General AEW Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

:DEAD:

I don't think I ever seen R-Truth bad mouth anyone

Reactions: Alexa

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Homeboy should call Stephen P New

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score

:DEAD:

I don't think I ever seen R-Truth bad mouth anyone

giphy.gif

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

I finally watched one of the Mox/Omega matches @Jeff Valley Driver I'm not sure if this is the best one but I often find random matches on Dailymotion and just start watching them. Unsanctioned Match at Full Gear 2019. I feel like I didn't pick a bad one either way, I love how they just start beating the shit out of each other right ouf the gate and it only gets more crazy as it goes on.

Moxley is great in this match but that's to be expected when it's an Unsanctioned Match. I love when he's like "It's time for some fucking garbage" and the commentary is like "I ain't repeating that" :bosque No fucks given in this match and I love that. It's hot and fast paced right from the get go, and I think they both bring out the best in each other. Even without knowing the story before this, it feels personal right away.

JR feels pretty good commentary wise in this match. I always thought he added to the moments where the guys are seemingly killing each other. Plenty of moments where I was cracking up or saying 'Holy shit' at least.

I like that they actually use the unsanctioned to its full advantage. Sometimes you'll get matches that are no DQ/anything goes and it might as well be just a normal match. They just stay in the ring or barely even use weapons, it's boring. So yeah, good stuff. Glad AEW is more adult orientated to where they can go the extra mile a bit. Plenty of exciting/crazy spots. Violent, brutal. It's the kinda thing you want if you're going in to a personal feud with no rules. Had a very attitude era vibe about it, similar to how I feel about matches like Cactus Jack/HHH. There's so much barbed wire.

48e4b3ae21eed6a7-600x338.gif

Moxley is like fucking Negan with that barbed wire bat. He loves every minute of it.
200.gif

It gets pretty insane towards the end when they start exposing the ring. Some of those spots looked geniunely painful and I pray for Omega's head.

9cb4ba68a4e69583-600x338.gif

Solid 8/10 match. I'd say I want to rewatch it again some time for the crazy spots, but it was so painful looking that I may give it a pass. Definitely winced a few times :heston

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah that's probably the best mstch in the series imo

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Just finished watching this and all I can say is...holy shit.

1616086032_rosa-vs-britt-baker.jpg

Yeah Britt/Rosa might be one of the best women's matches I've ever seen peroid and it happened on a DYNAMITE?! As soon as Britt gets bloodied you know history is being made here. From the top of my head I can't remember a women's match being this bloody/brutal. At least that I've seen. This is the first match I've seen from Thunder Rosa I think and she's absoutely great. Very aggressive, great strikes and just feels legitimate in there. I've definitely become a bigger fan of Britt after this match and I already loved her. She's an absolute warrior in this match and it honestly can't have been easy to wrestle as well she did with blood in her eyes most of the match.

Some of the spots are pretty insane. That fire thunder driver may just be one of the most brutal looking table spots I've ever seen delivered. Britt takes so many insane bumps in this match.

Got to be my favourite moment/spot from the match, I audibly said 'Holy fuck'

10db6f5e992e7305c72b1db346e08377ee8670ed.gifv

This match deserved a proper crowd and then some. They absolutely would have popped hard for this. They were both wrestling like it was their last match ever. This happened this year right? It might be MOTY for me or at least a strong contender for it.

Thank you to all that have pushed me to watch this. I'm so glad I did. Really shows me what Britt is capable of.

I want to give this match a flawless rating. That is how much I enjoyed it. This shit gets me hyped for the future AEW.​

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I agree with everything you said

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I might have just became a fan

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
fwiw regarding Swole, she's actually been a lot better since coming back and I noticed last night. Good for her, she's winning me over

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler