General Gaming Chat

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Sooooo as a big MK fan, the new MK1 (I got on release day) has been the fastest I’ve ever gotten bored of an MK game in the modern era. The story I enjoyed, and I thought the invasion mode was a neat idea, at first, but I was just the same redundant shit over and over and over again to get to the end and it really gave me zero motivation to go on. It’s too bad cuz I was so excited to get it, the graphics are great, but damn did it ever fall flat for me.

Reactions: Butters

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
Been trying to play my Nintendo Switch more so I restarted an Animal Crossing island and downloaded a bunch of games to my switch.

Currently playing Super Mario RPG, Breath of the Wild, and Skyrim.

Skyrim is super hard for me on Switch because the A and B buttons are reversed and instead of just remapping the controls to those buttons on switch they kept it so everything i used b button for on 360 is now where the a button would be on that controller. I can remap the buttons but only in the main gameplay. menus and stuff are still switched so it will take some time to get used to.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Finally got my PS5!

IMG-20240227-101018.jpg

I'm really happy I was able to get the one that came with the Disc Drive. I imagined myself always getting the All Digital as it's the cheaper option but this was my preferred choice. It'll come in handy for watching high quality films on it too. So excited to dive in and start playing some of the games I haven't had chance to play on PS4. There's quite a few games that are out now that I'm interestd in compared to Launch.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Damn now my second controller also has a drift issue. I haven't even owned this console for one year and I already have two controllers with issues. I really don't feel like I don't take care of them or I am too rough when I use them so it's definitely a cheap component problem in my opinion.
Fortunately, I have a third one.
One of the two controllers I was mentioning here is already drifting again, it didn't even last a year after they repaired it.
Also I got a fourth controller back in November and it started drifting today. I'm so sick of this. Never had so many issues with this among the 6 different consoles I have owned.

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
in a mere hour and a half i'll be able to play Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth. I got it preinstalled and i'm fucking ready. I took a nap and everything.

Reactions: Y2Jayne

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
Been pushin through Shadow of the Tomb Raider here lately and I dont know why I didnt start them sooner. Beat Rise and now Shadow is proving to be a fun time.

Reactions: Y2Jayne and Butters

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Shadow of the Tomb Raider got too much hate.

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
I don’t remember it getting hate at all

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I don’t remember it getting hate at all
I remember reviews saying it was the weakest of the trilogy and that it didn't innovate much from the previous episode.

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
@Marty McFourth you ever dabbled in retro achievements?

I think I'm gonna try the OG resident evil games and see what I can get.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm sure people are gonna have very normal reactions to that mode lmao

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
for anyone that owns a Nintendo Switch, I recently picked up the Fixture S2 for handheld mode and I'm honestly loving it. I try not to play in handheld mode much because I find the joycon thumbsticks to be too loose and flimsy so this device is perfect.

Ultra_298x_crop_center.png

It basically copies those phone cradles but this one uses the tracks on the switch itself so it's super sturdy. The only downside that I have seen is that you can pretty much only use either their controller or the nintendo pro controller but I highly recommend the pro controller so it's not that big of a downside for me.

the site is https://fixturegaming.com/collections/fixture-s2 but I just got mine on Amazon.

The site has 3 options (Cradle by itself, Cradle with a carry case which is what I got, and Cradle, Case, and their controller). I already own the pro controller so i didn't feel like it was work another 50ish bucks to get the controller bundle.

I feel like I'm a sponsor or something but I just think it's a great product and makes me want to play the switch more in portable mode.

EDIT: also they have a version for the OG switch that isn't OLED if you have that, it's just the Fixture S1 and is less expensive.

Reactions: Storm Trooper
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
VQVzDYO
Shadow of the Tomb Raider got too much hate.
It didn't deserve any hate but it really was the weakest of the trilogy. I reckon the 2nd one was the best