Game Changer Wrestling Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
When, I get there I'll let you know. Not rushing through Day 2 as much as Day 1, for obvious reasons lol

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
penelope ford i think had a match too? lmk, interested as they are both weaker i nthe ring ppl so im curious how they fared and how the crowd reacted to eiher

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Okay can I come to the Podium because after finishing Part 1 of Homecoming for GCW I've have loads to say. I saw what Meltzer said that the tossing of Bottles etc into the Ring was one of the most embarrassing things to happen in Wrestling I would say to you fuck you amigo. Do you remember fans coming into the Ring during the NWO days wanting a piece of them and anyone who tried to take on Nash, Hall, and Hogan were nuts and you were sitting back on your Chair jizzing over it. Go back to the 70s and 80s fans brought Knives and tried to stab talent all the time if you were a Heel and if they hated you and you loved that Meltzer. You approve that but throwing bottles after a Match is a no no to you brother you need to take a break from Wrestling for real. As for the Match itself it was solid I wasn't expecting a 5 Star Classic but it was hurt by the extra bodies late in the Match but still a solid match. You gotta give Cardona props he went into the Jungle he's never been in and he survived it with the Scars to prove it. It should be interesting where that goes with Cardona and GCW in the coming Months.

Parker/Colon easily the best shit from Part 1 man it was so great. Parker wins a World Title the night before and the dude is bleeding all over trying to gain another one. Parker did it all between the Dart throwing to him throwing his body on the line with the Swanton late going for the win. I look forward to what the Match looks like in Part 2 with Lloyd. How can not love Colon as well after this one as well he'll do great in BJW where they'll treat him like a family member within the company like Parker.

• Love
Reactions: Alexa

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Parker/Colon was one of the best matches of the night no doubt. Me enjoying Cardona 100% influenced my rating of the match, what did you think of Starboy vs. Stunt?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I've seen some on Twitter and such try to justify Meltzer's criticisms saying some "nWo was real heat, the GCW fans were just trying to get themselves over :cornette" which MAYBE... HOWEVER... look at the context. Cardona is the nega-deathmatch wrestler, a guy who is sports entertainment to the bone. The entire point of this angle and match was to drive home that Cardona is going into hostile territory where he should for all intents and purposes be torn to shreds by his opponent and the company as a whole. Take all that shit into account and the fans reacting the way they did, even if it was just to pop themselves, is the PERFECT OUTCOME for this entire storyline. How fucking dumb would it be if it's this entire doll collector gym, tan, laundry Matt Cardona vs. the entirety of deathmatch wrestling, and he goes into their territory and takes their belt, beating their top guy, and the fans just kinda boo a little, or even cheer? The shit that went down was, in my opinion, the best conceivable way things could have gone.

Reactions: Alexa

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
It was the best result possible, GCW also made headlines. Also, the way the crowds generally treat the wrestlers - even the heels during entrances. You know none of them were throwing punches at Matt.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
People talking about GCW though, is what I like to see.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Meltzer has also said plenty of times and before this happened that fans throwing shit in WCW was dumb and shouldn't have been encouraged so I'm not sure where the hypocrite vibes are coming from unless that's him playing more hindsight hero and in the actual 90s he was a fan

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Meltzer has also said plenty of times and before this happened that fans throwing shit in WCW was dumb and shouldn't have been encouraged so I'm not sure where the hypocrite vibes are coming from unless that's him playing more hindsight hero and in the actual 90s he was a fan

i read his tweet today and he pointed out a few times ppl were injured from ppl throwing shit. some severely. I can see why he is sensitive to it. I can see that it was both a very good visual but also not super smart for the workers in the ring

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

Canadian Dragon