Goldust

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Just found it weird how he was refered as Dustin Rhodes last week on Smackdown and came without the facepaint...

I guess if he's on Smackdown's tapings tonight (Friday Smackdown) perhaps we might see then.

I want BookerDust to go for Tag Golds and put credibility in the tag division tbh.

Deuce

Reaction score
I don't want to see that happen again, yes they had great comedy but they were boring in the ring.... might be just my opinion but I don't remember one of their tag matches that I enjoyed. Dustin Rhodes could become a bigger name than Goldust though, you never know.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Getting Dusty involved in this program would be great, hell even the role of special referee would be amazing. Dusty having to count to 3 to give his 'bad' son a victory and retire his 'good' son could really work and put Cody and the whole angle over.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
It's a storyline that will keep me interested as hell.

As Dale said, the entire angle could make Rhodes bigger then he already is.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
I fully support this. This could add to Cody's credibility with the classic IC Title. Maybe a similiar thing to Orton could be on the cards when he was Legend Killer. He is facing Book and Goldust after all. Plus, I wanna hear Goldusts theme again XD.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Ellis, you bring up a great point.

Cody's been all about adding prestige to the IC so it could lead to kind of like 'Legend Killer'

Aniking

Reaction score
A feud between Cody Rhodes and Goldust is imminent and it's something that the WWE should give Dustin if this is how he wants to end his career. It's the least they could do for a guy who has given back so much to the company, ignoring the fact he had a brief stint in TNA, something you can't fault him for (although his gimmick there was apparently fucking terrible).

The feud between Rhodes and Booker should segway nicely into one between the Rhodes brothers, but I find myself having trouble picturing it as a good thing for Cody as it'd likely be at Wrestlemania. The feud between Booker isn't finished quite yet, but once it has then the one with Goldust could begin... but should it end at Wrestlemania?

Think about it. Goldust isn't a big draw, and frankly if he was to put his career on the line at Wrestlemania, I think it'd be easily overshadowed by this possibly being Undertaker's final appearance, but also close to the end for Triple H. That wouldn't be good for Cody either, and frankly it would be a step back for him when he should possibly be the one winning the Money in the Bank Ladder match (if they have one). It's like with Dolph Ziggler at last year's Wrestlemania being placed in that mixed tag team match. It did nothing for him, and really it began to spell the end for Morrison too.

Don't get me wrong, I do wanna see this feud happen, even if it means Cody once again doesn't have a legitimate title contender, but having it happen at Wrestlemania wouldn't be a good idea. Problem is, where else would could it take place and not make it seem like a fill-in feud? To me it'd have to happen at the Royal Rumble as this thing with Booker seems like it's basically done, something that COULD be confirmed on Smackdown. You can rule out it happening at the Elimination Chamber as Cody will almost certainly be involved in the Smackdown Chamber match, leaving Wrestlemania where he should be involved in a match that outlines his credentials of becoming World Champion in 2012.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Aniking, while valid points one to thing to consider if Cody retires Dustin at Mania is that it would give Cody a 'WrestleMania moment' this early in his career by retiring his brother on the grandest stage of all. Also, imagine at the end of the match if they did a HBK/Jericho and Cody nailed Goldust after it looked like they were going to embrace...

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'd really love to see it, should happen.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Other than the fact Michaels had won that match, I agree.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It all depends on who is going to be in the World title match at WM28. If Cody Rhodes isn't going to be in there then this would be the next best option for him. It would be a high profile match, especially if it has the retirement stipulation attached and to be honest without MITB at WM anymore there isn't too many options for these upper midcarders to make themselves stand out on the card. Plus I can't really find a good face contender for Rhodes IC title so this would probably be best and would give him more exposure.

Isabellas2007

Reaction score
The persona he built as Golddust was great! I personally never really liked him and loved watching him take a beating, but it is a great feature for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.