Global Wars/ War of the worlds cards

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
That commentary was pretty awful for tonight. It put me off quite a few of the matches.

Overall, fun show. Shinsuke/Steen, reDragon/Young Bucks, Liger/Cole and Okada/Styles/Elgin were really fun and made the PPV worth the buy. It sucks that they didn't have Tanahashi go up against Cole, but I completely understand why.

ROH is still stuck in their spotfest ways, though. I get the arrogance and cockiness of the Young Bucks to do an unnecessary amount of flips, but why the hell does Lethal do that springboard before the cutter? I used to be a fan of random flips and spotfests, but the more I see them the more I loathe them unless they're REALLY special. More psychology, less kicking out of two after four 450 splash's, 20 superkicks and a top rope brainbuster.

Last edited:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
This happened post PPV on the video feed:

ee4957870d8d6723d823ff661d116a29.jpg

da13552bd094d06f6a1f6bb58a03d103.jpg

39a1a1adef95019ea18f5f8e0e2cb27e.jpg

d22f7469f2c6b7e705d712789eff1e16.jpg

He's coming home. And he's bringing a friend.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Pretty nice showcase for the guys at Global Wars. Good to see ROH really getting some buzz going.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Tanahashi/Bennett was the worst Tanahashi match I have seen. *1/2-** at most.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I rank it at a solid 3.4. Told a good story with the cowardly heel using every shortcut in the book and good guy powering through it to deliver justice. The match told a good story from start to finish and followed Tanahashi's philosophy of proper structure between spots paying off and less being more.

It sticks out from the regular ROH style which is crash and burn, throwing out move after move after move until you only have the kitchen sink left. This match had proper time and spacing between the spots, something both Tana and Bennet understand and apply well since otherwise the crowd gets "fed" too fast.

Just my two cents.

Mr.Perfect

Jobber
Reaction score
It wasn't a horrible match but there were three or four better ones on the card, that's for sure. That tag team title match was easily match of the night in my opinion.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I marked so hard for reDRagon winning the belts again. O'Reilly is a damn beast. By the way, does anyone have a good link to watch Global Wars (Toronto show)? I missed most of it and I can only find a version with audio delay.

Reactions: Roi and Cloud

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Just watched both shows and loved both. Awesome stuff.

An I agree with Leo huge mark out for reDRAgon winning the belts.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
War of the Worlds was quite an awesome show indeed.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
:( only caught a few of the matches to both of these events.
Could someone PM me a serviceable link if there is one?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Finally was able to sit down and watch em both, I was pretty impressed. I hope they made some good business of those two shows because it was definitely worth it, I think I might get the DVDs when they come out.. I'm pretty sure they go up for pre-order soon or may already be up there I'll have to check when I'm not on my phone.

Reactions: Cloud

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Is it me or was it real nice to see a crowd getting really into all the key moments? Think that really helped both PPV's along. Plus with The Ballrooms history was nice to see an event in there for me as it has a great history with ECW.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Finally was able to sit down and watch em both, I was pretty impressed. I hope they made some good business of those two shows because it was definitely worth it, I think I might get the DVDs when they come out.. I'm pretty sure they go up for pre-order soon or may already be up there I'll have to check when I'm not on my phone.
Did your Global Wars link have any sound delay? I missed the first half of the show and I'm dying to watch Bucks vs Hooligans vs Time Splitters but I can't seem to find a fully functional link.