finals baby...

Ty Johnson: That's right...we have six competitors left. And tonight? We have THREE eliminations.

Daiquan Andrews: Every match tonight is an elimination match. Three matches, three eliminations. It's the Semi Finals, there's no playing around now. This is for all the marbles.

Ty Johnson: The stakes have never been higher. By the end of tonight we will know our three Ground Zero finalists.

Daiquan Andrews: As of right now, there are THREE members of Team Vamprya left. Who would've though the FWA rookie would have had the most successful team?

Ty Johnson: Meanwhile, Team Fantasy has two left...and TYLER is the sole member left for Team Wizard, and has been for awhile.

Daiquan Andrews: And we're wasting no time, we're about to get started with the first match of the night. El Vengador and tyler!

Ty Johnson: It's TYLER.

Daiquan Andrews: WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME?

Ty Johnson: I'm not, I'm just saying it's TYLER.

Daiquan Andrews: THAT IS YELLING!

Ty Johnson: NO! THIS IS YELLING!

Daiquan Andrews: Stop it!

Ty Johnson: TYLER.

Daiquan Andrews: tYLeR.

Ty Johnson: Enough...let's get going.

El Vengador appears at the top of the ramp to a chorus of boos. He doesn't seem phased as he stomps down the ramp and to the ring with a look of determination.

Ty Johnson: And here he comes...from the realm of Despair, it's El Vengador.

Daiquan Andrews: This man has left a path of destruction on his way to the Semi Finals. He's single handedly responsible for Taboo's elimination last week, and he may just snap little tYLer in half.

Vengador stomps around the ring for a moment before waiting in the center for his opponent.

And coming out to cheers is none other than Tyler!

Daiquan Andrews: I hope his theme is true to heart...because he might be ready to die going up against El Vengador.

Ty Johnson: Oh stop it, I think TYLER has earned his spot at this point better than anyone.

Daiquan Andrews: Sure, but I'm pretty sure El Vengador eats bowls of nails for breakfast so...

Tyler jumps around the ring ready to go as El Vengador stares him down the entire time.

Soon enough they both end up in opposite corners ready to go.

Match One: Semi-Finals
El Vengador vs TYLER
Singles Match
1680849336705.png
vs
1680849317654.png
Winner: TYLER (Team Wizard)​
Eliminated: El Vengador (Team Vamprya)​
Recap: El Vengador's pure rage is what pushed him the farthest in this match. He came at TYLER with everything he had including clotheslines, boot kicks, and spinebusters.

But TYLER wouldn't give up.

After breaking out of five straight pin attempts from El Vengador, TYLER shocked the world when he surprised El Vengador with a quick JUMPING DDT. Vengador got up right away from it and onto his feet, but was clearly dazed. While he was stumbling around, TYLER hit him with a school boy roll up and got the win.​

TYLER looks exasperated as he can't believe it. He rolls out of the ring quickly before El Vengador can get to his feet, and quickly walks backwards up the ramp as the fans cheer his name.

"TYLER!" "TYLER!" "TYLER!"

Ty Johnson: TYLER is going to the finals!

Daiquan Andrews: Wow...

Ty Johnson: He's come a long way, but the sole survivor of Team Wizard will keep on surviving.

Daiquan Andrews: El Vengador meanwhile is eliminated, after a strong first half of the season he's really had a disappointing second half. We have to wonder where his career is going from here.

Ty Johnson: I see good things, but TYLER just was better tonight.

We see one last shot of TYLER before cutting to a commercial.

After the commercial, we cut backstage to the guerilla position where Mamifero De Basura is waiting to go out for his match. He's looking visibly nervous, but he rubs Sully's E for good luck.

That's when, quite startlingly, Saint Sully himself appears right behind him!

Mamifero jumps, and then freezes in fear.

Saint Sully looks intimidatingly at him at first, but then smiles and taps him on the shoulder.

Saint Sully: Relax, rodent. I know you probably think that I am still upset about the whole stealing my E thing...but I just wanted to come personally let you know, I'm over it.

Mamifero chuckles nervously.

Mamifero De Basura: Oh...that's good! I'm glad there is no hard feelings.

Saint Sully: No hard feelings whatsoever. It's water under the bridge.

Mamifero De Basura: That's some trash that is off to the dumpster!

Saint Sully: ....was my metaphor not good enough?

Mamifero De Basura: Oh, sorry...

Saint Sully: Never the less, I just came to wish you good luck on your match! You've worked hard to get to this point, and I'm proud of how far you've come.

Mamifero still doesn't trust Sully, but he smiles and nods never the less.

Mamifero De Basura: Thanks sir. I couldn't have done it without your E!

Sully looks angry at the comment, but he grins through it.

Saint Sully: Right...of course. Anyway, good luck out there. I know you two have a lot of history, but I hope it doesn't come between you as you guys fight in one of the most important matches of your career.

Mamifero looks confused at Sully's comment.

Mamifero De Basura: Wait, I...I thought I was fighting Hemmlock?

Saint Sully's twisted smile is revealed now, as his kindness was in fact all a ploy.

Saint Sully: Oh? I'm sorry...nobody told you? We switched things up at the last minute. No, Hemmlock is fighting LaVonny Toner in the main event. You my friend...are going up against Halloween Knight.

Mamifero looks upset. He knew he'd have to fight his newly formed best friend eventually, but he didn't think it'd be now.

Saint Sully: Like I said, best of luck to you.

Sully walks away giggling with glee, as Halloween Knight soon appears quietly...determined for this match that's about to occur.​

The crowd pops as Mamifero De Basura comes out to the top of the ramp. He looks a bit uneasy however after the news he just received from Saint Sully.

Ty Johnson: And here he comes...Trashè Mammal.

Daiquan Andrews: He was supposed to be fighting Hemmlock in this match, but I guess it was changed at the last second.

Ty Johnson: Like I said...you don't want to get on Sully's bad side. Being forced to fight his best friend in a do or die elimination match? This is Sully's doing.

Daiquan Andrews: These two made a connection early on when they teamed up in a tag team match. They're the last two members of Team Fantasy. But soon Coach Fantasy is going to only be down to one.

The crowd pops again, this time to Halloween Knight!

Ty Johnson: And here comes one of the biggest fan favorites of the show, Halloween Knight!

Daiquan Andrews: This spooky guy has had quite the season this year.

Halloween Knight dances on down to the ring. He gives his Trick or Trash partner a nod of respect as they each get in their corners.

Match Two: Semi-Finals
Halloween Knight vs Mamifero De Basura
Singles Match
1680849299867.png
vs
1680849306090.png
Winner: Halloween Knight (Team Fantasy)​
Eliminated: Mamifero De Basura (Team Fantasy)​
Recap: One of the saddest matches of the night, the tag team of Trick or Trash had to fight against each other in an elimination match to determine which one of them would move onto the finals.

With that said, neither one hesitated.

In the end however it was Halloween Knight who got the win, after hitting Mamifero with a TERROR Tornado DDT and pinning him for the win.​

Following the match both Halloween Knight and Mamifero De Basura lay in the ring next to each other. Halloween Knight looks remorseful about eliminating his partner, but Mamifero gets up and tells him it's okay.

They shake hands as the crowd cheers.

Ty Johnson: Well it's a bitter sweet moment, as Halloween Knight will move on...but Mamifero De Basura will not.

Daiquan Andrews: It's truly heartbreaking...

Just then, the crowd boos in uproar as Sully struts out to the top of the ramp in his three-piece suit. He's got a big shit-eating grin on his face as Mamifero De Basura has just been eliminated. Halloween Knight is up on his feet and is standing in front of Mamifero and the E, as if he's shielding them from Sully.

Saint Sully: Oh, Halloweenie...Chivalry isn't dead. But don't worry, I'm not coming down there. I have no reason to...but let t that be a lesson to anyone who decides to mess with me...to steal my E. There will be consequences. Mamifero tried his best, he did. He fought of El Vengador, he made it through the Don't Get Pinned Tournament...but going up against his best friend? Oh what kind of monster would force that upon him...ME.

I am the monster!

And guess what, I am still not done with you...you...you rodent. Because Mamifero, you may be eliminated...but April 19th is my birthday. And you're invited! I'm inviting you to my big birthday bash in Mexico City. And you don't really have a chance on whether you want to show up or not, because we still have your rabies infested ass under contract.

And for my birthday, you're going to fighting...I've had enough playing around. Your putting that E on the line, in a match. How tough are you going to be when you're in the ring at the same time as me?

I will not show you any mercy until my E is returned, rodent.

With that, Sully drops the mic on the ramp as his theme music plays. The crowd boos, but Halloween Knight and Mamifero go back to celebrating...at least for now.

After the commercial, Sully is back in his office. He's pacing and planning on just how things are going to play out on April 19th when he has Mamifero competing with the E on the line.

Suddenly however, he's interrupted by none other than Hemmlock.

Sully looks surprised to see her.

Saint Sully: Oh...Hemm...um...

Hemmlock: Did I just hear you say you're going to wrestle on April 19th? You can't wrestle...you're retired, remember? Your injury?

Saint Sully chuckles nervously at her.

Saint Sully: Well, if it isn't Ground Zero's little superhero coming to tell me what's right and what's wrong. What business is it to you anyway?

Hemmlock doesn't look amused.

Hemmlock: You know what business it is to me...

Saint Sully: Well, Hemmlock, don't you worry about it. I have big plans in store...for my big birthday bash. I think on my birthday I am allowed to indulge a little bit, no? Why shouldn't I...that E was stolen from me. I think it's worth risking my life and limb to go out there and dance around a little bit. Besides, this is The Trash Mammal we're talking about here. If I actually wanted to, I could fight him without breaking a sweat.

Hemmlock: Breaking a sweat? What about breaking a vertabrae?

Saint Sully: Don't you have a big match to get ready for yourself?

Hemmlock: Whatever...

Hemmlock rolls her eyes and walks out of the host's office as we cut to one more commercial before the main event.

LaVonny Toner appears at the top of the ramp to a good pop from the crowd. He struts down to the ring with confidence as he's all out ready to go.

Ty Johnson: And here comes LaVonny Toner!

Daiquan Andrews: I don't know if anyone has had more wins on this season of Ground Zero so far than LaVonny.

Ty Johnson: Last week he didn't even need to compete in the Don't Get Pinned tournament, as he had immunity.

Daiquan Andrews: Well he's competing tonight, and he's ready to go. We already have two of our finalists set for April 19th. The big question is...who will be the third?

LaVonny makes it to the ring and awaits his opponent.

Another pop from the crowd as the tiny Hemmlock appears! She jumps all around the ring as the crowd chants along with her theme song.

"MUCHA LUCHA!"

"MUCHA LUCHA!"

Ty Johnson: And here comes one of the biggest underdogs of the season...Hemmlock!

Daiquan Andrews: I gotta admit, I counted her out early because of her size, but she's held her own in this one.

Hemmlock smiles as she then sprints down the ramp and slides in the ring.

She heads into the opposite corner of Toner as we're ready to get this one started.

Main Event: Semi-Finals
LaVonny Toner (Team Vamprya) vs Hemmlock (Team Vamprya)
Singles Match
1680849280230.png
vs
1680849288671.png
Winner: LaVonny Toner (Team Vampyra)​
Eliminated: Hemmlock (Team Vampyra)​
Recap: One of the longest matches of the night. Hemmlock's strategy this entire show has been speed and avoidance. During battle royales she's lurked in the background and took her opportunities.

But now in a one on one match against one of the toughest competitors of the show, she had nowhere to hide.

She held her own for quite some time, holding LaVonny off with some Muay Thai kicks. But her speed wasn't enough to overpower Toner, as in the end he'd hit her with a quick “Ode to the OG” (Triple-Rope Jump Double Axe-Handle) before pinning her and getting the win.​

LaVonny Toner rolls off Hemmlock and raises his hands in the air! He has done it. Coach Vamprya comes out to the ring and shakes both his hand and Hemmlock's.

Her team fought hard, but LaVonny is moving on.

Ty Johnson: And our three finalists are set!

Daiquan Andrews: That's right. LaVonny Toner, Halloween Knight, and TYLER are all going to be competing for the crown of Ground Zero Season 4 Champion.

Ty Johnson: A representative from each team. You can beat all three of their coaches are going to get heavily involved in this one.

Daiquan Andrews: Well they have 13 days to get ready.

Ty Johnson: That's right...on April 19th, we will be in Mexico City, for the final episode of Ground Zero Season 4. Tune in, and see who will be getting a guaranteed roster spot in the FWA.

Our final shot is of LaVonny Toner standing in the ring...looking more determined as ever now that he's headed to the Ground Zero finales.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Jazz Wolf and Tig

Doc Sulliday

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
XifccX1
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Favorite Sports Team
OEOhb9u
@Princess Rosé
@Jimmy King
@Gacy
@AON
@The Gipper
@Mitch Buchannon
@Dubble J
@Mandalorian
@Jazz Wolf
@weaselperson

And here is Episode 7 of Ground Zero live!

NOW, onto the final steps...as we are in the final stage. That means, to determine a winner, we must have a promo submission. You officially have 7 days to submit a promo. ANYONE can submit a promo, as long as they were already a character on the show. So if your character was eliminated in week one, then you can submit a promo for them anyway. I'll work them back onto the show with a returnee tournament or something.

You can submit your promos IN THIS THREAD. They will be graded by me and at least one or two others. The FWA Grading scale is what will be used.

Promo deadline is on Saturday, April 15th, 2023 at 3 AM EST. Here is a countdown for the promo deadline to avoid any confusion: Click here for the promo deadline countdown

Good luck to all those submitting promos. And if nobody submits any promos within the deadline, then I'm bringing Hemmlock back and having her win it. K? Cool. Again good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tig

Tig

Reaction score
The following was posted to GroundZero.com immediately following the show…

We see the white-masked handler of LaVonny Toner standing in the parking lot outside Gimnasio Manual Bernardo Aguirre, speaking on the phone.

“Yeah, yeah he won. Of course he did. Kid has got talent Boss… Okay, I hear you… Do we even need her?… I really think I could do the job… But he hasn’t even spoken to Vampyra yet… Yeah she’s technically his coach… Alright then, whatever you say Boss. I’ll make it happen. Later.”

Just at that very moment, LaVonny emerges from the arena and makes a beeline straight for the man in the white mask, seemingly in somewhat of a hurry

“Listen up, kid: the final is next week and The Boss is going to be here but things will be a little different. Apparently The Boss talked to Saint and despite it clearly being the wrong choice… you’re gonna have to let Vampyra accompany you to the ring next week.”

“Who is Vampyra?”

The man in the white mask sniggers in response before limping slowly forward and placing a hand on LaVonny’s shoulder.

“She’s your coach. We’ve been, eh, a little… a little too busy to formally introduce you to her.”

“A little too busy keeping me locked up and beat down while trying to get me to remember things, you mean?”

The man in the white mask shrugs his shoulders nonchalantly.

“Look, LaVonny, I’m just following orders. Really, it’s nothing personal and to be honest-”

“I remember something.”

The white-masked man’s eyes widen. He talks excitedly, perhaps the first time in eight episodes he’s shown some real emotion in his interactions with LaVonny.

“What do you remember?”

“I remember dying.”

The man in the white mask is left open-mouthed and gawking for a moment as LaVonny stares at him, unflinching. After a moment he fumbles for his phone in his pocket and punches in a number. He holds LaVonny’s stare as the phone rings.

“Hello? It’s me… Yeah, listen… you were right about him Boss, the wrestling has made him remember something and wait until you hear what he remembers…”

Reactions: Doc Sulliday

Doc Sulliday

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
XifccX1
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Favorite Sports Team
OEOhb9u
The following was posted to GroundZero.com immediately following the show…

We see the white-masked handler of LaVonny Toner standing in the parking lot outside Gimnasio Manual Bernardo Aguirre, speaking on the phone.

“Yeah, yeah he won. Of course he did. Kid has got talent Boss… Okay, I hear you… Do we even need her?… I really think I could do the job… But he hasn’t even spoken to Vampyra yet… Yeah she’s technically his coach… Alright then, whatever you say Boss. I’ll make it happen. Later.”

Just at that very moment, LaVonny emerges from the arena and makes a beeline straight for the man in the white mask, seemingly in somewhat of a hurry

“Listen up, kid: the final is next week and The Boss is going to be here but things will be a little different. Apparently The Boss talked to Saint and despite it clearly being the wrong choice… you’re gonna have to let Vampyra accompany you to the ring next week.”

“Who is Vampyra?”

The man in the white mask sniggers in response before limping slowly forward and placing a hand on LaVonny’s shoulder.

“She’s your coach. We’ve been, eh, a little… a little too busy to formally introduce you to her.”

“A little too busy keeping me locked up and beat down while trying to get me to remember things, you mean?”

The man in the white mask shrugs his shoulders nonchalantly.

“Look, LaVonny, I’m just following orders. Really, it’s nothing personal and to be honest-”

“I remember something.”

The white-masked man’s eyes widen. He talks excitedly, perhaps the first time in eight episodes he’s shown some real emotion in his interactions with LaVonny.

“What do you remember?”

“I remember dying.”

The man in the white mask is left open-mouthed and gawking for a moment as LaVonny stares at him, unflinching. After a moment he fumbles for his phone in his pocket and punches in a number. He holds LaVonny’s stare as the phone rings.

“Hello? It’s me… Yeah, listen… you were right about him Boss, the wrestling has made him remember something and wait until you hear what he remembers…”

It should be noted that this segment is NOT Tig's promo submission, but rather just a segment he's sending in for the show.

Reactions: Tig

AON

Sup.
Reaction score
"Who is Halloween Knight?"

The camera opens up on something of a surprise for this rolling video package. Still, the face in front of us is undoubtedly familiar to any and all fans of professional wrestling, the large frame and smiley face of former CWA World Heavyweight Champion Chubby Carlos; he leans back a little in his chair, rubs his face and chuckles nervously as if overawed by the task presented in front of him, he tilts his head and stares off into space, evidently a million miles away.

"I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of nervous right now, just because I have a ridiculous amount of respect for this man, and I speak for the entire Lucha Community when I say that."

Chubby pauses again as the screen goes black, and his voice becomes nothing more than a voice-over for what we see next.

"To understand Halloween Knight, you have to understand where we come from. You gotta understand...DEATH"

And on perfect cue, The screen comes alive once more with surreally morbid yet colourful images, reefs of flowers hung across caskets, full banquets placed in front of graves. Dancing men and women are illustrated only by the glow of street lights dressed as skeletons.

"It's easy to fear death and weep and despair at the thought of it happening to our loved ones, but in Mexican culture? We don't do that. We don't fear death. We use it as an excuse to celebrate those we've lost, to show the world we understand that the ones we've lost aren't really gone, and that's what Dia De Los Muertos is all about-

Confusing, I know, but it's not the same thing as Halloween. Halloween is all about embracing terror and mischief on the last night of October, But The day of the dead? Is an explosion of colour and life-affirming joy. Sure, it's all about death, but the point is to demonstrate love and respect for deceased family members. For thousands of years, in every city in Mexico, revellers don funky makeup and costumes, hold parades and parties, sing and dance, and make offerings to lost loved ones while a soft Latin acoustic guitar is strummed as a backdrop to the scene.

That's what Halloween Knight represents.

To you guys, he's just a weird guy dancing around dressed as a skeleton and hitting people with chairs, but south of the border? He's the physical manifestation of life after death and showing no fear in the face of the dead.

The picture changes to a fast-paced highlight reel of some of Halloween Knight's finest moments in thirty years of a storied career, as the guitar picks up speed to a frantic degree to score the fast-paced scenes of high-flying attacks, baying crowds and steel chair attacks all committed by Halloween Knight.

HALLOWEEN KNIGHT NO CONOCE EL MIEDO!

BAILARA SOBRE TODAS NUESTRAS TUMBAS ANTES DE QUE DEJE DE LUCHAR!

OUE HARA FALTA PARA DETENER AL HOMBRE DE Q MIL HUESOS?!

See, I think people are surprised that the guy had got all the way to the finals of Ground Zero; here's a guy in a silly costume, wrong side of 40, only working one week a year; he's not going to last long. But those who know? Those who really know? Aren't surprised at all. He didn't work one week a year because he couldn't handle any more; he did it because he wanted to be a lucha santa claus that kicked ass and took names. He's not tired and worn down; that's the beauty of the guy.

Halloween Knight is timeless.

He doesn't slow down, he doesn't let up, you want the god's honest truth? He's better now in the ring than he ever was in his "prime."

Chubby underlined the word "Prime" with quotation mark signs with his fingers.

"It's like he has that weird Benjamin Button illness; he ages backwards, so when you say "I didn't think he was going to get this far, " I say "You haven't been paying attention."

The picture then cuts to more highlights, this time his more recent exploits in Ground Zero. The MASSIVE pop when he defeated Mr Liberty. His instant chemistry with Mamífero De Basura, his partner in the newly minted tag team- Trick or Trash

"Now, I know these dudes that he's been forced to go up against, big mean nasty freaking dudes who think they can just beat the old dude down, because he's the weak link in this whole final situation, but TYLER and Toner should know, more than anything else. Everyone who has ever faced Halloween Knight has thought the same exact thing, and more often than not, a lot of them spent their nights looking up at the lights with Halloween Knight dancing over them after getting a steel chair right between the eyes.

See, LaVonny Toner might have all the momentum in the world, but there ain't a trick that Halloween Knight doesn't know inside and out. And TYLER? Hey man, if that dude wants to play a little dirty, then trust me when I tell ya. Halloween Knight can take it and more.

Because he's not just some silly dancing spooky guy who does dumb, stupid things.

This is a fully-fledged icon, a larger-than-life figure. An out and out cult hero. This isn't an average dude.

We don't know how long we can see a Halloween Knight match before he retires for good, but this is his big chance to get on the big stage, this is a chance that he's been waiting for all his life, and he's not going to let this pass by. He's inches away from his dream of bringing Lucha Libre culture to the masses; that's his goal, what he spent his life working towards.

So I hope TYLER and Toner are ready because if they're not ready, come Ground Zero?

The day of the dead may be upon FWA for a long, long time.

The ScapeDubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Realm: Earth
The Year of 002023 - April

The lights had gone out. The event was over. The arena had completely emptied. Well, not completely. Because a lone, purple figure sat in the darkness and the shadows in the rafters of Gimnasio Manual Bernardo Aguirre. El Vengador stared down from above at the empty ring. The same ring where hours ago he had lost. Officially being eliminated from the Ground Zero competition.

"I have lost," Vengador's deep, raspy voice was heard as a voice-over as if an inner monologue in his head. "I have failed. It is all over."

"Or so that's what they say."

"But it's not what I say."

"This was never about some silly competition. I didn't come here to win GroundZero. That was not my mission. That was not my goal. What I came to this realm to do... who I came to this realm for... is still out there. As far as I'm concerned, this is just the beginning."

"I've traveled the multiverse... across multiple worlds and multiple lands... I've left a trail of bodies along the way... I know my brother's murderer is using this Earthly realm as refuge... a place to call home... but I will find you. I've come too far to stop now."

greybar.png

Realm: The Farmlands
The Year of 002023 - January

El Vengador couldn't stand the smell. His home realm didn't exactly smell good either, mind you. It was a world filled with poverty and death. It's called the Realm of Despair for a reason. Here it was a much different smell. It burned the nostrils. And it wasn't the blood of the humanoid donkey he had smashed up against a fence post.

"Tell me what I need to know!" Vengador demanded of the donkeyman.

"HEEEE-HAW... fine! Fine! I'll talk! I'll talk! Just stop... P-p-p-p-lease!"

Vengador showed some brief mercy as he tossed Jackass Fenix back to the ground before he scurried back to his feet. "Go ahead, talk. I know you know who I'm looking for."

"Right, right, of course,"
Jackass Fenix nodded as he got up on his hind legs, brushing off his hairy chest. "Listen, I'll tell ya everything you need to know. Just leave me alone."

"We'll see... if the information is accurate, I'll spare your life."

"Well, you see..."

"JACKASS!"
A deep, commanding, and intimidating voice echoed across the open space of the field within the Farmlands. The big black bull of a man, literally, stomped over.

"Al... Al... Aly... I... I wasn't gonna say anything, I promise. I swear it."

Alysteer Bull. The second in command of the Herd. His reputation proceeded him as being the most feared and violent being in all the realm. Vengador smirked underneath his mask as the bull creature stepped forward. Vengador was actually glad to see him. "Alysteer, I was hoping to run into you."

"H...H..ow'd you know to find me here?"
the donkey wanted to know.

"Bedlamb told me."

"Ugh, never trust a sheep."

"You're one to talk of trust. Get outta here, I'll handle this chump."

"Yessir,"
Jackson scurried off as Vengador was left to stare down the imposing bull in front of him, towering over Vengador.

"I don't know who you are or why you're here, but you've made a really unfortunate mistake. I'm feeling really benevolent today so I'll give you one chance to pack up your shit and go back to wherever it is you came from."

Vengador stood his ground, showing no fear despite the warning from Alysteer. "I'm afraid I can't do that."

"Oh no?"
Alysteer scoffed, "so you are choosing death?"

"No, I'm not. I can't leave because I came here for something. Or someone. And I will not rest until I have brought upon Justicia upon them."

Alysteer let out a hearty, confident laugh. "And just who are you looking for, little man?"

"La Vaca De La Muerte. Or perhaps as she is known here in your realm, Moochelle. Your leader, I believe."

"Hahaha! You've come here for Moochelle! You are even more of a fool than I thought you to be! Your quest for vengeance is futile!"

"Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't."
Vengador stood silent. Just waiting. Despite the words of Alysteer Bull, Vengador was no fool. He doesn't enter any realm without first gathering information. He knew all about Alysteer and Moochelle's relationship. He knew that while Moochelle was currently on top of the Herd, that Alysteer coveted that spot. He knew that dangling this type of info to him... that Vengador was seeking out swift and thorough justice... that Moochelle could be his target... perhaps there were some benefits for him to share her whereabouts with him. "But only one way to find out. Tell me where I can find her and we'll see what happens. I can assure you, only one of us will walk away."

"Hahaha,"
Alysteer once again laughed, "you're right about! I haven't seen many people walk away on their own two.. or four... legs when they have a run-in with Moochelle. But I tell ya what, my new little purple friend, I don't mind sending you to your own funeral." This was it, Vengador was finally getting somewhere. "But... I have some bad news."

What's this? Bad news? "What do you mean?"

"She's not here."

"Then where is she? Take me to her!"

"I'm afraid I can't do that. Because she's not in this realm. But someone like you should have no problem finding your way to her. She's crossed over to the Earth Realm. There's a competition there that she took a high interest in. Something called Ground Zero. If you want to find Moochelle, that's where you need to go."

That's all he needed to know. Ground Zero. If Moochelle was there... so were the answers he was looking for.

greybar.png

The Year of 002023 - March

Professional wrestling? So this is what Ground Zero was all about? Vengador was no stranger to fighting and many realms he had visited certainly had its version of competitive fisticuffs. He had partaken in many a battle or tournament during his journey, usually to gather intel. So this was not new to him.

It was this info that actually helped Vengador pick up a win in the opening battle royal of the competition. Winner takes all fits his mentality quite well.

But it was Moochelle he was after.

On the second episode, Moochelle was preparing to partake in an Elimination match to close out the night, she didn't expect a visitor that night. "We need to talk."

Moochelle stopped in her tracks, turning to face Vengador. "Oh, it's you. What do you want, buttercup?"

"Answers."

"Aren't we all? But what is the question? Now that's the question."

"I don't have time for riddles."

"Oh, buttercup, neither do I. And my patience is growing quite thin, I'm afraid."

"Where is he?"

Moochelle sighed with exasperation, clearly frustrated by this whole exchange. "Who? There's a lot of he's in this thing."

"Don't play dumb with me. Here, maybe this will help,"
Vendagor reached up and unstrapped the back of his mask, pulling it off as the angle changed so we can only see Vengador's back. His face was now fully exposed to Moochelle but not the viewer.

"Oh God, put it back on. Please."

"Don't you recognize this face? Or perhaps my brother's face? The one you killed!"

"Killed? Hahaha, you think I killed your brother?"

"I know what you are capable of... La Vaca De La Muerte. Don't play coy with me."

Moochelle grinned, "you do, do you? Then I suggest you think very carefully about your accusations."

"The Realm of Despair. You went there and you murdered my brother. My justice will be swift, but painful."

"Land of Despair, you say? Never been there, myself. Sounds absolutely lovely though."

"LIES!"

"Look, buttercup. If I killed your brother, I'd tell you. And then I'd just kill you too. That's the simple truth. But we have similar goals, I must say. Because the person you are after... I have no doubts is someone I've come here for as well... someone the Herd has identified as a threat and I need to eliminate. The type of person who no doubt would spend a lot of time hanging out in the Realm of Despair."

"Common enemy? But you don't know who it is?"

"Not yet, but I will find out. Perhaps we can join forces. Two heads are better than one. Or so they say."

Join forces? With someone like her? Vengador knew better. He slid his mask back on and laced it back up as he nodded his head. Moochelle turned her back to Vengador as he retrieved the cane strapped to the side of his leg, previously obscured by his purple cape. He reared back and drove the cane into the back of Moochelle's head, catching her off guard as she dropped to the ground. Vengador pressed the cane down across Moochelle's throat. "I'm afraid you are useless to me." He continued to violently choke Moochelle, the leader of the Herd struggling against Vengador's surprising brute strength. Her eyes started to roll toward the back of her head...

"Hey! Get off her!" a voice was heard in the background, one of the backstage officials no doubt. Vengador released the choke and dashed out of sight. The damage had been done to Moochelle however, as the attack from Vengador had left her weakened for her Elimination Match later that night, and she was sent back to the Farmlands empty-handed.

greybar.png

The Year of 002023 - April

El Vengador was now in the same position. Eliminated and heading home empty-handed.

No, he refused to do that.

He had thought the Trash Mammal was the man he was looking for. But he quickly realized that he was just a joke. Petty thief at best. But not a murderer.

But who was left? Each of the four men left... felt like the kind of person capable of it.

Halloween Knight... man despicable enough to eliminate his own so-called friend from the competition.

LaVonny Toner.. a man with perhaps an even more mysterious lore than Vengador himself. A man Vengador had teamed up with at one point during the competition but definitely not a man he considers he trusts.

And then there was TYLER... the man who eliminated Vengador. Honestly, he was probably the least likely... but Vengador wouldn't mind crushing every bone in his body anyway just as payback for his little surprise, fluke win.

"I know what you're thinking..."

What's this? Another voice joining Vengador in the rafters?

"You want a second chance, don't you?"

Vengador looked down at the ring. He simply nodded.

"Perhaps... perhaps we can make that happen..."

Vengador smiled from under his mask.

Justicia would be his.​

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
(the following promo is posted on behalf of dustin on behalf of gipper on behalf of dustin...)

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
SUNDAY
04/09/2023

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

The sound of the ring exploding, containing the two people he was closest to in this world, echoed through the small makeshift apartment. Then a small mechanical whir emanates from the ancient machine sitting atop the coffee table under the large screen hung from the wall.

BOOOOOOOOO-

The explosion once again travels through the apartment in the form of soundwaves, but is cut off halfway through. The masked man had pressed pause on the VCR in front of him, leaving the screen frozen in an unstable glow of the peak of the explosion. The bright light of the explosion now illuminated the British luchador’s face, to the point that it hid the details of his face nearly as well as his mask typically did.

TYLER sat and stared at the screen. Or rather, he studied it, an annoying but useful trait he picked up from his best friend Reagan Cole. This time however, it was Cole who he was attempting to study. Between the blinding light of the paused explosion and the VCR static lines, he desperately looked for some sign that his friends were ok. His eyes scanned the screen as he continued to press the pause button repeatedly, but even going frame by frame he could hardly distinguish one low resolution cluster of colors from another in between the smoke now filling the air, let alone find out the status of Jeffry or Reagan in the desert in the middle of nowhere.

The room suddenly goes from blinding to near pitch black, with only a few dimly colored lights emitting their glow from various sleeping electronics in the small room. TYLER pulled his phone from his pocket and pressed the button to unlock the screen. He pressed the green phone icon, bringing up a list of his recent calls. In the past several hours since King of the Deathmatch where the explosion took place, the screen showed that nearly a dozen outgoing calls had been made, alternating between “Jeffry” and “Reagan”, the last one being to Reagan. He pressed the other green phone icon next to Jeffry’s name and put the phone up to his ear.

“You’ve reached Jeff. Leave a message and I’ll get back to you eventually. Unless I’m dead or something. Later.”

Straight to voicemail. Even after hearing it 5 times already tonight, the haunting last line still sent a shiver down TYLER’s spine, despite figuring it’d probably been the only voicemail greeting that Jeffry had ever bothered to record.

The tone at the end of the message finally beeped.

“Hey Jeffry, it’s uh… it’s TY. I know you hate phone calls but I’m just really worried. I need to know that you guys are alright, so um… just shoot me a quick text or something when you have the chance and let me know please. Uh, bye.”

He hits the red phone icon and returns the phone to his jeans. Jeff and Reag have got to be alright or else he would have heard something by now, right? Surely at least Sarah would’ve let him know if there was any unfortunate update, despite them not having talked much recently.

“That could have been me.”

The thought had lingered in the back of his mind for hours, mostly hidden by the worries about Jeff and Reag, but ever present regardless.

“That SHOULD have been me.”

This thought was an even more terrifying one, as it added guilt to the cocktail of fear and sadness already poured by the previous thought. If only he had never told Jeffry of what he experienced at the cave in the cabin, TYLER would have gone ahead with the original plan of himself being in King of the Deathmatch. Instead, Jeffry entered and got blown up in the finals while TYLER sat helplessly at home watching on TV. It was all his fault.

Not able to shake this guilt, TYLER leans forward from his cross legged seat on the black and white area rug and hits EJECT on the VCR. He places the “KODM” tape on the table to the left of the machine, and replaces it with one labeled “GZ.” He turns the TV back on and hits play, needing something to keep his mind occupied while waiting to hear from Reag or Jeff.

His focus shifts to where he last left off on the tape. It was in the middle of the main event of Episode 4 of Ground Zero, featuring both of his opponents he would be facing in the finals. He had been studying it earlier in the day before King of the Deathmatch Stage 2. Before, he watched intently and took notes of everything, from how powerful of a team LaVonny Toner and El Vengador were in that match, to how Halloween Knight utilized a chair-based kick almost identical to the one TYLER had defeated Lone Shark with earlier that same episode. But now, the match served as nothing more than a flashing distraction from his racing mind.

Suddenly, his phone in his pocket vibrated a single buzz. It was probably nothing, just some stupid game notification. Or maybe he just imagined it vibrated, as people often tend to do when they are awaiting important news. Still though, he needed to check, just in case. He unlocked the phone and… could it be? YES! In typical Jeffry fashion, the large wall of text which took up more than the single screen came up on the phone’s display.

*hey dude, i’m alright. at the hospital with reag. he’ll be fine eventually, i’ve seen worse. fucking charger broke and i’m in the middle of this desert so i don’t have much battery. quit worrying about us though. you need to focus on your match. toner and the skeleton dude will be more challenging than you think. but if you do your studying and you remember everything i taught you when we were training last week for king of deathmatch, you’ve got this for sure. i believe in you man. phone will be dead soon, but i’ll see you in a week or so when i’m there to watch you win ground zero. take it easy bud.*

“Thank fuck they’re alright” he thought. And now he knew exactly what he had to do. He was going to make his deathmatch dad proud. LaVonny and Halloween Knight were the only ones standing in his way now, but TYLER was laser focused on them both now. There was no way he was letting himself lose this.

In his mind, the glass filled with the guilt, sadness, and fear was lifted and smashed against a wall, sending jagged glass splinters and emotions all over the place. In its place now stood a glass bottle similar to Crown Royal, filled with a dark amber liquid. The only emotion TYLER was going to need for this match was the one Jeffry himself had gifted him: 200 proof finely aged bloodlusT.​

Doc Sulliday

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
XifccX1
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Favorite Sports Team
OEOhb9u
Alright the promo window came to a close a few hours ago.

@Jazz Wolf and @SupineSnake have graciously volunteered to help me grade promos, so between the three of us we will have a winner chosen. And that winner will be revealed on the April 19th episode of Ground Zero.

Thanks all for participating.

Reactions: The ScapeDubb

Doc Sulliday

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
XifccX1
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Favorite Sports Team
OEOhb9u
Quick little episode to hold you over until April 19th's finale.

@Princess Rosé
@Jimmy King
@Gacy
@AON
@The Gipper
@Mitch Buchannon
@Dubble J
@Mandalorian
@Jazz Wolf
@weaselperson

Episode 9 will be next week and will reveal the WINNER of Ground Zero Season 4.

JQAZUgvMdSdIW7dHQKeUvmrlCbdUheXQj-aGNQdWTF2wM-ArSrcgFlfj8qCtFWqRTpYoWTgXgtxaEYQF9Tst3Bi3wz0C3xJC7qWrEA6yj_V6CKuAG9FfDLPEDGPtkoSZsQ5WZEsqP7RN9h4efBEzic0

Episode 8: El Toreno
Live from Monumental Plaza de Toros in Tiajuna, Mexico
Wednesday, April 12th, 2023

1681565653141.png

The cameras open up with a shot of the Monumental Plaza in Tijuana, Mexico. The crowd of thousands is hyped as we have one more episode of Ground Zero before reaching our finale.

Ty Johnson: Welcome to Ground Zero!

Daiquan Andrews: And it's a welcome indeed, I thought we weren't meeting again till the 19th in Mexico City.

Ty Johnson: I thought that too, but it turned out Ground Zero Owner and Host Saint Sully decided to add one more episode to the show. You can call it 7.5 or you can call it Episode 8, but we have one more before the finale...which I guess is now Episode 9.

Daiquan Andrews: So what is this show about Ty?

Ty Johnson: The stakes have NEVER BEEN HIGHER, because we're having a tournament tonight. A tournament of all the past eliminated participants of Ground Zero.

Daiquan Andrews: Oh, here we GO. That's what I'm talking about, I'ma enter it...

Ty Johnson: Uh...Daiquan, I think only Ground Zero Season 4 contestants are eligable.

Daiquan Andrews: AW SON OF A BITCH.

Ty Johnson: I know, I'm sorry Daiquan.

Daiquan Andrews: I didn't want to participate in this dumb tournament anyway.

Ty Johnson: Smart choice, Ty. The competition level for this season has been incredibly high. Anyone could come out of this thing and win it.

Daiquan Andrews: Is there seeding? What's the seeding like?

Ty Johnson: Yes, seeding is based on the order of elimination. The last eliminated is the highest seed, while the first eliminated is the lowest. And, because there's 15 participants in this one, the last one to be eliminated actually gets a bye...and that's Hemmlock!

Daiquan Andrews: Is it just me, or is Saint Sully constantly giving Hemmlock all kinds of breaks. We know who his favorite is!

Ty Johnson: It definitely isn't me.

Daiquan Andrews: Naw, you're right there.

Ty Johnson: Anyway, let's get this baby started.

The Ground Zero Season 4 Returnee Tournament
Winner will get a spot in the finale

1681564985201.png

Tournament Winner: El Vengador

Following his defeat of Taboo, El Vengador celebrates triumphantly in the ring. He marches around Taboo who he just defeated, and boasts at the fans.

Ty Johnson: El Vengador has done it! The number 3 seed in this tournament, he went all the way and will be back in contention to win this whole damn thing.

Daiquan Andrews: That Vengador is the El Vengador we saw at the beginning of this tournament. He turned it back on, and he looked angrier and tougher than ever.

Ty Johnson: And he'll be going onto the finale, where he will compete against Halloween Knight, TYLER, and his Team Vamprya teammate LaVonny Toner.

Daiquan Andrews: I can't wait!

Ty Johnson: We will see you all NEXT WEEK in Mexico City!

The last shot we see is of El Vengador standing dominantly in the ring...waiting for his chance to win the whole show in just one week.

Attachments

• 1681564665426.png
    1681564665426.png
    121.5 KB · Views: 17

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
A grand conspiracy against Taboo!

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Hey he had a really good run in the tournament

Must have been anti-owl bias. At least Hooty is still his friend!

AON

Sup.
Reaction score
NO ONE GIVES A HOOT

Eh?

Eh?