General AEW Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
giphy.gif

Certainly couldn't be the large group of people who have been fans of Cody and The Elite for years or the wrestling fans who happen to have enjoyed everything they've produced since All In.
Yeah all those peoople can fill an arena :cenalol

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
The whole anti-smark gimmick is played out. It comes off just as dweeby as anti-WWE drivel.

It's really not that hard to grasp that everyone has preferences when it comes to entertainment. And not that many people are going to force themselves to watch something they don't enjoy, or not watch something they do enjoy.

You also don't fill a stadium with diehards, so that's really not something to be concerned about.

Reactions: Vegeta and Chris

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Labelling.....how antiquated.

And people do watch shit they don't enjoy.....how do you explain every live tweet and every live thread are filled with wannabe Booker's who shit on everything?

How do you explain people doing that with literally everything in entertainment?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Labelling.....how antiquated.

And people do watch shit they don't enjoy.....how do you explain every live tweet and every live thread are filled with wannabe Booker's who shit on everything?

How do you explain people doing that with literally everything in entertainment?

Most people don't make a habit of watching things they derive no enjoyment from, unless it's their job or they're holding out hope that something they once loved can become something they love again. My point is, people wouldn't seek out alternatives to WWE (or anything else) if they were entertained by what they were watching. Some would, but most wouldn't, make a habit of watching AEW if they didn't like it. It's not like you have to choose anyways though. I like WWE, I like AEW, I like NJPW. I don't necessarily enjoy Impact or ROH too much these days. I don't watch anything because I feel a particular allegiance to it, and I certainly don't watch anything to stick it to another company. :lmao

I genuinely can't remember the last time you had anything to positive to say about any company besides WWE. If you don't like or have no interest in anything besides WWE, that's cool for you. Why waste your time coming into threads and making backhanded comments about the other companies though?

Reactions: Vegeta

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
LOL....I make fun of everything.

Don't get in your feelings because it's now happening to this shit.

I talk more shit about WWE than anything else btw.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'm glad you put WWE ahead of AEW on your list of companies, ya like.

Half the people I see on Twitter that complain about the current WWE product nowadays see a tweet and go this is what's wrong with the company. They do it like 8 times a day and then go on to say yeah, I haven't watch in months. These people need to shut the fuck up. It's cool to currently hate on WWE for everythin' and ignore their positives so if I wanna take pot shots at a new company that people are clamourin' for as the return of Christ or WCW/competition. I'm gonna do so but when they do sumthin' great like Dustin/Cody match I will praise it, however most of what I have seen from AEW is just top level Indy type stuff that doesn't even compare to the golden days of ROH.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
LOL....I make fun of everything.

Don't get in your feelings because it's now happening to this shit.

I talk more shit about WWE than anything else btw.

Fair enough. But you also defend WWE quite a lot. Which, again, is fine. But if a poster signed up here that loved indie wrestling and only dropped into WWE threads to shit on them, what would that make them look like? I guess ultimately I just see it as a waste of time to pay attention to something you clearly have no love for, and maybe even resent. I think it would be great if you grew to appreciate AEW though.

I'm glad you put WWE ahead of AEW on your list of companies, ya like.

Half the people I see on Twitter that complain about the current WWE product nowadays see a tweet and go this is what's wrong with the company. They do it like 8 times a day and then go on to say yeah, I haven't watch in months. These people need to shut the fuck up. It's cool to currently hate on WWE for everythin' and ignore their positives so if I wanna take pot shots at a new company that people are clamourin' for as the return of Christ or WCW/competition. I'm gonna do so but when they do sumthin' great like Dustin/Cody match I will praise it, however most of what I have seen from AEW is just top level Indy type stuff that doesn't even compare to the golden days of ROH.

Twitter is a fucking cesspool for wrestling. Literally bottom tier "fans" on there. Probably second only to YouTube. IMO if you have an issue with how people on Twitter talk about WWE and AEW, take it up with them on Twitter. No one here is acting like AEW is God's gift to wrestling as far as I can tell. :lmao

That's just how I feel though.

Reactions: Chris and Vegeta

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Probably because we won't let them.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
People who do nothing but trash on WWE are just as bad as the people who do it for AEW.

I don't like Impact, you don't see me throwing into an Impact thread saying I don't like it.

Just because tools on Twitter do the shit, doesn't mean you got to also. Be better than that.

Reactions: Hoss

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Don't make me take back my thoughts on Cody/Dustin. Actually, I can't do that anyways, it was too damn good.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Don't make me take back my thoughts on Cody/Dustin. Actually, I can't do that anyways, it was too damn good.

It’s good you liked it... but to go into a thread just to shit on something is dumb. It’s one thing if you actually are a fan of the company and point out bad things. But to just wanna shit on something is pointless and makes you just as bad as the ones who do it to WWE.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I think most my statements just say AEW is currently overrated considerin' the buzz over a handful of shows.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I think most my statements just say AEW is currently overrated considerin' the buzz over a handful of shows.

Shows people have enjoyed. Maybe some people overrate it sure. But some people act as if WWE is better than it truly is right now as well. You also got fans who are overly critical of both. I mean you got upset at me because of how excited I am for AEW lol. So yeah you’re leaning into the just as bad area in my eyes.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Our initial conversation about AEW was me seein' how far I could get under your skin or anyone else.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I mean if ya say so. Maybe you’re just trolling for the sake of trolling. Like I said yesterday, I don’t really know you or your personality. But my point still stands in a general sense. People who go out of there way to bash stuff they don’t like are dumb and it’s pointless. I see it on a lot of shit. People go to music they don’t like on YouTube just to say they hate it. People go into sections on forums to talk about hate something. Like hell put more focus and energy into stuff you like as it makes life more enjoyable.

Like I said that’s in general not just to you or about AEW.

Reactions: Hoss