GFX League Rankings Graphic

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SnackZ

Reaction score
Finally got around to making this. Thoughts? Credit to C4 for both belts. I'll add the MITB briefcase and winner after the PPV.

Attempt One:
iwfgfxleaguerankings.jpg

Attempt Two:
iwfgfxleaguerankings2.jpg

Attempt Three:
iwfgfxleaguerankingsnew.jpg

Reaction score
I really do not like it. I will give you the reasons later on since i am going to bed now.

1chiban

Reaction score
Not sure about how you've done the text, with the red blocks. Doesn't fit. The rest of it is good though imo

Beer

Uhh.... No offence. Not my cup of tea.... in the slightest.
Much, much, much too blurry around the edges of the background. Not sure if this is the quality or if this is done by you, but it's pretty bad. Everything is very bad quality picture-wise in general, apart from the two focal points. The text works well, except the fancy writing, looks out of place. The idea was excellent, poorly executed. 5/10.

1chiban

Reaction score
Is that a stock background?

SnackZ

Reaction score
Is that a stock background?

nope - not a stock background - I used like 6 different images and changed hues and blendings to make it - no brushes. I just redid the graphic so I'm wondering your thoughts now.

iwfgfxleaguerankings2.jpg

Reaction score
Here is a problem i always have with your work. You are a very creative person, but honestly, most of the time, your execution is awful. Let me start with the first one you made. I like the idea of the rust metal background, but what on earth is that purple stuff, it actually looks more like puke than rust. The font used for the word Rankings does not suit the theme at all. And the red text boxes, they are so badly done and look so out of place that sometimes i doubt you are using a professional program like photoshop. Now on to the second, much better attempt, but still has many flaws, the main flaw is that the font you used to write down the names of the member is horrible. I do not have a clue on what the background is but atleast the color is easier on the eye. and what are those dots on "IWF" it looks like it has acne. :(

SnackZ

Reaction score
Attempt numero 3 - didn't realize my execution was awful so I went back to the drawing board and hopefully I have made you happy:mrgreen:

Thought process was to create a newspaper page/article in which I could say a little bit about each PPV and edit the list in a creative way. Thoughts?

iwfgfxleaguerankingsnew.jpg

1chiban

Reaction score
That newspaper one is awesome. Good stuff.