FWA 'Back in Business XVII' || RESULTS.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Doc Sulliday

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
XifccX1
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Favorite Sports Team
OEOhb9u
Overall I think this show is yet again another example of why people say that the FWA is at its peak right now in terms of writing and presentation. The promo window for this show showed that, as a group of RPers we are at one of our strongest ever. But the way our shows are presented in terms of writing, quality, and overall shine I think show that for a mod team we are being led by one of the bests in FWA's near 20 year history. That is something I don't say lightly, and it reflects on the leadership from Man, SS, Jimmy, Dubb, Battletank, and everyone sle who has helped out over the last year that led to this buildup. We wouldn't have the FWA without the work that they do, on a volunteer basis, and putting together a massive two-night PPV like this is one of the hardest things. It is greatly appreciated beyond measure.

As for the show, one of the things that actually makes the shows as good as they can be are the engagement from us as users. Our mod team can only do so much. And so I think you get reflections of that in the payoffs here to BIB. It's evident by Tommy Bedlam vs Shawn Summers, a feud that had some of the best buildup leading into BIB. I think it was clear the amount of effort and work that both CBK and Tommy had put in leading up to this one, and the way that it all paid off reflects on all of that.

I think overall this two-parter was well balanced between Night One and Night Two, that together make two really amazing shows to give us that sweet grand finale that Back in Business was known for. A lot of stories wrapped up here, and some new ones began. So I'll go through a quick rundown for both nights and say my favorite match, most shocking moment, etc.

Night One

Favorite Match
- For this I have to say it was Krash vs Jeremy Best. It goes back to what I was saying in regards to buildup, but part of that comes from the promo thread as well. Both of those promos were so good I didn't know WHO was going to win. I think out of all the Night One matches in fact, most of them I think were fairly easy to predict, but this one wasn't. I think from a kayfabe standpoint also it made sense for Krash to get the win here and break free from Jeremy Best. It was a good feel good moment, and the way the match was written helped capsulate the emotion that was in this intense feud. Honorable mention to the tag team title bout of course.

Favorite Segment - I low key loved the short Reagan Cole/Tommy Bedlam interaction. It's sort of awkward at first, but it plants a seed for maybe some more future interactions with Bedlam and Cole, and it's sort of like this shared "Yeah we both hate Shawn Summers" energy. I didn't really care for it as much on the first read, but after what went down with Cole and his partners in the trios tournament on night two, it would be fun to see Cole and Bedlam end up interaction in more of a mutual respect sort of deal going forward. I feel bad for Reagan, it feels like the dude just keeps getting betrayed. He can't trust a single person, but he wants to. You can see it with this interaction with Tommy, he's giving him all this support hoping that maybe Tommy will have his back someday. Honorable mention to the Trevor Walker vignette. Exciting to see what's going on with him? He sounds super cocky and I always laugh at characters who think past fed achievements mean something, but in a good way because it brings this super cocky heel energy that's always fun for new characters.

Most Shocking Moment - I think for me it's the MvH vs Snowmantashi ending. I'm not sure what I think about the countout ending specifically, but I'm glad that this happened to open the show instead of close it out. This was one of those matches I was excited about going in, but after the promo window it sort of was obvious going in so it lost some of the appeal. I in no way was expecting MvH to lose. But this was interesting because although she wins, Snowmantashi still looks super strong, and it sort of leaves MvH in this new limbo. I'm assuming we might get another short hiatus, akin to what we got following the Parr attacks a couple years ago. I'm not sure if it's the last we'll ever see of Snowmantashi vs MvH, a feud that has a long history, but I definitely think it's the end of that chapter. For MvH, I can't wait to see the chapter that she goes on from here. Low key wouldn't mind seeing her go after the NA or TV title soon, only two titles she hasn't won yet right? Another fun angle would be for her maybe return and restart the Woman's title division. It could reignite her feud with Bell Connelly, and also give spotlight to some female characters now that we have A LOT more than when that title went under.

Bittersweet Moment - Kayfabe wise, I am lowkey disappointed that Mike Parr didn't get the win against Bryan Baxter. In a way! I didn't actually read either promo for this one, and so I wasn't sure what to expect. But Mike Parr is the face of the NA Title, and it felt right for him to reclaim it AGAIN at the grandest stage of them all. However, I said when I reviewed the promo where Parr won the Number One Contendership for this match, that it'd be better for Parr if he didn't win (and low key I didn't think he was going to for that match). Parr has proven all he has to for the NA Championship. Like all he has to. He could never touch it again and he'll go down as the face of that championship. So he didn't need this win. What winning would've done is held him back...I think Mike Parr is one of the last few names who are LONG LONG LONG due for a world title reign. Saint Sully, Randy Ramon, Danny Toner, Krash, Alyster Black...they've all had their moment now. Chris Peacock wasn't waiting in the wings as long but he has it now too. Parr I think it's ten years now in the fed, and he's still waiting for it. Maybe right now it seems like there are other things going on, but I don't know, I think this is good news for Parr. I think Parr's goal should be to stop at NOTHING to get that world championship. Hopefully this loss motivates him more than ever, and doesn't take a blow to morale.

Night Two

Favorite Match
- Tommy Bedlam vs Shawn Summers to open things up was perfect. The way that match was written perfectly encapsulated all of the raw emotion and heat in this feud, and also the work that was put into it. I low key LOVE the way that this played out, with Summers keeping the TV Title but Tommy claiming the X Title. If Tommy wins both belts, we're still stuck in this situation where we have yet another double champ, and so...does he keep defending the belts at the same time, does he defend both belts in one night? How does it work going forward? It's awkward, and plus I sort of think a double champ should earn that...by winning one title and then winning another. Beating a former double champ for both belts seems like a shortcut? So either way I'm glad that it's avoided, and it gives a super mega heel Summers something to keep bragging about. It appears as though he'll be vacating the TV title, so if he comes back he can brag that he's never lost it...maybe win it for a third time and be the face of that TV Title himself? Meanwhile Tommy Bedlam gets a well deserved first championship with the X Title, a belt that seems like it just fits him, and he gets the second win to get a 2 out of 3 victory over his rival...which kayfabe wise seems like a fitting ending to this story. Honorable Mention goes to the Trios Tournament, because how can I not? I absolutely LOVE the push that Trixie got throughout this match. I'd like to think that in like 2 years time we can talk about the moment that Trixie showcased herself to the world as a legitimate competitor, and we'll be able to pinpoint her performance in this battle royal. It was awesome to read as one of Trixie's biggest fans, and OOC that promo wasn't going to ever win if I was writing it alone. My boy Welsh has been a fantastic partner, and I feel like the two of us just make a really good team.

Favorite Segment - I LOVED the XYZ segment. It was silly and yet intense at the same time, and I felt like I had shivers running down my spine reading it. Like it legit got my hyped the fuck up for XYZ. It sort of also was like this message from TGO the handler saying...I'm here, I'm refreshed, and I have this energy and motivation that I haven't felt in quite some time for this character, so be on the lookout because he's coming. Honorable mention to the backstage interview with FTN to low key hype us up for the upcoming WP vs DP match, and the segment soon after between Alyster and Peacock before the main event. Both really show the chemistry between Peacock and Alyster. There is a lot of intensity between the two right now, and I'm sort of curious to see how it ends up boiling over now that we have a former rival of Alyster's returning to challenge Peacock.

Most Shocking Moment - THE RETURN OF THE ROCKSTAR. It's fitting...it was a year ago when he went down to Krash? Or has it been longer? I think a Randy Ramon return has been long overdue, but with him being inducted into the Hall it is perfect timing. I think if anything was going to bring Ramon back it was a Chris Peacock feud. And like I alluded to above, with Alyster and Peacock not exactly being in a great loving partnership, but Alyster also HATING Ramon...things might get interesting? Honorable mention to the return of Josh Drake.

Bittersweet Moment - For the bittersweet moment of the night, it's the main event. I sort of went back and forth on who I wanted to win this one, and truly deep down couldn't pick a side. I think both had a lot at stake here. For Chris Peacock, winning here was something that I think would establish him as the best world champion since Saint Sully's 407 day reign. The title has been a proverbial hot potato since the brand split, but I have to count up the days...I feel like Peacock now has held it longer than anyone in this new era? Beating a legend like Cyrus Truth in the main event of BIB is something that I think establishes Peacock officially as the face of this current crop of elite. Meanwhile, the bitter part is the loss for Cyrus Truth. I felt like Cyrus Truth returning to World Title glory has been a story long in the making, but it also felt sort of like Gabrielle's hunts (and fails) for the World Title, with this lingering idea that maybe the prime is over. This loss to Peacock definitely brings up this question of...is Cyrus Truth's prime done? Have new stars like Peacock, Alyster Black, MvH, Randy Ramon, Danny Toner taken over for good? Or is this just another chapter on the long road for the Vagabond King? No matter who WON this match, a fantastic promo was going to be given a loss. But you don't belong in the main event of Back in Business if that's not the case right?

Overall, I think if I had to pick one between Night One or Night Two I'd have to go with Night 2. The stakes were higher, with a lot of intense feuds coming in a close (Bedlam vs Summers, MvH vs Snowmantashi, Cyrus vs Peacock) along with some big title winning moments (Bedlam becoming X Champion, and the Trios Battle Royal conclusion).

The FWA Anniversary Show looks fire right now. The Golden Opportunity Match for starters...WP is still in, but rumor has it this will be opening up which adds some mystery. I think with the return of Randy Ramon into the fold, this match has even more at stake. I say this because looking at the opponents right now, I feel like Alyster Black is like two levels above the rest. That's not a slight to the rest, but more so just a note on how good Alyster has been. I really like the story possibilities of Alyster being the GO holder. If Chris Peacock is still World Champion...you've got a lot to work with, especially after some intense moments between the two at this BIB show. OR...maybe Randy Ramon is the champion, and then Alyster Black can redeem his partner with a reignition of Golden Rock vs Gangstars.

Tommy Bedlam defending the X Title against XYZ is also fun. Like I said, it feels like TGO has this energy I haven't seen in awhile, and I feel like he's going to come to play HARD to get that title. XYZ is definitely going to be a change of pace for Bedlam after going toe to toe with Shawn Summers, so it'll be interesting to see how Tommy adapts.

And lastly, it looks like we're going to be getting a tournament now for the Trios Championships. Something that we'll likely get to enjoy with some good buildup through the next set of shows.

Overall, a great showing for winners and losers both! If you won this weekend, congratulations to a well earned win. If you didn't, it happens. This is one of the hardest shows to get a win at because everyone is usually giving it their all. If you put in your best work, and you are leaving BIB with some sort of story to build off of for your character...you're still a winner. If you're feeling down and feel like this loss signals the end for your character, message me...we'll brainstorm together if you want just where you can take things.

Thank you again to the staff that helped put this together, and everyone else who helps engage with this fed to keep it going as strong as it has for the last 18+ years.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Since I am mildly in a better mood, seeing if I can write my own mini-review of night two while listening to Tommy and Jay's own review which has already made me break out in laughter multiple times.

Pre-Show:

What- is- life?

Opening:

With the results, I think it ended up following the most classic booking for any 2 out of 3 falls with a heel win then the babyface coming from behind. I think CBK and Tommy did a great job writing this match. Nice contrasting entrances with Summers ditching some flamboyance and Bedlam going with a badass motorcycle. Then growing desperation from Summers near the end before the feel good ending and DSI reunion. CBK's vacating of the TV title after, I know this may sound crazy from me, but for multiple reasons it is rough on me. Genuinely hope CBK is back in some form sooner or later. I hope Tommy's able to have a good quality title reign, whether he has it long or if he loses to XYZ at Ann, he goes down fighting. Great job guys.

Trios:

Goddamnit, so close. But with how Sully and Welshy have developed great chemistry and seeing Welshy improve, great choices for first Trios Champions and there's going to be some potential for future storylines with them. Though I'm sure some people are gunning for them ;)

As for the write-up, SS did very well. I've seen cases of battle royales with many moving parts just being a mess, but it flowed well, with some showcase moments, especially with Trixie having a star making performance and a very fun final three. Also OOC, seeing Jonny being final three with Welshy, then mine, a final three featuring handlers who have came thanks to WS is kind of a nice moment and it is also nice to see Jonny thriving already with one of his first characters outside of the TORN Universe. He had Marquise in AMA briefly, did well, but due to the gap lost a lot of interest. But he seems to be enjoying writing for him. So: Well written match and SS, the work you did made me excited for whats next for the Trios Championships. Congrats to Sully and Welshy.

Brother vs Brother:

Blizz, I saw you when you debuted many years ago. If you told me that you'd eventually write a match in a fed's Mania show, I'd be shocked, but you've improved a lot. And there's some solid violent action in it with a lot of moving parts. Maybe the ending had a lot of "overbooked" madness, but it worked given the story. This is genuinely your first written match on an e-fed show, and you hit a homer with it. Good job, Blizz.

Ratin vs Steve:

-What did I just read? What... Did I read? What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck.

OH AND IT ALL ENDS WITH A JOSH DRAKE JOKE! WHAT THE FUCK IS LIFE!?

WP vs "The Black Dragon" Alyster Black (Pitching that nickname for you, Rawr.)

It's unfortunate we us seeing Jon leave we expected the finish. I also think it is unfortunate we got another Count-Out result on night one featuring the same handler. Just because we don't see Count Out results often, especially on big shows, and you see two. So that is a bit strange but happens occasionally in an e-fed with two matches on a card having similar finishes. But, taking that aside, I got serious King's Road vibes for this match and I say that with all the praise. Hard hitting, endurance, story telling. Sometimes you just need a match where you beat the piss out of each other and this fills that gap. Also, while I am iffy on two count outs, I'm glad this story was told completely differently with MvH vs Jon Snowmantashi having Jon decimate MvH and leave on his own accord. This is just a case of both of them not wanting to stay down and a count-out being the only way to end it (With WP being potentially injured to write Jon out of GO). So good job Rawr. Made this match stand out.

Main Event:

We all were rooting for Cyrus from a personal stance. But unfortunately, it happens with the "hero" losing. Taking kayfabe aside, it is a well earned win for Peacock. But if there is something I REALLY Want to talk about it is the finish of this match. Like I'm not even talking about the post-match shocker. But just Cyrus being stuck in the Commentator's Curse, fighting with all his heart but afterwards just deep down, realizing the injuries from the hold have caught up, but there's still some defiance, Peacock knowing people are going to hate him for this but accepting it. Truth went down with dignity and honour, fitting the character. Man, great job.

Then the ending, RIIIIISE

He returns from the dead! I sadly missed his work since I'm still new, but I hear so many good things about him, Hall of famer, I'm hoping for a good match as a follow up to this whether title match or not.

Overall, for my first BIB, it was a blast to read through the show even if Ratin/Steve and the pre-show match... Made me question reality itself. Once again, thank you everyone involved.

Last edited:
Reactions: WelshyBOI

Jazz Wolf

Friendship Wolf
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shannonmoore
So this was fuckin' amazing.

Fantastic show, lads. I wasn't around for the Live Read but I imagine there's more than a few highlights. (Oh, to be a fly on the wall at the FTN entrance...) Full review, here we go! Took a few days but I'm busy, cut me some slack.

NIGHT ONE

MvH vs Snowmantashi:
The ending might come off as anticlimatic, but I think I ended up loving it. For years now, Snowmantashi has been MvH's 'The One.' The Moby Dick to the Captain Ahab, so to say, in a one-sided affair, as to Snowmantashi, MvH has just been a particularly annoying gnat. Either way, Snowmantashi was retiring, the big question was whether MvH would be retiring with him. There's nothing in this for Snowmantashi, his result is going to be the same regardless. So I think it's a very neat ending for Snowmantashi to voluntarily quit after handing MvH's ass to her, as a sort of 'fuck you. You get to live with the fact that you can't beat me.' If Snowmantashi pinned her, MvH could accept that she was beaten by the best and go out on top - probably making snide remarks all the while, but accept it, all the while. If MvH pinned Snowmantashi, she finally gets that itch scratched, and vanishes the one that got away and has something to boast about that a slim handful of people can boast about. But Snowmantashi taking the countout loss is essentially him giving her the middle finger in a way that this force of nature rarely does. It forces MvH's victory to be a hollow, unearned one - Sure, she ended up getting that dub but that's not going to scratch that itch or really tick Snowmantashi's name off her list. Which means the next character development MvH goes through will be very, very interesting to watch. What an opener. Between this and Kennedy last year, MvH is starting a streak of banger BIB openers.

Tommy Bedlam & Reagan Cole segment: I enjoyed it. Considering Cole's history of always seeming to shack up with people who ditch, betray, or just want the worst for him, it felt nice to see him try to extend an olive branch to Tommy. It's a reminder that Reagan isn't that bad of a guy, he's just stuck in a shit situation. Dads gotta look out for other Dads, y'know? It's a Dad eat Dad world out there. Or something. Idk. Point being, I enjoyed it, and felt like it added a little bit extra to Bedlam/Summers, in that there's people out the back rooting for Bedlam.

FTN vs dayspring/nightfall vs Aka Manto: Fuck everything else that happens this year, that FTN entrance is my moment of the year. No question. I can only wish I was available during the live read to head the reactions to the CUM TRUCK. It's BIB, you either go big or go home, and brother, they went big. Anyway. Fun car crash of a match, enjoyed the thread of Black not wanting to fight Makima, while also being 100% willing to throw Peacock into the line of fire, and how it played into the finish of FTN's anti-teamwork giving them the W.

Trevor Walker segment: Carny's gotta carny.

Katsu vs El Vengador: Fuck yeah Ground Zero build. If there's one criticism, and it's a very minor nitpicky one, is that Vengador probably shouldn't be up to shake Katsu's hand so soon after the phoenix splash/pinfall. Dictacting the flow of time during text can come off as difficult, but the way it was written feels like Vengador took the pinfall, then pretty much instantly sat up for the handshake since there was nothing stating otherwise. At the very least a paragraph break of descriptive text between the ending and the handshake would've done a good job of having Vengador sell the effects of the match, buuuuuut it's just a nitpick and doesn't take anything away from the match itself, which was a pretty fun bout. Katsu having a 1v1 spotlight match at BIB is fantastic, and I sure hope Dubb's plate isn't too full because I need more El Vengador lore.

XYZ vs Jason Randall vs Death Walker: This one felt like it went by a touch too fast - which isn't necessarily a bad thing, on a card where most of the matches will be trying for that long epics, an all-out sprint lends itself well, especially considering the contrasting characters involved in this multiman. Love XYZ, any card where the dream never dies is a card worth reading several times over. One has to imagine Randall & Walker aren't quite finished with each other, which begs the question of what would be next for them. My answer? A 'fuck off, I bet I can out-violent you' tag team.

Mike Parr vs Bryan Baxter: Unfortunately a forgone conclusion with Prodigy being unable to promo. The storylined aspect helps save face, turning this into more of a segment rather than a match, giving Parr a bit of protection and enabling him to save some face, as well as giving Baxter that extra bastardly edge.

Tommy Bedlam & Johnny Johnson segment: Everyone wants to talk to Tommy! I bet they're saving the Shawn Summers segments for night two. Jay's been teasing this Johnson Faction for a while now, curious to see who'll be in it. We did just get an evil surgeon.

Lizzie Rose vs Keres: This is not canon, because everyone knows Lizzie's full name is Lizardbeth, not Elizabeth. Common mistake.

Anyway - this really scratched the Lucha Underground itch of mine. High stakes, character changing, built on unique lore, played dead serious. The commentary did an excellent job of selling how horrifying the entire structure - and by extension, Eternal's antics - are. The spots that, rightly, should've killed either competitors gives credence to the match's otherworldly aura. Call me someone who sees things that aren't there, but I got the vibe that the TORN universe or the Garden of Eden itself refuses to let either competitor die, not until there's been a satisfactory conclusion. With the ending marks a MASSIVE change of character for Lizzie, creating a lot of interest in what happens next. Great stuff.

Krash vs Jeremy Best: I cannot say enough good things about Dubb. Dude is a creative genius and an absolute workhorse, and should be right up there with world title contention. It has been an absolute joy working with Dubb and helping put this story together while juggling other promo shit, dude is amazing. I don't think I can comment on the match itself since I helped write parts of it, but I can say for certain that Dubb tackled the ending so it was a surprise for me, and he fucking nailed that cinematic visual. The one hand, poking from the dirt, extended for a that abandoned connection... Beautiful. Someone dig his ass up and put him in the world title contention, pronto - at least this year when someone died we know where they are.

... shit I could've started a streak of dying every BIB, fuck. FUCK. GODAMNIT.

NIGHT TWO

Sting Ray vs Funky Fedora: Sting Ray is my forever hero for responding to the suggestion that he should dance with a bout of intense violence. RIP THE MAN, gone but never forgotten. Heart goes out to Sting Ray for the heartbreaking loss, hopefully he'll pop in a managerial role if in-ring action isn't cut out for him.

Something something yay ngw or such, idk, doesn't feel like a win when it's at the hands of Funky Fedora.

Tommy Bedlam vs Shawn Summers: This was fucking amazing. This was one of the top matches I was looking forward to most and a potential main event in it's own right, and it DELIVERED. Summers having no entrance music so he can revel in the hate is such a fantastic touch, especially contracted with Tommy's badass biker entrance. The titles being split a fall apiece is probably the most perfect way it could've gone, capped off with the unexpected and fantastic return of CHRIS FUCKING CROWE, HELL TO THE YEAH. Great, great match.

XYZ segment: holy shit XYZ swore this is groundbreaking stuff. XYZ setting himself up as Tommy's first challenger for that X title is going to be FUN.

Trios Battle Royal: FUCK YEAH BATTLE ROYALS. God I love battle royals and I'm not sure why. It's genuinely outstanding that out of this entire field, only one team was a jobber team for numbers. Y'know, Reagan Cole gets a lot of shit but I do feel sorry for him sometimes. Dude's had a rough go, and now his partners ditch him, like, immediately. A part of me was hoping Reagan would somehow withstand the whole thing and be a one-man Trios team for... A week or so at most. Great ending too, with the final three all being 'new blood' so to say.

Princess Nova segment: Her name is Lizardbeth damn you

Al Blizzard vs Jason Quinn: I've always sort of wanted a card where every match is a handler competing against themselves - eg, Jimmy King's Jackson Fenix vs Jimmy King's Jason Randall, or a 21-person battle royal exclusively featuring AON's characters - so I was interested in how this one would go. I think, for the most part, it went pretty well? There's a drawback that is almost entirely my fault because when the likes of Sophie & Robert Steel came in, I found myself having to go back and re-read the promos to remember who they were and what their importance to this was. Which, again, is primarily on me. A bit too heavy on the dialogue, but still a fun, drama-filled match, and if nothing else, Jason Quinn seems like someone who could potentially fill the void of Shawn Summer's 'detestable heel.'

FTN segment: Good ol' noncommunicative communication, that's the FTN brand.

Ratin Mikichin vs Steve the Techno Vampire: MOTY no further notes.

What a beautiful shitpost. No, that's not saying it right - this was a shitpost with a heart. With passion, with care, behind it. My eyes are watering at the ending - may Ratin & Steve get the happily ever after ending they truly deserve. Don't know if Akihiko Kawaguchi here is a one-off for story purposes or leading to an eventual return, but it's nice to see him back anyway, never the less, to help put a bow on the beautiful, beautiful story he started.

Stay tuned for the hottest new sitcom, Technokini: A Bat & A Rat's Rythmic Journey Around The World, only on HBO Max.

weaselperson vs dragonperson: Two countout endings in the same show miiiiiiight be a touch much, but I think the context between the two helps give each their own meaning. MvH/Snowmantashi was a voluntary exit to fuck over a rival and make their complex go into high gear - this one was weaselperson's body giving out on them after being pushed to his limit. If WP was the agressor in hitting the final move, he could've likely managed to roll back into the ring as Black's arm gave out. It's two dudes trading nukes until one of them dies from the fallout. Outstanding, hard-hitting stuff.

FTN segment 2: damnit don't ruin the vibe

Chris Peacock vs Cyrus Truth: I read both promos multiple times over and came out with a draw, so I have no fucking clue who'd win this. What I do know it that it was fan. fucking. tastic. The journey of Chris accepting his role as the villain in this story and leaning into it was just wonderful, and Cyrus' resolve was on point, determined to the bitter end. Some may wonder what's next for Cyrus. I know exactly what's next - he's going to beat the piss out of Allen Price and we're going to love it. You don't cost Cyrus the gold here, once on dubious accident, once on purpose, and not expect to get killed for it. Konchu & Epsilon just started fight against Price, but it only the start of the real revenge. As for Chris, is this the return... Of the Boogeyman?

OH IT'S THE RETURN OF RANDY RAMON HERE WE FUCKIN' GOOOOOOO

Amazing show. Well done to the staff, the writers, the promos, everyone who played a part in putting this together. Just marvelous, wonderous stuff. Love y'all.

Last edited: