GOLDBERG!.... GOLDBERG!..... GOLDBERG!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

newmie

Reaction score
The following is a recent tweet from the official Twitter page of Bill Goldberg:

"Yes, I am in negotiations with the WWE. Looks like ole Hogan and TNA missed the boat. Shame for the fans they didn't even try. Anyone got any issues on the TNA side I suggest you bring it up with them. Truth is I never thought I'd even consider it...then came my son. No one said I'd wrestle but the door is open to again."

Source: Wrestlezone.com

well hopefully this is true, i'd love to see Goldberg back in the WWE, he would suit there PG-TV just cause he was never controversal, just an awesome face kids can get behind... plus is awesome! Hopefully he does come back and wrestle, at least short term.

Reaction score
Uhh...Not sure what to think really. His last run sucked a fatty arbuckle and he surely put wrestling in his rear view and that was the end of it.

If he's given a good wrestler to feud with it may have a chance. Then again, who better to work with than The Rock? That still failed.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Sounds good to me. I don't think Goldbergs last run was that much of a failure, he was decent in the ring and had a couple pretty good feuds. I can't see him coming back on a full time schedule though which I would like because he could help get these young guys over. Instead we will probably see him come in probably for some Hall of Fame/DVD type deal where he spears a couple guys and goes home. But id love to see him help out Sheamus or Miz or someone.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Goldberg's last WWE sting sucked ass. I didn't watch WcW but friends were telling me how great Goldberg was. I didn't see that in the E. I had to go watch some old WcW to see what they were talking about.

Besides, Batista toke his spot so yeah.

Airfixx

Batista took his job.

^^^TOTALLY.

...And P-L-E-A-S-E no-one suggest the pair of them facing off.

Can't think of anyone i'd particularly like to see him face and he would appear to be doing it for the money (see comment about the arrival of his son) so "meh".......

...and it's COULD NOT care less, not COULDN'T.

That's the same damn thing, 'smart'-ass!

Reaction score
Goldberg = The Andrew Dice Clay of wrestling.

He still thinks he can draw after all this time.

Sad thing is, when they bring him back, he'll be booked as to BURY everyone.

Fuck this shit.

Wordlife

Goldberg was pretty damn good in WWE, I know a lot of you aren't big fans of him when he had his stint with the WWE, but I for one enjoyed it. Maybe it'll be a start of something new.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Goldberg's last WWE sting sucked ass. I didn't watch WcW but friends were telling me how great Goldberg was. I didn't see that in the E. I had to go watch some old WcW to see what they were talking about.

Besides, Batista toke his spot so yeah.
If you like newbyes squashing an entire roster in a year or so..

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Yeah I don't get what all the hate for Goldberg is about. His time in WWE honestly wasn't as bad as you guys are making it out to be. He had solid feuds/matches with The Rock, Triple H as well as the rest of Evolution and that was throughout the span of only a few months, I mean if given more time imagine what he could of done with guys like Taker, Cena, Jericho, etc.

I'm not saying that he is the best ever or anything like that. I'm just saying he is a big name and isn't really that bad in the ring. He could definately contribute something if he were to come back but mostly if he worked with the up and coming talent as he is a big name who could help build up a young guy, but he would have to take a couple jobs, and idk if he's the type who will refuse to do so.

xtremebadass

I am officially getting excited. I loved Goldberg's WWE run, wasn't watching wrestling to see his WCW run, but I would imagine it was awesome since people say it was like 1000x better than his WWE run.

Hopefully he can have one more match at WM27, but I have no idea who his opponent could be...BRET FUCKING HART.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
see but goldberg was Cena before Cena was even around and even worse Goldberg couldn't lose at all or he lost all credibility unless its in a cheap way ala the nash stun gun thing.