• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

General NXT Discussion Thread

Finishline

Drop the Mike
The idea of NXT 2.0 makes me want to lace up a pair of boots at age 24 without ever touching a wrestling ring before. I know WWE wouldn't care too much for my height tho lol

The 2 year rule is totally fair, especially if it's "NXT TV ready." After what we've seen with NXT 2.0 and what we've seen from the likes of Logan Paul (love him/hate him/whatever) and Pat McAfee (love him/love him/always) it's a fair expectation. Especially with new talent always at WWE's disposal.

Mandy Rose won't get to Baszler or Asuka, nor should she. Call Toxic Attraction up to the main roster at the new year (or before).

As for tonight, Grimes versus Gacy can steal the show. Sneaky top 100 match of wrestling in 2022.

Dale

Super Moderator
The WWE NXT brand is reportedly benefiting from the recent crossover between WWE brands.

A new report from Fightful Select notes that the crossover has been beneficial for NXT, in numerous ways.

It was noted that one source pointed to the increased consistent viewership of the last few months as one way the crossover is working. Another source highlighted the fact that main roster talents brought in can evaluate those they work with, and help establish where they are in regards to getting ready for RAW or SmackDown. There’s also the experience factor in helping out with the roster.​

Chris

Dreams are Endless
It's been nice how most feel pretty organic, and even though it's the same company they're usually pretty legit surprise pops. Even for talent I wouldn't pop for at all on the main roster

Dale

Super Moderator
It looks like a new WWE NXT series may be in the works.

WWE filed to trademark the “NXT Deadline” name on October 15, according to USPTO (United States Patent & Trademark Office) records.

The official use description included with the filing indicates that the “NXT Deadline” name will be for some sort of new show, perhaps a TV show or digital series. The use description reads like this:

“Entertainment services, namely, a show about professional wrestling; entertainment services, namely, the production and exhibition of professional wrestling events rendered live and through broadcast media including television and distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission media; providing wrestling news and information through broadcast media including television and distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission media; providing information in the fields of sports and entertainment through broadcast media including television and distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission media; providing a website in the field of sports entertainment information”

WWE currently has two weekly NXT shows – the main Tuesday night NXT show on the USA Network, and the NXT Level Up show that airs on Friday nights via Peacock and the WWE Network. The weekly NXT UK show wrapped in early September due to the pending launch of the NXT Europe brand in 2023.

WWE filed to trademark the “NXT Global” and “NXT Europe” names back on September 16.​

Deezy

DZ PZ
This a show where all the Recruits who are hitting the end of their second year at the PC are going to find out if they make their NXT debut or shown the door.

Book it.

Dale

Super Moderator
The next WWE NXT Premium Live Event is reportedly scheduled for early December.

A new report from Fightful Select notes that the next NXT Premium Live Event after Halloween Havoc this Saturday is scheduled to take place on Saturday, December 10. It’s rumored that this event will be called NXT Deadline, which is the name that WWE just trademarked for a new show. The NXT Deadline name has not been confirmed for the December event, but it was noted that several NXT talent and staff have been told to keep the December 10 date open.

The current plan is to hold the December NXT special away from the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, but there’s no word yet on where the location will be. WWE Senior Vice President of Talent Development Creative Shawn Michaels recently talked about wanting to hold NXT PLE on the road, and now it looks like this will be happening.

Saturday, December 10 will be a big day for pro wrestling as this is also the date of the ROH Final Battle pay-per-view, which is scheduled for the DFW Metroplex in Arlington, Texas. It appears the two events will not run head-to-head as AEW announced a special start time of 4pm ET for Final Battle, while NXT is expected to run at night.

WWE is set to officially announce the December NXT PLE by this Saturday’s Halloween Havoc event, perhaps during the show.​

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Not sure how smart it would be to run at night since the reason Final Battle is early is bc of a UFC PPV that day and Heisman trophy voting. Personally better for me cause I'll just watch both tho lol and they're probably looking more at the attendance here than viewership anyway if they're running outside of the PC. Should probably do fine depending on the location, feel like people are more likely to go to it live if they're in the area than watch either of those on TV