Greatest Game of All Time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Red Dead Redemption is pretty great too, yeah.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
final fantasy 3 (6) Shenmue, psov2 Ocarina of time or Super mario world. Toejam and earl & Might and magic Gates to another world are runnerups. All dank games.
Toejam and Earl was fucking incredible, haven't played it for years. I just remember jumping out of the world over and over but that's it really, really should buy it back.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

TheJoker

Jobber
Reaction score
Out of all the games I've played all the way from the PS1/N64 days The Last of Us recently trumped all of 'em and is my personal favorite game of all time so far, but judging by my thread about the game only a few members have played it. Seriously, if you don't own a PS3 for it then buy one so as to not miss out on it and stuff like the GoW and Uncharted games, or just borrow from a friend.

Also if Asylum is there then you might as well put Arkham City.

And speaking of God of War I think you shouldn't leave it out too, in particular GoW2.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Toejam and Earl was fucking incredible, haven't played it for years. I just remember jumping out of the world over and over but that's it really, really should buy it back.
its on psn for your ps3, pc emulators, xbox, or worth buying for real. A few of us all get together and play it a few times a year. Such a fun way to waste 3-4 hours.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
its on psn for your ps3, pc emulators, xbox, or worth buying for real. A few of us all get together and play it a few times a year. Such a fun way to waste 3-4 hours.
Just went and watched the intro to it, the feels are flooding in, I remember I always made my brother be player 1 so I could play as Earl, tomorrow I'm definitely looking it up on xbox.

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
not even gonna consider any SMT games ?, pretty awesome stuff and pretty hardcore as well, check out SMT Nocturne (or Lucifers Call in the uk) for one of the most unforgiving time sinks ever, and yeah damn you come bcak to play a lot, for me it's been a bigger time sink than FFVII or FFX

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Just went and watched the intro to it, the feels are flooding in, I remember I always made my brother be player 1 so I could play as Earl, tomorrow I'm definitely looking it up on xbox.
draidsjonhsn is my tag, add me. Ill play.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
not even gonna consider any SMT games ?, pretty awesome stuff and pretty hardcore as well, check out SMT Nocturne (or Lucifers Call in the uk) for one of the most unforgiving time sinks ever, and yeah damn you come bcak to play a lot, for me it's been a bigger time sink than FFVII or FFX
will never take you serious with that avatar.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Played some Super Mario World earlier (the All-Stars version, fuck palette swap Luigi), fantastic game. Same with Super Mario Bros. 3, glad to see them already getting a shout. Granted I've enjoyed most games mentioned so far that I've also played. Banjo Koozie was awesome, and so was Toejam & Earl. Was really disappointed when I bought the second Toejam & Earl game on the Virtual Console, not sure what they were thinking when they made that sequel.

Also, since Melee and DKC2 were mentioned, I'll just throw out that I personally though Brawl and the first game are the best out of the series. Donkey Kong Country 3 is pretty good too but nowhere near the caliber of the first two; same with the original Smash game except that was the first in the series so it's no disappointment. Oh, and since it's similar, glad Majora's Mask got the nod over Ocarina of Time, both are great but I always liked Majora's Mask better.

Finally, before I begin listing games, I have to say it's quite a shame I've just started a bunch of them recently and thus don't feel right recommending them. Both Chrono Trigger & Earthbound both could very well wind up as two of my all-time favorites (Chrono Trigger seems more likely at this point). Either way, I'll just go ahead and start my list of favorite games . . .

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles (technically requires two games to get to work but were meant be the same game and most Sonic collection games include Sonic 3 & Knuckles as a game, however if it's not going to count because of that, I'll go with Sonic the Hedgehog 2 [which I like better but is "objectively" inferior])
Mario Kart 64
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Soul Calibur III
Star Wars: Battlefront II
Heavy Rain
Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten
Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht
Smackdown Vs. Raw 2006
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3

Left off quite a few because I was trying to be more objective than just pure subjective even though that didn't stop me for putting some on most people probably wouldn't agree be on there. But for example, I love WWE Day of Reckoning 2, it's my favorite wrestling game ever with the original as a very close second. However, outside of having a somewhat interesting story (2 game only), it doesn't have much to offer outside of it's gameplay (which is incredible). Enough for me, but objectively a game needs more. Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 is a better choice, as it's probably the best wrestling game. Commentary that doesn't repeat during a match, fun/great gameplay with actually some difficulty and two counts (WWE '13), plenty of different match types (though DoR2 does have a fatal four way Last Man Standing match which is fun as hell), plenty of different game modes, etc. So stuff like that.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Star wars battlefront 1