General AEW Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
AEW almost back to million. Wow.

That NXT number could be rather low.
I've seen 720,000 but that was from some pretty random accounts on Twitter. Still. If they're out of the top 50, AEW really whooped that ass. :lol Which, even as a supporter of AEW, I find totally bizarre. Dynamite has been in decline for me the last few episodes and NXT is rock solid. Not saying it's been way better than Dynamite but I've been a lot more satisfied by it so for those ratings to have that kind of gap is pretty wild.

Reactions: Vegeta

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Reactions: Deezy

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Very dismissive attitude to just broadly label most of the criticism as ignorant from people with no class.

Wonder what the reaction would've been if it was his clone Seth Rollins saying this in June? :hmm
You know what the reaction would have been, people would have absolutely given Seth hell for saying something like that :lol

Kenny comes off sounding arrogant af in that response. Shut up, Kenny.

Reactions: Vegeta and Deezy

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
To be fair tho. Seth’s was more than a one time deal. I defended Seth at first a few times, you can ask Brad about that haha. But it got out of hand.

So I hope Kenny doesn’t follow t he same path. Cause this was really dumb of him and I’m disappointed in him.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I personally thought NXT was the better show last night, but I had a feeling AEW would get more viewers because people tuned wanting to see if Moxley would join Inner Circle

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sure gave them a good show for all those eyeballs tho 8D

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Very dismissive attitude to just broadly label most of the criticism as ignorant from people with no class.

Wonder what the reaction would've been if it was his clone Seth Rollins saying this in June? :hmm

Tbf if he is on about twitter, he has a point. If you read the comments on twitter most is moronic trolls (of all kinds) who do have no class. However yeah some of his comments come off as dismissive especially calling the women's divison being a success. It ain't. And I agree the women's divison is the weakest part by far of the shows and I don't think it is on the talent. I think people also forget this is a new company and expect it to be perfect overnight.

Yeah that number seems a bit high to not be Top 50. Weird.

They rank them by the key demo nowadays. So for example some of the weeks NXT beat AEW overall viewer wise because most were over a certain age, AEW was ranked higher.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
I personally thought NXT was the better show last night, but I had a feeling AEW would get more viewers because people tuned wanting to see if Moxley would join Inner Circle
If so, then Mox is a proven draw :proud

I'm glad AEW is back in the 900k range, they haven't been that high in awhile.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Tbf if he is on about twitter, he has a point. If you read the comments on twitter most is moronic trolls (of all kinds) who do have no class. However yeah some of his comments come off as dismissive especially calling the women's divison being a success. It ain't. And I agree the women's divison is the weakest part by far of the shows and I don't think it is on the talent. I think people also forget this is a new company and expect it to be perfect overnight.

They rank them by the key demo nowadays. So for example some of the weeks NXT beat AEW overall viewer wise because most were over a certain age, AEW was ranked higher.
It's been more than a few nights tho......the honeymoon period is over and the people in charge are not showing they can handle criticism.

You think a Stephanie McMahon or Triple H are going to delete their accounts and claim toxicity over the trolls on their timelines?

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
It's been more than a few nights tho......the honeymoon period is over and the people in charge are not showing they can handle criticism.

You think a Stephanie McMahon or Triple H are going to delete their accounts and claim toxicity over the trolls on their timelines?

Cool so it is OK for people to be cunts? Imo I can't blame anyone for not wanting to deal with twitter cunts. Like I said it is a new company and some people are always going to moan no matter what. There is a massive difference between criticism and being a toxic cunt which reading through the comments responding to their tweets a lot of it was.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Cool so it is OK for people to be cunts? Imo I can't blame anyone for not wanting to deal with twitter cunts. Like I said it is a new company and some people are always going to moan no matter what. There is a massive difference between criticism and being a toxic cunt which reading through the comments responding to their tweets a lot of it was.

Both these are fair points to be honest.

Some stuff tho, they should have fixed by now, and they've been plenty of people vocal about the Women's Division, and some of it isn't going to be such an easy fix so soon, but one thing that would be, is getting the belt off Riho who a lot of people have been vocal against being champion. Getting the talent for it will take time for talent to be freed up, and different things.

Tho Deezy as I told you before, Stephanie probably doesn't even run her own Twitter. Triple H likely does tho but I'm not even sure there.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Just because you have blind faith doesn't mean you can just broadly label any criticism as simple hating or "being a cunt".....just doesn't look good if the people supposedly in charge can't handle the criticism that comes with that position.

Look at the comments for every Vince McMahon tweet..... shit just look at any post any WWE related handle and see the vitriol there.

It's not some mutually exclusive conspiracy here.

It's so silly to act like one company gets carte blanche just because "they're new".....if the launch isn't what people expected or it's something the don't like....they all have the right to express their opinion.

That's how it works for any product that's made for public consumption......that's how the market works.

Take the blinders off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vegeta

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Just because you have blind faith doesn't mean you can just broadly label any criticism as simple hating or "being a cunt".....just doesn't look good if the people supposedly in charge can't handle the criticism that comes with that position.

Look at the comments for every Vince McMahon tweet..... shit just look at any post any WWE related handle and see the vitriol there.

It's not some mutually exclusive conspiracy here.

It's so silly to act like one company gets carte blanche just because "they're new".....if the launch isn't what people expected or it's something the don't like....they all have the right to express their opinion.

That's how it works for any product that's made for public consumption......that's how the market works.

Take the blinders off.

Very very true.

Plus they are ways to handle it and ways not to handle it as I've said before when it came to Seth.

They are plenty of things I like about AEW, the Women aren't one of them which is sad, cause I do love women's wrestling. But it's something AEW just can't get right for me. So I hope Omega will settle down a bit, listen and get the changes done that need to be made.

But let's not use Vince as an example, the man doesn't do his own Twitter, so he doesn't see a damn thing anyone tweets lol.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Very very true.

Plus they are ways to handle it and ways not to handle it as I've said before when it came to Seth.

They are plenty of things I like about AEW, the Women aren't one of them which is sad, cause I do love women's wrestling. But it's something AEW just can't get right for me. So I hope Omega will settle down a bit, listen and get the changes done that need to be made.

But let's not use Vince as an example, the man doesn't do his own Twitter, so he doesn't see a damn thing anyone tweets lol.
Then maybe these "executives" should follow suit and stop acting like they're private citizens anymore.

Hire someone to handle your shit if you don'tt want to see mean tweets....your in the big boys club now.....stop acting like children.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Then maybe these "executives" should follow suit and stop acting like they're private citizens anymore.

Hire someone to handle your shit if you don'tt want to see mean tweets....your in the big boys club now.....stop acting like children.

I mean, I just agreed with you my guy. :TI:

I don't agree with them needing someone else to run their Twitter, but I agree they need to handle it better or just leave Twitter all together. But having someone else run it IMO would be the wrong move.