GOLDBERG!.... GOLDBERG!..... GOLDBERG!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yeah I don't get what all the hate for Goldberg is about. His time in WWE honestly wasn't as bad as you guys are making it out to be. He had solid feuds/matches with The Rock, Triple H as well as the rest of Evolution and that was throughout the span of only a few months, I mean if given more time imagine what he could of done with guys like Taker, Cena, Jericho, etc.

I'm not saying that he is the best ever or anything like that. I'm just saying he is a big name and isn't really that bad in the ring. He could definately contribute something if he were to come back but mostly if he worked with the up and coming talent as he is a big name who could help build up a young guy, but he would have to take a couple jobs, and idk if he's the type who will refuse to do so.

Goldberg is by far one of the worst wrestlers ever. He has a great presence and that is it. The guy has no charisma and almost no wrestling skills and he has proven himself at times to be unsafe in the ring. Even more telling was the amount of time he spent wrestling without learning anything. He never got better, he just stagnated as a performer. The guy was a one trick pony and I seriously doubt that the 6 year hiatus that he has taken from wrestling has helped what little skill he had in the first place.

see but goldberg was Cena before Cena was even around and even worse Goldberg couldn't lose at all or he lost all credibility unless its in a cheap way ala the nash stun gun thing.

Oh God. Cena is ten times the performer that Goldberg is.

Reaction score
All you kids that are giving Goldberg the benefit of the doubt were too young to remember "the streak" in WCW that made him so "good". It consisted of squashing an entire undercard of Disco Inferno's, Jeventud Guerreras, La Parka's, The Cat and other jobbers.

If Goldberg comes back, say goodbye to promising young talent like Dolph Ziggler, Evan Bourne, Morrison, Miz, Rhodes and Dibiase getting a push.

LKP

Mixed feelings on this one for me really. On one hand its nice to have some one the caliber of GOLDBERG. But on the other hand how old is he now? Plus booking has changed since 2003-04, so who knows what goldberg we will see now.

Marvel26

Reaction score
Do people expect him to come back as a full time roster member? He hasnt been in the ring for what, 5 years?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
If anything I would assume some kind of special attraction match next year at WM 27 along with an HoF induction. Maybe have him return around November - January and build it from there.

LKP

Id say sooner than November. Hell summerslam would be cool. Take out taker.

The Rated R CMStar

My God people, you really like to take things way out of proportion. Apparently Goldberg coming back next year for one single match at Wrestlemania will be the single thing to stop the push of about 10 guys, or that is according to you.

Goldberg will come back and will either face a big, established heel (Batista takes my money) or they give us Cena vs Goldberg for the first time ever, or they have Goldberg go over an up and coming heel who will benefit just from being in a high profile feud at Wrestlemania.

Is just like Bret Hart's deal this year. He came back and is in a high profile match at Mania. I dont see how that stopped the push of all those young promising guys

Reaction score
My God people, you really like to take things way out of proportion. Apparently Goldberg coming back next year for one single match at Wrestlemania will be the single thing to stop the push of about 10 guys, or that is according to you.

Goldberg will come back and will either face a big, established heel (Batista takes my money) or they give us Cena vs Goldberg for the first time ever, or they have Goldberg go over an up and coming heel who will benefit just from being in a high profile feud at Wrestlemania.

Is just like Bret Hart's deal this year. He came back and is in a high profile match at Mania. I dont see how that stopped the push of all those young promising guys

That's the thing though..His one shit return match isn't NEEDED by anyone. Him returning for one match does nothing but cocktease the Goldberg fanboys and takes up a match slot at 'Mania from another set of up and comers that could benefit from having that match slot.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
This return could be like when The Warrior returned for that horrible match against Hogan in WCW. I mean is Goldberg even in shape to perform again? I remember seeing him train with Kimbo for some program he was gassed out couple minutes into it.

The Rated R CMStar

That's the thing though..His one shit return match isn't NEEDED by anyone. Him returning for one match does nothing but cocktease the Goldberg fanboys and takes up a match slot at 'Mania from another set of up and comers that could benefit from having that match slot.

Yeah, it really isn't needed, however, it would be a huge plus, especially when you take into account, gasp, that he might be inducted into the Hall of Fame and WWE wanting to go with a WCW theme for next Wrestlemania in Atlanta. Anytime a main eventer from the past that doesnt have his character completely burnt out and still can go comes back for one match, it's good to have as a nice side attraction. Let's not fool ourselves, it isn't as if the slot given to the Goldberg match was going to be given to Evan Bourne vs Jack Swagger

Now, if he does come back for more than one match, that's a whole different animal and I would in fact be against it.

xtremebadass

Only guys I can see somewhat making sense as Goldberg's opponent at Mania are Triple H, Jericho, Undertaker, or Orton.

As much as I would freak out at the idea of Cena vs. Goldberg, I don't see it making any sense at all, but then again WWE has the power to do anything.