General AEW Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
I'd say the only one on that list that has been elevated really is Eddie Kingston. Sure, The Acclaimed now but I don't see that being long-term. I'm talking elevated to the main event. Miro has got to a certain level and now is never seen. Darby and Sammy are so stop-start. Hangman has dropped right down and now going back up again. I feel like there needs to be more movement on the card.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Sure, but Andrade was also the most impressive looking guy in that match and was the preferred choice to win over Darby even.
I took it as you saying Sammy didn’t get over. :lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I don't think it's fair to expect AEW to make bonafied superstars from scrap in 3 years while establishing said main event. also they have mjf

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I'd say the only one on that list that has been elevated really is Eddie Kingston. Sure, The Acclaimed now but I don't see that being long-term. I'm talking elevated to the main event. Miro has got to a certain level and now is never seen. Darby and Sammy are so stop-start. Hangman has dropped right down and now going back up again. I feel like there needs to be more movement on the card.
Well that's fine, when you put it like that. I was disagreeing with "TK doesn't move people up" because that just clearly isn't the case.

Reactions: Order

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
No, I was just saying that his claim about Andrade not getting over is nonsense.
Fair enough. Yeah, I can agree with that statement then.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Hoss's assessment is pretty fair I thought, though I think guys like Andrade and Black shouldnt give up. id rather see others leave instead

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I also think that while Darby is a bit on off these days, he was hot for a super long time so im not sure its fair to say he wasnt elevated unless you want him as your world champion. I don't I guess

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Well that's fine, when you put it like that. I was disagreeing with "TK doesn't move people up" because that just clearly isn't the case.
I didn't phrase it well as was rushing :lol

I am intrigued as to how his booking changes in the next couple of years and to see how the main event scene looks. It always seems there is one main title programme and nobody else at the same time is really talking about winning it. The big exception is MJF right now of course.

Reactions: Hoss

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Hoss's assessment is pretty fair I thought, though I think guys like Andrade and Black shouldnt give up. id rather see others leave instead
Yeah, I mean if it was me... They both would be unquestioned main eventers. But shit hasn't broken that way and I feel that if relations are fractured between them and the company, given how much unrest there is backstage, you may just be better moving on. Certainly over keeping them around, for them to be upset and difficult to work with. If that's the case.

If there is easily enough talent there that's happy to be there and good enough to carry the company without needing to bend over backwards for people who are only going to destabilize things backstage.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah, I mean if it was me... They both would be unquestioned main eventers. But shit hasn't broken that way and I feel that if relations are fractured between them and the company, given how much unrest there is backstage, you may just be better moving on. Certainly over keeping them around, for them to be upset and difficult to work with. If that's the case.

If there is easily enough talent there that's happy to be there and good enough to carry the company without needing to bend over backwards for people who are only going to destabilize things backstage.
I certainly won't disagree AEW has an abundance of talent ready to step in or that already have. I suppose it depends what you mean by main eventers.

Would I rather have malakai and andrade at the TNT level, maybe challenging for world titles? yes. Hard to say I could justify them winning the World title, certainly tnt should have been done by now though. like im not sure what the point of wardlow is right now as much as im not sure what the point of sammy was tnt champ either. bit of a mess

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I certainly won't disagree AEW has an abundance of talent ready to step in or that already have. I suppose it depends what you mean by main eventers.

Would I rather have malakai and andrade at the TNT level, maybe challenging for world titles? yes. Hard to say I could justify them winning the World title, certainly tnt should have been done by now though. like im not sure what the point of wardlow is right now as much as im not sure what the point of sammy was tnt champ either. bit of a mess

Part of it seems to be Tony is better at booking the chase to the title than the reign after as well

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Part of it seems to be Tony is better at booking the chase to the title than the reign after as well
Everything after's Kenny's reign would point to that being true. Not sure if bad luck or bad booking, likely both

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I will also say that I don't think anyone should be too quick to make broad statements about how AEW/TK does things given the overall instability of everything for the last 3 years.

In that time, the company has had to try to get a roster, get distribution, do a whole lot of shit for the first time to try to get off the ground, then deal with a completely unprecedented pandemic, which coincided with pretty rapid growth and taking on new ventures like a video game, reality show, etc., getting the opportunity to do a second TV show, they signed tons of new people, lost one of the founders, have been dealing with a whole string of injuries to top guys and then they threw CM Punk in the mix on top of everything else...

That's a ton of factors affecting how you run things. Some of it was brought on themselves, some of it was unavoidable. But I say all that just to say that we haven't really had hardly any true periods of stability in AEW, so I feel like we've only had brief glimpses of what the booking of the company will truly be like, when they are at full capability.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler