Game: Is He A Hall Of Famer?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Yes (just based on ECW/WCW)

Magnum T.A (Yes I am seriously curious and would like somebody like Enzo to give me a reason yes or no)

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
Yes. (Watch the beginning of The Rise and Fall of WCW. People knew he would be big, but that car accident.)

Mike Awesome.

Reaction score
Magnum T.A would definitely be a toss up. He was about to be THE face in Crockett, but as stated before he was cut short by an auto accident. He was infinitely over, held the US strap when it really meant something, had so many memorable feuds with Nikita, Kamala and most importantly Tully fuckin Blanchard and had the greatest IQuit match ever. But all this was in like a 4 year period, I don't know if that's enough of a career to be HoF worthy. I'd put him in there.

Lance Storm
Mike Awesome

No. No. Fuck NO. What the hell are you guys smoking? I'm not slinging shit, but please, give me ONE good reason besides title reigns. There has never been a bigger lameduck champion than Lance Storm, great worker but never over, never. He's a Brad Armstrong-Tracy Smother's hand.

Mike Awesome? Yeah fucking right. One ECW title reign? So. Career went to shit in WCW and he never rebounded, outside a fun match with Masato Tanaka @ One Night Stand, who incidentally gave him one of his other matches that passes as good.

Tatanka? Are you guys serious? If you even think he's worthy of consideration I don't know what else to say. Bob Holly had a better career than this hack.

C'mon fellas, think about some of these names. It's getting ridiculous. And if you are going to say yes, atleast state why. And if you don't know who the person is, don't comment on them. Who's coming next? El Dandy? Disco Inferno ? Mongo McMichael? Ernest Miller?

Here are some legit names to ponder:
Ultimo Dragon
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Dynamite Kid
Ken Patera
Kevin Sullivan
Meng/Haku
Bobby Eaton

kimball99

Reaction score
Ultimo Dragon
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Dynamite Kid
Ken Patera
Kevin Sullivan
Meng/Haku
Bobby Eaton

Dragon, no. He's an amazing worker and had a decent career, but not the kind Vince looks at.

Jim Duggan, yes. If Koko got in, then Duggan should get in based on the fact he was one of the most over stars of the late 80's early 90's.

Dynamite Kid, no. I know he's had some amazing moments in his career, but iwoul;dn't say yes to him, and neither will Vince.

Ken Patera, yes. As some random throw in to the HOF. He's hardly a name you hear mentioned in the WWE anyway, but I'd put him in.

Kevin Sullivan, meh. There's a slew of guys who will go in before him, so if it does happen, it'll be a long while.

Haku, no. Hell no. Great worker, but what did he ever do in his career that many others haven't done?

hndsmepete

Reaction score
Mike Awesome? Yeah fucking right. One ECW title reign? So. Career went to shit in WCW and he never rebounded, outside a fun match with Masato Tanaka @ One Night Stand, who incidentally gave him one of his other matches that passes as good.

Ultimo Dragon
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Dynamite Kid
Ken Patera
Kevin Sullivan
Meng/Haku
Bobby Eaton

I guess you never saw any of Mike Awesome's work in Japan. He was a great big man & was known for his hardcore matches in FMW. That's also where his Masato Tanaka feud began & they did have a lot of great matches together. Mike Awesome still has 1 more title reign than Koko B Ware, James Dudley (Vince J McMahon's Limo Driver), or Jim Ross have had and they are all in the WWE HOF. I mean they have Ivan Putski in there & he sucked, one move jobber (Polish Hammer).

And the only reason Antonio Inoki is getting into the WWE HOF is because of his Wrestler vs Boxer fight against Muhammad Ali that a certain Vincent K McMahon promoted. Maybe they actually selected him for his influence over modern wrestling and MMA, but I doubt it as the HOF is completely political.

Enzo out of your HOF probably Hacksaw & Ken Patera would go in, possibly Haku/Meng but, the others are doubtful, especially Dynamite Kid.

Reaction score
I guess you never saw any of Mike Awesome's work in Japan. He was a great big man & was known for his hardcore matches in FMW. That's also where his Masato Tanaka feud began & they did have a lot of great matches together. Mike Awesome still has 1 more title reign than Koko B Ware, James Dudley (Vince J McMahon's Limo Driver), or Jim Ross have had and they are all in the WWE HOF. I mean they have Ivan Putski in there & he sucked, one move jobber (Polish Hammer).

And the only reason Antonio Inoki is getting into the WWE HOF is because of his Wrestler vs Boxer fight against Muhammad Ali that a certain Vincent K McMahon promoted. Maybe they actually selected him for his influence over modern wrestling and MMA, but I doubt it as the HOF is completely political.

Enzo out of your HOF probably Hacksaw & Ken Patera would go in, possibly Haku/Meng but, the others are doubtful, especially Dynamite Kid.

Wait...wait, let me get this straight...you're arguing for Mike Awesome, arguing his Japanese credentials in a 3rd rate promotion but are doubting the Kid? Seriously? I am aware of what he did there, doesn't matter, one title reign after an exodus of talent doesn't hold up and one, ONE good feud doesn't either.

Patera was awful. More of a one move wrestler than Putski, who was over, a fair draw in the 70's and had a world title program with Superstar Graham. Putski is almost a no brainer. I don't think you know why you are questioning his spot. But in a WWE HoF Patera gets in.

I agree with you on Koko. Didn't know about Senior's limo driver being there, but know he was a huge backstage influence and confidant to Sr. so I hardly doubt he's there solely for driving Sr. around.

Your questioning why JR is there? Wow. The man is the voice of a generation and is without peers in his generation of commentators, way more important than any fan of Awesome could ever wish Mike was.

Of my list, on WWE HoF terms Duggan gets in hands down, Patera too. Dynamite deserves to get in at the very least as a member of the Brittish Bulldogs. That's it.

If we're talking legitimate HoF, Dragon, Eaton and Dynamite easily get in. Dragon is probably the definitive cruiser of the world during the 90's, having mighty success in Japan, Mexico and here stateside. Dynamite was the most revolutionary North American worker of the 80's and the guy the next generation most emulated, ala HBK to this new generation. And Eaton is perhaps the most under rated talent of the 80's-early 90s and next to Arn Anderson, perhaps the best tag worker of his era. All are phenomenal talents, and perhaps Eaton and Dynamite get into the WWE HoF as their halves of two of the greatest tag teams ever. The Bulldogs and THE heel team of the 80's, the muthafuckin Midnight Express.

hndsmepete

Reaction score
Wait...wait, let me get this straight...you're arguing for Mike Awesome, arguing his Japanese credentials in a 3rd rate promotion but are doubting the Kid? Seriously? I am aware of what he did there, doesn't matter, one title reign after an exodus of talent doesn't hold up and one, ONE good feud doesn't either.

Patera was awful. More of a one move wrestler than Putski, who was over, a fair draw in the 70's and had a world title program with Superstar Graham. Putski is almost a no brainer. I don't think you know why you are questioning his spot. But in a WWE HoF Patera gets in.

I agree with you on Koko. Didn't know about Senior's limo driver being there, but know he was a huge backstage influence and confidant to Sr. so I hardly doubt he's there solely for driving Sr. around.

Your questioning why JR is there? Wow. The man is the voice of a generation and is without peers in his generation of commentators, way more important than any fan of Awesome could ever wish Mike was.

Of my list, on WWE HoF terms Duggan gets in hands down, Patera too. Dynamite deserves to get in at the very least as a member of the Brittish Bulldogs. That's it.

If we're talking legitimate HoF, Dragon, Eaton and Dynamite easily get in. Dragon is probably the definitive cruiser of the world during the 90's, having mighty success in Japan, Mexico and here stateside. Dynamite was the most revolutionary North American worker of the 80's and the guy the next generation most emulated, ala HBK to this new generation. And Eaton is perhaps the most under rated talent of the 80's-early 90s and next to Arn Anderson, perhaps the best tag worker of his era. All are phenomenal talents, and perhaps Eaton and Dynamite get into the WWE HoF as their halves of two of the greatest tag teams ever. The Bulldogs and THE heel team of the 80's, the muthafuckin Midnight Express.

In a legit HOF your picks minus Patera get in. I was kidding about Mike Awesome though, he would never get in any HOF, but I was a fan of his. I was just pointing out that he held one more title reign than Koko or JR has & that shouldn't be a criteria for any HOF. Dynamite was more talented than 95% of everyone in the WWE HOF & influenced directly or indirectly everyone working in the wrestling business today. Dynamite doesn't regret anything he has done & that might be a problem with him getting into the WWE HOF. I don't think Ultimo would get in because of Vince's ignorance. I was there for his WWE debut & am a big fan of his, but I think if he does get in it won't be for a while. I mean the Road Warriors aren't in there & they were popular enough for Vince to try and clone them.

I'm questioning Putski's spot because I think he sucked & was undeserving of a title program. He only got ahead in the business for his size, not for any talent. Same with Patera. I don't think he belongs there but I'm betting Vince nominates him before the decade is over.

I totally agree with you on Ultimo, Eaton & Dynamite, all great wrestlers. I just think that looking at some of the names in there, they probably won't make it in because its the Bizarro World HOF. William "The Refrigerator" Perry is in there & I think that Special Delivery Jones belongs in there before he does. At least SD worked more than one match & had an LJN figure. SD Jones > Barry Horowitz. The celebrities I'd have in the WWE HOF would be Mr T & Cyndi Lauper. They both gave the WWF mainstream attention they would not of had without either of them.

Hometown Kid

Personally I think Ultimo Dragon could get in. Considering WWE owns the WCW library as well, plus they can throw plenty of his Japan and Mexico history into his video package for the HOF. I mean they just have to say "10 titles at once" and almost nobody will question him being inducted. It will have to be on a year where like this one where they pretty much have no "Megastars", or the year they induct Savage or Warrior.

Some names i'll throw out there (just on "could they get in", not if I thought everybody was great)....Vader, DDP, Jumbo Tsuruta, Stan Hansen, The Steiner Bros., Legion of Doom, and Dean Malenko I could all see being on "a list" through several factors.

Reaction score
All belong. The Road Warriors belong before all mentioned, easily the most successful tag team of all time. Fuck what the Duds say, the LoD did it all wayyyy before them and when it actually meant something.

Then in this order:
Jumbo
Hansen
Stieners
Vader
DDP
Malenko

straight_edge76

Ok, question aimed at Enzo do you think alot of the guys like King Kong Bundy, Kamala and Abdulah (sp?) The Butcher who sort of bounced from place to place deserve some HoF consideration?

Reaction score
If we're talking WWE, Kamala and Bundy get in. If we're talking legit, then all three get in. Abby never worked WWE to my knowledge.

The reason these monsters bounced around was to get the most mileage out of their gimmicks and size. Who better to put over a local top face in a territory than a giant savage? It kept their gimmick fresh and helped put people over huge and kept their earning power up. It's basically what many top workers of the day did, the best was Bruiser Brody, whom at one time was the highest paid worker in the world. Abby has been going strong for over 40 years, Kamala worked every territory of note and had top programs from Hogan to Magnum TA to the Von Erichs and Bundy was well traveled and headlined a WrestleMania.