• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

General AEW Thread

Chris

Dreams are Endless
How the fuck not? :pogba

I mean, no one's gonna feel that major in comparison to Punk and Danielson but shit:lol

Probably the same reason Bray doesn't feel major to you i imagine lol

Also I said they WERE major technically, just not to me so I didn't think of them at first lol

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Bray would unquestionably be a major signing in my book :lol Just wouldn't really pop me, is all. But, I get you.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Mike Chioda:
“AEW’s rules with the refs, I can’t – it’s hard for me to watch it. I want to go back to referees because, you know, I watch it. I watch the show. And it’s just hard to watch as a referee when they’re just acknowledging the tag in, but not acknowledging the five count out of the corner, or the five count off the ropes, and not even acknowledging the 10 counts pretty much. It’s basically count a false finish or count the finish.
(In WWE) we made it where you had rules. The only thing I didn’t like is when Vince cut our fucking names off, and he heard some referee’s name years ago just being announced on commentary and he said, ‘Who the fuck is this guy?’. They said, ‘It’s the referee Vince’. ‘Well why the fuck am I hearing a referee’s fucking name Goddamnit. I don’t wanna hear any more fucking referee’s names’, and I’m like, ‘What?’.
They’re building Aubrey (Edwards) and doing a great job and she’s Chris Jericho’s referee, and I wish I was in AEW right now training these guys. I know I can help.
Cody wanted me (in AEW) and there was a lot of guys that pushing for me like Taz, Jim Ross… a ton of guys. Tony Khan’s not high on referees, bro. I mean, he didn’t want me there to train them, and Cody wanted me to do a lot of their pay-per-views, but they axed me after like three shows. That was it.”
Personally I think that All Elite Wrestling's disregard for the pro wrestling rules and the inconsistencies with their referees is a MAJOR reason that the promotion isn't dramatically more popular with wrestling fans. Mike Chioda training their referees isn't just something that they should want, it's something that they NEED!