General Chit-Chat Thread - No Spoilers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Fourth said:
There's something so relaxing about the Resident Evil games despite their whole premise and being horror. Maybe it's the familiarity but they are such chill games to both watch and play.
Save themes for life

• Love
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Not sure how thats to controversial, they had already used the Mandarin name in MCU so not sure why they didn't stick with it. Not sure why the Mandarin name would be even bad, unless I'm missing something.

Yeah, they even reference the short Ben Kingsley did where at the end the guy says Mandarin wants his name back. But in this he makes fun of the name as a Chinese food dish and says the actor made it up.

Wholly unnecessary.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Re-visited Resident Evil 2 Remake recently and it was like riding a bike getting back in the groove. Leon still my guy. Love it. Nothing better than blasting some zombie heads I tell ya.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Smark my friend, good to see you again

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
I have fond memories of RE1 because I spent a lot of time hiding in the save room because I knew Hunters were waiting outside.

Jobber Doink

Reaction score
Kid Vicious said:
Yeah, they even reference the short Ben Kingsley did where at the end the guy says Mandarin wants his name back. But in this he makes fun of the name as a Chinese food dish and says the actor made it up. Wholly unnecessary.
But but...Manadarin is a lot of things. Its a bureaucratic role from imperial China, a language, an orange, a duck, fishes, vole and some other shit too so like did marvel not actually do research also seems even dumber since they kept the name for the comic character anyways

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Jobber Doink

Reaction score
Fourth said:
There's something so relaxing about the Resident Evil games despite their whole premise and being horror. Maybe it's the familiarity but they are such chill games to both watch and play.
You're not playing them right. Fully in the dark and sleep deprived

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
  • Haha
Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
But but...Manadarin is a lot of things. Its a bureaucratic role from imperial China, a language, an orange, a duck, fishes, vole and some other shit too so like did marvel not actually do research also seems even dumber since they kept the name for the comic character anyways

You don’t have to explain to me I never got confused by his name. I always assumed it was because it represented the culture of the language etc. etc.

I don’t think marvel has a problem with the name since he still using it I think Kevin Feige has a problem with it which is why they’ve been fucking with his character ever since the beginning of the MCU and Iron Man.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I don’t think Feige even would’ve use Mandarin in this film if they hadn’t lost the rights to Shang’s actual dad so he remembered they did that short film to appease the Iron Man three backlash so he usurp the character

Jobber Doink

Reaction score
Kid Vicious said:
You don’t have to explain to me I never got confused by his name. I always assumed it was because it represented the culture of the language etc. etc.I don’t think marvel has a problem with the name since he still using it I think Kevin Feige has a problem with it which is why they’ve been fucking with his character ever since the beginning of the MCU and Iron Man.
I was just ya know, confused as to what they were getting and and voicing what it all was like ya know, not trying to explain it to you, ya know what I mean? I get changing the racist undertones of what he used to ne like but I mean fucking Fergie.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I was just ya know, confused as to what they were getting and and voicing what it all was like ya know, not trying to explain it to you, ya know what I mean? I get changing the racist undertones of what he used to ne like but I mean fucking Fergie.

No no no no feel free please I’m just glad that someone besides me gets that there’s nothing wrong with the name either. So I get your confusion, completely.

I’d say the comic books have done a pretty good job of updating his character and so did the movie really well if you’ve seen it so just do all that and keep the name.

Jobber Doink

Reaction score
Kid Vicious said:
No no no no feel free please I’m just glad that someone besides me gets that there’s nothing wrong with the name either. So I get your confusion, completely. I’d say the comic books have done a pretty good job of updating his character and so did the movie really well if you’ve seen it so just do all that and keep the name.
Yeah I kept calling him the Mandarin during the movie anyways cause I was explaining him to my daughter. I totally forget they didnt use it. Mandarin and Fin Fang Foom were some of my fav characters when I was kid cause they seemed so cool with their powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.