Global Wars/ War of the worlds cards

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Global Wars:
ROH & NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING PRESENT: GLOBAL WARS
SATURDAY, MAY 10TH, 2014
TED REEVE ARENA - TORONTO, ON CANADA

**MATCHES BROUGHT TO YOU BY NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING**

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Jado

The Bullet Club (“The Phenomenal” AJ Styles & “Machine Gun” Karl Anderson) vs IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada & Gedo
Takaaki Watanabe vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin (IWGP Heavyweight Title Contender)

IWGP JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - 3-WAY TAG TEAM MATCH
Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) vs. Time Splitters (KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley) vs. Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) (c)

**On 5/3 in Fukuoka, Japan The Young Bucks will defend the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships against Forever Hooligans. The winners of that match will defending their championships in this three way contest.

**MATCHES BROUGHT TO YOU BY RING OF HONOR WRESTLING**

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Adam Cole defends against “Mr Wrestling” Kevin Steen

ROH TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP - 4 CORNER SURVIVAL
Jay Lethal (c) w/ Truth Martini vs. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Matt Taven vs. “Last Real Man” Silas Young

Also Signed to Appear
Mark & Jay Briscoe
Michael Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis
reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish)
The Decade (Roderick Strong, BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs) w/ Tadarius Thomas
ACH
Cedric Alexander

Ring of Honor Wrestling & New Japan Pro-Wrestling Presents:
GLOBAL WARS
Saturday, May 10th, 2014
Ted Reeve Arena
175 Main Street
Toronto, ON M4E 2W2, Canada
Bell Time – 7:30pm EST

War Of The Worlds:
ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Winner of Adam Cole vs. Kevin Steen from GLOBAL WARS (ROH) vs. Jushin “Thunder” Liger (NJPW)

It will certainly be a historic contest as ROH’s top wrestler defends his World Championship against the legendary Jushin Liger. Will Liger change the international landscape of professional wrestling by becoming the ROH World Champion? Or will Adam Cole/Kevin Steen walk out of New York with the gold and add this huge win to their list of accomplishments?

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
"Rainmaker" Kazuchika Okada vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin (ROH)
**5/3 in Fukuoka, Japan Kazuchika Okada defends the IWGP Heavyweight Championship against AJ Styles. The winner of that match will defend against Michael Elgin on May 17th

Elgin earned his IWGP Heavyweight Championship opportunity by defeated Kevin Steen at Supercard of Honor 8. With Elgin obsessed on winning World Championships, will his New Japan dream finally come true? Or can Okada defend his gold on American soil?

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Champions: The Young Bucks (Bullet Club) vs. reDRagon (ROH)

The Young Bucks shocked fans by capturing the ROH World Tag Championships from reDRagon a few months ago. reDRagon has already earned their championship rematch and looks for redemption against the current IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team and ROH World Tag Team Champion Young Bucks. reDRagon has been ruthless in the ring since losing the gold. Will they get back the championships that they held for the better part of last year? Or will The Young Bucks prove that what happened a few months back was not an upset or fluke?

IWGP WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Champions: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (Bullet Club) vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe (ROH)

The Briscoes are 8 time ROH World Tag Team Champions. Can they add the IWGP World Tag Team Titles to their list of accomplishments? Or will the big man tag team of Anderson and Gallows retain?

ROH WORLD TV CHAMPIONSHIP
Champion: Jay Lethal w/ Truth Martini (ROH) vs. KUSHIDA (NJPW)

Shinsuke Nakamura (NJPW) vs. Kevin Steen or Adam Cole (ROH)

Hiroshi Tanahashi (NJPW) vs. Michael Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis (ROH)

Also Signed to Appear
"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles (ROH)
Gedo & Jado (NJPW)
The Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) (NJPW)
Takaaki Watanabe (NJPW)
The Decade (Roderick Strong, BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs) w/ Adam Page (ROH)
ACH (ROH)
Matt Taven (ROH)
Cedric Alexander (ROH)
Tommaso Ciampa (ROH)
Silas Young (ROH)
Caprice Coleman (ROH)

More matches to be announced in time.

Dat Tanahashi match for war of the worlds:blackshock:

Reactions: Stopspot and Cloud

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Honestly, I kind of expected something like this, but daaaayum, the Toronto fans got screwed hard.

Btw, Scott D'Amore's Border City Wrestling has the five match series against New Japan, and one of the matches is Okada/Sabin.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
You would think with Tanahashi being as large as John Cena in Japan that he would face someone who, I dont know, was actually decent?

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Tana vs Bennett is not what I would call a dream match but damn could he not have faced someone like Ciampa/Fish/Rielly, Lethal etc. I can get why ROH are doing it as they are trying to make him a big deal at the moment but he is below average in the ring and nothing else really stands out about him. At least we get to see Maria :woo:

Also I really am not going to care a lot about the Tana vs Naka tag match they have faced each other so many times this year already. I still am pumped for theses shows and there is some great matches to look foward but I suppose its normal to feel slightly underwhelmed due to the expectations I had and other fans as well for that matter.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
What time is this? 8:30 Eastern? Not sure I can make it, but who knows. And yeah I'd also like to know if streams will be available on watch wrestling or in some other site.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Watched it. Really enjoyed it. It built nicely for the bigger show in New York next week.

Best singles match on the card was either Ced vs Rod or Steen vs Cole, with the title match inching it to the win by the help of the crowd.
Wasn't a bad match on the card. Every match was good.

Bennett has improved so much. Dude gets psychology and match structure. He tells a story.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Bennett still sucks. He has one watchable match and everyone is sucking his dick.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Dude's had plenty of watchable matches. Dude's been on a tare since returning from knee injury.
Watchable is the main word in that sentence. His matches with Steen was good I will give him that and he is willing to take a damn beating. He is a good worker just not a great wrestler.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Dude is real good.

People give him flack because he isn't a Bryan, a Black or a Joe. But dude does not need to be. Dude is almost the only wrestler in ROH that knows how to use psychology and story telling in the ring.

He does that better than 80% of the roster at least.

Forrest OAKADA

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Currently Watching through Global Wars, On Part 2 of the show (after the IWGP Jr Tag Team match).

The Opening Matches were alright, Bennett vs ACH was alright then things picked up with ReDRagon vs Briscoes vs Decade, Cedric vs Strong and Bucks vs Hooligans vs TimeSplitters....Looking forward to watching the second half.

Also, I think Bennett vs Tanahasi will be watchable....Sure, On Paper it doesn't seem appealing but I'm sure they'll put on a good match.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Hmm, where will I be able to watch War of the Worlds after it takes place tonight; I dig the card for the show.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Watching right now. On the opening match. Hammerstein seems in good form.