Global Impact 2011

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C4

I like DVD's that have some backstory with them, commentary and all, something more like a documentary (eg. The Monday Night Wars) and that's a must watch btw.

I have these DVD's thus far;

The Ladder Match
History of the WWE Championship (my favorite.)
The Most Electrifying Man In Sports Entertainment: The Rock
Hell In A Cell
Greatest Hits and Misses, the Mick Foley story.
WrestleMania 2000
WrestleMania 21
Hogan's Ultimate Anthology
The self-destruction of the Ultimate Warrior (best one)

I always order PPV's and never bothered to buy their DVDs.

Evil Austin

I have

No Way Out 2003
History of the Undertaker Tombstone one
Undertaker he buries them alive - FUCKING SHIT but was my first one
Survivor Series 05 with Raw vs. Smackdown
Armageddon 2002
Summerslam 2003
Royal Rumble anthologoy - Aweosomeness

SnackZ

Reaction score
Are we talking truly purchased or owned. I get dvd delivery via a common dvd mailing system and burn each one to make my collection obscene. I have every Mania and Rumble from the Anthologies. I also have WM X8, purchased only for Hogan/Rock. I have every WWE PPV from 2002 to now and once the rest become available on rental from that mailing system I will have those too.

oh yeah - I also have Foleys hits and misses, hogans anthology, flair the ultimate collection

I also have the condemned (dvd and book), see no evil and the marine all autographed by the star of the movie.

xtremebadass

I am going to try remembering all the ones I have...

WrestleMania X-8
Survivor Series 2002
Armageddon 2002
Royal Rumble 2003
WrestleMania XIX
Backlash 2003
Judgment Day 2003
Bad Blood 2003
Vengeance 2003
Summerslam 2003
Unforgiven 2003
Survivor Series 2003
Armageddon 2003
Royal Rumble 2004
WrestleMania XX
WrestleMania 21
WrestleMania 22
WrestleMania 23
WrestleMania XXIV

John Cena: My Life
Mick Foley: Greatest Hits and Misses
The Rock: Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment
Bret Hart: The Best there is, the Best there was, and the Best there ever will be
Shawn Michaels: Heartbreak and Triumph
Triple H: King of Kings
Edge: Decade of Decadence
Stone Cold: The Steve Austin Story
Ladder Match DVD
ECW: Rise and Fall
McMahon: The Vince McMahon story
Hardy Boyz: The Matt and Jeff Hardy Story

TNA Victory Road 2004
TNA Turning Point 2004
TNA Lockdown 2005
TNA 50 Greatest Moments
Enigma: The Best of Jeff Hardy
Phenomenal: The Best of AJ Styles
TNA: The Best of 2007

I think that's it idk lol

Montana

Yea, i watched for a long time before actually buying any videos. Back then i just recorded on black VHS tapes. My first 10 years i probably only bought a couple shows. But in the last year or two I've bought a ton. I think ROH has a lot to do with that. That got me into buying dvd's and it crossed over to wwe/tna (not as much though) If you check out my post on the first page you will see.

Soda Popinski

Reaction score
Wrestling DVD's? WOW - I wasn't aware there were even 1000 available. That is deep. Could you list them all so I can try to get them all? I'd appreciate it.

My list is probably too big to post :). I might even have more than 1,000; I don't know. I was a HUGE ECW fan so I have every TV episode ever. That's about 235 discs right there. I also have all the PPVs and commercial releases. I have lots of WWF and WCW PPVs as well..

JJsGirl

Reaction score
Roddy Piper: Born to Controversy
Triple H: Kings of Kings
Twist of Fate: The Matt & Jeff Hardy Story
Shawn Michaels: Heartbreak & Triumph
Shawn Michaels: Boyhood Dream
McMahon DVD
D Generation X (New & Improved)
D Generation X (Original)
Mick Foley's Greatest Hits & Misses
Tombstone
Undertaker: He Buries Them Alive
Divas Do New York
RVD: One Of A Kind
The Stone Cold Truth
Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guererro Story
Ultimate Ric Flair Collection

Plus I have lots of PPVs on DVD and have just recently started buying TNA DVDs.

C4

The best DVD from my collection would be Ultimate Warrior's self-destruction.

It's awesome.. really.

Beer Money Army

i every WCW PPV, NWA 80's ppvs before it turned to WCW..

numerous ECW shows and ppvs from 1993-2001..

Every WWE ppv except for 2009 ones. (From Judgment day 2002- Armageddon 2008 are all originals)

Every ROH show except for Frontiers of honor 2 2006, 2009 shows, transform, breakout, take no prisoners, bedlam in beantown, tag wars 08, return engangement, a new level, up for grabs, respect is earned 2, battle for supremeacy, vendetta 2, new horizons, fuelling the fire, driven 2008, glory by honor 7, return of 1987, ring of homicide 2, french connection, bound by hate, escalation, rising above 2008, all star extravanagnza 2008, southern hositlity, final battle 2008..

i own every tna monthly ppvs, but not all weekly ppvs in its early years.

TV season sets
Raw 93, 94, 95, 97, 98
Smackdown: 99
TNA Impact 2004
Nitro 95-97

that's nearlly all my list...

Kizza

The American Dream: The Dusty Rhodes Story
The Legacy Of Stone Cold Steve Austin
My Life: John Cena
The Biggest Little Man: Rey Mysterio
Summerslam 03
Self Destruction Of The Ultimate Warrior
Road Warriors: The Life & Death of the Most Dominant Tag-Team in Wrestling History
Jake Roberts: Pick Your Poison
Vengeance 02
The Rise + Fall Of ECW
Survivor Series 2003
The Triumph & Tragedy of World Class Championship Wrestling.

Small, but I haven't watched alot of these really. The DVD's don't hold my attention long enough. I go out of my way to watch the doco's on them though, they're really interesting usually. Hopefully this new job will help me get some more, i'm aiming for about 1 new DVD a week or probably bought off ebay.

Airfixx

^^^^I dig the docu's too (although I'd be lying if I said I didn't DL them all).

Original VHS:

Every PPV between WM1 and Armageddon 2004 + tonnes of docus and comps like Wrestlefest, Supertape etc. (All boxed up and in storage atm...)

Original DVD:

NYR 05
Backlash 05
J'day 05
Vengeance 05
Armageddon 05
NYR 06
GAB 06
Legacy of AWA
101 Reasons Not To Be A Pro Wrestler
RVD - One Of A Kind
Bobby Heenan - RF Shoot
Forever Hardcore
(Maybe a few others I forgot...)

These days I just buy the PPVs and record it as I watch.

@ Whoever it was above saying that you couldn't buy old WMs seperately.... Do they not still do the Tagged-Classics DVDs? They did those as 2 x WM packs, at least as far as 1 - 10.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
I have more in my family collection, but here are my personal DVDs.

WWE
Best of Raw 15th Anniversary

ROH Shows
Do Or Die II & III
Death Before Dishonor II part 1
Joe vs. Punk II
Do or Die IV
100th show
Weekend of Champions Night 1
Weekend of Champions Night 2
Death Before Dishonor IV
Unified
Survival of the Fittest 2006
Final Battle 2006
Supercard of Honor II
Driven
Man Up
Race to the Top Tournament Night 2
Final Battle 2007
Glory By Honor VII
Escalation
Final Battle 2008

ROH Best of's
Bloodlust Volume 1
Danger Danger! The Best of Spanky
Let the Gates of Hell Open. The Best of the Rottweilers

ROH Straight Shootin'
2 Cold Scorpio
Jushin "Thunder" Liger
CM Punk and Samoa Joe

FIP
Fallout Night 2
Bring the Pain
Chasing the Dragon
Cage of Pain II

Other
High Spots Ric Flair Shoot Interview
WSX Season 1
The Best of Chikara
TNA 50 Greatest Moments
Best of Deathmatch Wrestling Vol. 6

scottcs88

Reaction score
In the spring of 2011 America's top superheroes clash with legendary warriors of Japan in the form of Marvel vs Capcom 3. However, us wrestling fan's are gonna get a similar treat. As the high impact wrestlers of TNA meet up with the Japanese wrestling powerhouse, New Japan Pro Wrestling. Since 2008, Wrestle Kingdom has housed this great crossover event and 2011 will be no different. However, there's a bit of a new feature. See, for years, New Japan has had belts defended and even lost in said show, and the title's in question travel over to the U.S. on TNA for a bit. However this year, for the first time, the TNA World Heavyweight Championship will be defended outside of TNA (as far as I know) in the Tokyo Dome as TNA World Champion Jeff Hardy meets Tetsuya Naito. The former IWGP junior Tag Team Champion was featured for months on TNA as well as CMLL along his No Limit tag team partner, Yujiro Takahashi. Good luck.

Also scheduled for the show are Rob Van Dam vs. Toru Yano and the IWGP World Tag Team Championship Match between Giant Bernard and Karl Anderson vs. Beer Money vs. Manabu Nakanishi & Strong Man.

The event will take place on January 4th. Marking the one year anniversary of the debut of Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, Ric Flair and the rest of the bunch.

Questions:

*The show was not presented here last year or even mentioned where Team 3D lost their IWGP Tag Team Championships to No Limit. Will the event go yet another year obscured?

*Should the show be presented on Spike TV at some point like it was in 2008? Or would you prefer a DVD release alone like in 2009?