GFXL: TC2: BDC vs. Chriss

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andy

Reaction score

BDC's Submission
avengers1.jpg

Chriss's Submission
553018_215328948574054_146745752099041_379672_659998003_n.jpg

Vote, list the positives and negatives if you wish to do so, and please, no flaming.​

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I'm gonna go with Chriss.

BDC

+ Loved that you went full throttle and tried to do The Avenger.
- I think you tried to many guys if you were gonna do the Avenger Id do them all or just limit to two of them because it doesn't really make sense why you picked the guys you did, other than they already had movies. Also your SLJ psd is chopped off at the top of his head. And I think your background is more suited for Superman as it looks similar to the fortress of solitude.

Chriss
+ I really liked that you did just leave the multiple Iron man renders and that you didn't just do full color.
- I those renders were darkened a bit too much. Also the text just doesn't fit anything else at all. It's to glossy (maybe the bevel or the emboss) and the stroke I think should have been decreased a few pixels.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Going Chriss here, not a fan of BDC's brushes over his pics, if that was taken out then it would have been a great sig.

The_King

Reaction score
BDC: By far one of your better works. It has a nice look to it. The font works, but the problem is the effects. They're far too heavy and really distort the renders. I'd suggest upping the opacity on the renders. Also, watch out for the chopped head haha! 7/10.
Chriss: Solid sig. The left and right images need to be brightened. Font isn't that great but good nonetheless. 7.3/10

My vote goes to Chriss!

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Tough choice but going with Chriss here, the only thing I don't really like about Chriss' is the text.

BDCs' is very good too and I like how all of them are blended in but I'm not a fan of the brushes used over it and it is too heavy/too much opacity.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Easily BDC's best piece, but I'm giving this to Chriss.

BDC - I don't know why you choose such large canvases all the time. My advice is to start off using, say, 450x200 and use just one or two renders. Learning to fill larger spaces will come in time. But anyway, the composition here is actually quite good and although the technique you used to blend the renders is basic, it still works on everyone but Nick Fury. There could also be some proper colouring and text that flows but overall I think this piece has more style than any of your other work, so you're improving.

Chriss - Even though this sig ticks almost all boxes, I'm still not as impressed as I should be, I think because the text is too distracting and there's too much red. But otherwise the composition is fantastic, and the shadowy foreground combined with the light source from behind makes this professional looking. Texture is a nice touch too.

Edgeomatic

Reaction score
BDC tried to do too much and turned it into a mess. Chriss kept it almost too simple and made it look very standard. But I'll take standard over a mess.

Chriss gets my Vote.

BDC

Reaction score
Going Chriss here, not a fan of BDC's brushes over his pics, if that was taken out then it would have been a great sig.

That's what I get for tryin to get artsy! lol...nice peice, Chriss. I like it!

Deuce

Reaction score
Chriss, BDC's just isn't very well layed out.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Not really feeling the way the blending was done in BDC's sig so gonna go with Chriss on this one thought it was a solid effort.

Ryan

Reaction score
BDC, this is just way too overbrushed. You need to turn it down a bit and learn how to blend before trying to go whole hog and use PSDs with your own backgrounds. Chriss made a banner that was clean and though I've not a fan of the texture used, it takes this just because it's organized.

VOTE: Chriss

Andy

Reaction score
I'm voting for Chriss. BDC had some nice renders on his, but the brushes were too overlayed, the text was too small and not the focus, and there was too much space. Chriss's had a nice tone, renders, texture, text, and so forth. However, the decreased opacity on the left/right Ironmen makes the banner look weird.