GM Angle

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Well the normal people that voice opinions have voted McHenry in the lead. Even if he's not we need to plan this a bit.

As I stated we should perhaps have someone pick up the contract Phoenix dropped claim to be in charge. Then the actual winner of the vote have a match with that person for "control". After the match it will then be revealed that yada yada yada Stocks new owner. I've been thinking about the whole parntering with Vycious I don't think we should do it right out of the gate.

Two Reasons if we have people vote on it and then we switch it up they may get upset. The other if John is this ACW ACW ACW anti PWA he's been borderline during his firing but people are still connecting him to ACW more than anything so if he's this guy why would he then Align with PWA after gaining power. If we can figure these two things out I'm all for it. But it may be easier to figure out a bit further down the line. Just a thought

But we do need to decide what we're doing before the show.

Pete

Reaction score
That makes sense. But in that case how bout a GM feud?

Vycious wants to take over, or partner with John, John says no, fuck you, this is ACW, they have a match, winner gets the company (we could work it so that you would win) or they agree to partner up at the end of that feud. Or something.

The_King

Reaction score
^I like both ideas, but here's where I could foresee a few problems. First, you need to write matches to keep the feud going, and as much as I am on board for storylines, I think the match writer's time might be better served trying to pump up the newer guys (Banks, Asterisk, Heath, Multiplex, White, etc). Instead of pushing a GM feud, I think we should consider focusing more on pushing these guys, and I noticed the wheels are already in that direction (Banks v. Black, Heath v. Vance, etc.). However, we still have a few guys to cover.
I'd push for having McHenry just walk into the ring and grab the contract. Sign it and take power. Yeah, I know it sounds really dumb haha, but we could try to spin it as this: Phoenix was passionate but unorganized and over her head (don't want to make Slim's character look bad, but it would at least carry things along). That's the exact reason she couldn't keep PWA out. McHenry snatches up the contract, takes charge, and mounts a new offense against PWA, a more organized and more successful one. He organizes his troops, plans out his attacks, and reduces Bronko/King/Vycious to wrestler status, pushing his ACW guys.
With that, we could address the issue of PWA taking over ACW behind the scenes by giving Mr. ACW McHenry the reigns and pushing ACW directly in their faces, winning guys like Andrew/Chriss/KIF back possibly. On top of that, we could maybe even consider using some of the newer guys as people McHenry brings in to fight off Bronko's crew to give them some spotlight.
Just some thoughts haha (a little overly detailed lol). I'm cool rolling with whatever though!

Pete

Reaction score
I don't want Vycious full time wrestling. He either stays in management, or vanishes after this storyline (either to become 'just an investor' or just flat-out gone).

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
vycious could be the mouth piece for the PWA side of things for a bit. this also takes the angle in the direction of lasting more then one ppv again.

we could open the show with vycious headed down to the ring to sign the contract and McHenry either attacking from behind or just running past him picks it up and signs

then vycious and McHenry are feuding without actually having a match until maybe a survivor series type of match (or any other type) a one off for final control PWA or ACW not a riot act but at the ppv after it.

Pete

Reaction score
Exactly! I was thinking the exact same thing about prolonging the angle.

I am going to work it thusly: next show we'll have two promos. First is Vycious breaking loose from Claressa, second is him coming down to the ring and campaigning, offering his services, etc. and saying he won't change ACW to PWA because he figured it was wrong (this way if we decide to partner them, there's no bad blood). McHenry then comes down to the ring and says that's all well and good, but he's Mr. ACW so HE should take control of the company.

They go back and forth, maybe they decide to have a little friendly competition of some sort, and then yeah, they eventually face each other for control. If we decide to partner them, we run interference or state we won't be fighting. If we decide that McHenry is sole GM, then we work it so that you win.

This will keep people entertained and guessing, and will eventually introduce the new management.

BDC

Reaction score
If we're prolonging the angle, both Vych and Bronko have to stay on board PWA.

Ok, Pheonix walks out leaving a contract for control of the company. There is a scuffle for it. Vych ends up with and realizes he has control of the company in his hands. Hesitates and either gets blindsided by McHenry or JMac just grabs the clipboard and runs through the audience..end of scene.

The ACW ELITE: SYN, ALEXANDER, SNOW...maybe meet about their misgivings about McHenry taking over...or I can have them pm me an interview concerning it. We can play those through the night.

The PWA behind the money of Vych is threatening legal action to determine the ownership in a more 'equitable' way.

McHenry ends the night with a promo before his match...with a chain with the PWA and even some of the ACW guys...

OK:

Zack Bronko vs SLims guy becomes Zack Bronko vs McHenry not sure the stip there...

Jacqui and Raiden Blaze can jump on board the McHenry band wagon and we can still have Jacqui vs Hellcat and Vych vs Raiden

that gives us at least PWA vs McHenry matches at RIOT ACT!
see http://wrestlingsmarks.com/forums/t24257-5/#post211900 for more details

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Sounds good BDC

As far as him taking control here's what I though we could have different people head to the ring vyc Martin Mays Claressa all kinds of people casually walking down as if to look at the contract then they start sprinting running Finally someone gets to it and shock it's already been signed by McHenry who had the bright idea to do it off camera so that he'd be first? goes back to the doing evil to accomplish good though not too evil.

From there we go to BDCs stuff

Then to Petes stuff with the back and forth from vyc who would have acted the least shocked by McHenry's having signed it.

BDC

Reaction score
cool with the pre signing. I don't think there are any continuity probs there...then my stuff to when Vych realizes it's already signed..he says so and Kaching...Pink Floyd Money

Yeah, I like.

Will we announce this at the beginning of the show? If so, have Henry come out and announce it, then we chain with SYN, Claressa and whoever else needs to be involved.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I'll right something that I think fits this and then we can see what we think of it?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
[video=youtube;zUvuXXbMwq8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUvuXXbMwq8[/video] Plays to open the show.

It's utter pandemonium around the ring as the cameras catch the ACW Owner, Phoenix, storming to the ring. Everybody stops as she slides into the ring. The music slows to the point that it becomes one long note.

Phoenix gets a mic: Ya Know what? Fuck all of you! I really don't care who runs this psycho circus anymore! Here's the contract...whoever wants it can have it!

She drops the clipboard in the middle of the ring with a thundering boom the earth shakes. After a sigh and an angry tear, she turns and walks away.

The camera cuts to a closeup of the clipboard with the contract as it fades to black!

345km8p.jpg

Disturbed “Down with the Sickness” plays throughout the arena as the pyro goes off through the arena. The camera pans across all the fans going wild in the arena ready for some action then towards the contract in the ring. Just as the contract draws near we see Kareem Ali sitting along at ringside.

Kareem Ali: Not sure where Martin Mays…

Martin Mays comes out to his music looking down the ramp.

Kareem Ali: Here he comes now we’ve got a great…

All the lights go out and Creepy Music plays. Multiplex appears on stage with a massive explosion and he starts talking to himself. Mays turns around a bit startled.

Kareem Ali: Folks I’m not quite…

Claressa walks out without any fanfare Mays and Multiplex both look a bit confused as Vycious walks out almost immediately behind her.

The four of them look at each other then towards the ring realizing they all had the same plan in mind they all begin walking towards the ring acting casual. Then they begin to sprint. Multiplex stops halfway down the ramp arguing with himself. The other three speed up. Martin mays falls in front of Claressa and the two go down.

Kareem Ali: Martin no! I could have had my first raise.

Lord Vycious climbs into the ring pen already in hand as he pick up the contract. He looks down readying his pen. Shock washes over his face.

A Cha Chin geminates from the speakers and the crowd goes nuts. John McHenry steps out onto the ramp in one of his finest business suits. Grinning from ear to ear. He looks down at Lord Vycious giving him a little salute before quietly walking to the back.

WE THEN CUT TO A PROMO FOR A MATCH OR SOMETHING AS I DON’T WANT TO EXPLAIN ALL THESE PEOPLE LEAVING THE RING.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Later on in the show or maybe even wait till the PPV we can have John cut a promo about what he did and how this occured.

The_King

Reaction score
Later on in the show or maybe even wait till the PPV we can have John cut a promo about what he did and how this occured.
'
Liking what you got above! I think we should probably put the promo in on Adrenaline (maybe before the tag match?) to set up the PPV match. If not, it may seem a bit random haha.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
This PPV McHenry isn't really taking on anyone because of the GM angle it's kinda business as usual.

But I could come up with something between now and then. Do we just want to go with he had the foresight to sign it before the show started knowing that that bum rush thing would happen. Or should I play up that the contract in the ring didn't mean anything. Thoughts?