Gay People

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

This Guy

Its one of those thing that I think no one will really know the true answer too.

I believe that some definatly choose or at least through perhaps some traumatic event end up gay which may explain why some later turn out straight later on.

I have a female friend who when we were young dated boys. When she was 20 she started dating girls, saying she was born gay but was in denial because of her christian upbringing. Yet she has also indicated to me that something happened to her as a child as well, something traumatic. She has never explained what, but has given me some reason to believe that she may have been somehow abused as a child. This has lead me to belive that it may be her choice and that its the denial of it being a choice that lead her to believe she was born that way.

In an intresting note to this, she has now since started dating guys again....she doesn't know what she is anymore. Part of her is obviously still trying to deal with something in her past. But I think she is a prime example none the less of someone who may not have been born that way but believes they were.

So the question then becomes, are all the people who claim they were born that way just in denial?

J

Haven't read much of the above, Just skimmed, but just had to say one of the main things that piss's me off is just becuase I support the fact that homosexuals should be able to live there life the way they want. That does mean I'm gay myself. It simply mean's I believe any person Straight, Bi, Homosexual, Transexual should be able to live there life and be happy just as we do.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
J-Dawg said:
That does mean I'm gay myself.

Man, I had no idea! Well, you you won't have any trouble from me.

As for the topic, I honestly don't think it matters whether homosexuality is a choice or just who you are when you're born that way. The whole point is that homosexuality is just sexual preference. It's basically the same thing as me not preferring blonde chicks. How anyone can feel threatened by homosexuality is just insane.

the dark knight

So the question then becomes, are all the people who claim they were born that way just in denial?
YES!

remember folks, if YOU were born in a different culture, different environment and raised by different parents, YOOOOOOOOOU will not be the same person. you are not born who you are, its your memories that make you who you are.

fuck, ONE incident might change your life forever let alone 18+ years of life.

and once again, even if you did get fucked up in your life and "turned gay", you can always turn your back on that shit the same way you turn your back on the feelings that tell you to rape your neighbor and kill her husband. damn that sounds wrong..

noumenon

I have a lot of gay friends. Ask any...(or most) gay people and they will tell you it's not a personal choice...in fact if they had a choice they would be straight, because it's that much easier.
It's something you're born with and it's seriously as simple and as inborn as what your favorite color is.

Reaction score
Australia... and no, I do not ride around on a Kan
I believe personally that people are born homosexual. Whether something has gone wrong in their chromosones that cannot be sighted, or something else during the development in the womb, I don't know. Until there is proof either way that they are born homosexuals or if it is a lifestyle choice, there will always be debate or an opinion on why.

are you implying that there is something WRONG with gay people? As if it's some sort of disability?

Just before you ask, no I am not gay, I just don't see why people should assume that those who are gay have some sort of defect.

I believe it's a choice, noone is ""born" with those feelings. I kind of agree with Stinger, it can be to do with how you are raised yea.

Kizza

are you implying that there is something WRONG with gay people? As if it's some sort of disability?

Just before you ask, no I am not gay, I just don't see why people should assume that those who are gay have some sort of defect.

I believe it's a choice, noone is ""born" with those feelings. I kind of agree with Stinger, it can be to do with how you are raised yea.

I'm not really implying it, but like a defection in the chromosones that prevents you from being straight I guess. I have no problem what so ever with homosexuals. I'm just saying that it could be a possible cause.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I'm not heavily Christian in any way but I believe that the body was made to be attracted to the other sex and to have sex with it with intentions to make a baby. Obviously, with the same sex you can't do that thus, I don't believe that it's a genetic thing.

Your point is valid regarding sex being for the purpose of the survival of the species but there are instances of bisexuality in other animals so it cannot be strictly a nurture factor but also nature.

Its one of those thing that I think no one will really know the true answer too.

'Tis true and it really doesn't matter what the answer is anyway.

I have a female friend who when we were young dated boys. When she was 20 she started dating girls, saying she was born gay but was in denial because of her christian upbringing. Yet she has also indicated to me that something happened to her as a child as well, something traumatic. She has never explained what, but has given me some reason to believe that she may have been somehow abused as a child. This has lead me to belive that it may be her choice and that its the denial of it being a choice that lead her to believe she was born that way.

Could very well be in her case if she was assaulted by a male relative. That kind of traumatic experience can alter our perceptions. But even if that is true in her case it doesn't follow because there are millions of people who are sexually abused and do not become homosexuals. Similarly not all homosexuals were abused.

In an intresting note to this, she has now since started dating guys again....she doesn't know what she is anymore. Part of her is obviously still trying to deal with something in her past. But I think she is a prime example none the less of someone who may not have been born that way but believes they were.

This can be indicative of many things.

Nope, some truly are.

YES!

remember folks, if YOU were born in a different culture, different environment and raised by different parents, YOOOOOOOOOU will not be the same person. you are not born who you are, its your memories that make you who you are.

fuck, ONE incident might change your life forever let alone 18+ years of life.

and once again, even if you did get fucked up in your life and "turned gay", you can always turn your back on that shit the same way you turn your back on the feelings that tell you to rape your neighbor and kill her husband. damn that sounds wrong..

To a degree you are right but it doesn't go away it just gets hidden. People are people, you can't stop them from doing what they want to, they'll just hide it.

And it would be stupid to turn your back on it if that is the way you are. Why force yourself to a life that is not your own simply because it might make a few ignorant assholes uncomfortable?

Nature vs nurture again. There's no need for fighting, it's a combination of both. And it always is.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Also for reference in the DSM-III I think, maybe II. Anyway, homosexuality was classified as a psychological illness, in the DSM-IV it was reviewed and removed so the notion that it is a psychological illness is crap.

the dark knight

Why force yourself to a life that is not your own simply because it might make a few ignorant assholes uncomfortable?
dude, 2girl1cup as an example....

didn't you find that disgusting? it was funny in a way, but it is disgusting. what if people actually like doing that shit(literally) irl? you're just gonna say its their choice and pretend you dont hate it? sure, let em do it but why the fuck would i try to hide my own feelings towards that shit? they have the right to fuck other guys or whatever just as i have the right to react however i want towards it.

oh and it isnt about making anyone happy really. its for their own good. when you see a kid eating biting chewing on his shoe you tell him to stop doing it dont you?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
dude, 2girl1cup as an example....

didn't you find that disgusting?

Sure.

it was funny in a way, but it is disgusting. what if people actually like doing that shit(literally) irl? you're just gonna say its their choice and pretend you dont hate it?

I don't hate it. It's not my cup of tea but far be it from me to think someone is a terrible person just because they happen to eat some shit in private.

sure, let em do it but why the fuck would i try to hide my own feelings towards that shit?

You shouldn't have to but live and let live.

they have the right to fuck other guys or whatever just as i have the right to react however i want towards it.

To a degree. But don't forget that means they can do the same right back to you.

oh and it isnt about making anyone happy really. its for their own good. when you see a kid eating biting chewing on his shoe you tell him to stop doing it dont you?

That is the most asinine comparison I have ever heard.

the dark knight

yay
I don't hate it. It's not my cup of tea but far be it from me to think someone is a terrible person just because they happen to eat some shit in private.
whoever said anything about them being terrible persons? doing one thing that i find wrong/stupid/disgusting isn't enough to make em "terrible" to me. i treat them as i treat everyone else.

You shouldn't have to but live and let live.
im not killing them am i?

To a degree. But don't forget that means they can do the same right back to you.
to a degree...? and yea sure, i can take it.

That is the most asinine comparison I have ever heard.
yea i kinda thought so too but not really. im not saying they should turn their back on being gay to make me happy, im saying they should cuz its something disgusting and i feel sorry for them doing it. its not directly affecting ME atm so how is it gonna make me happy?

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I think it can be a mix of both.

Some people could be born that way and want to change but can't because they just don't find the opposite sex attractive. But some might turn that way later in life because of stuff that happens in there life with the opposite sex. Now I got a few gay friends and really never asked them about that so I wouldn't know for sure. But that is just my opinion.