FWA 'Back in Business XVII' || Card & Discussion Thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
the FANTASY WRESTLING ALLIANCE
proudly presents
BACK IN BUSINESS XVII.

Live from Estadio Azteca in Mexico City, Mexico.
Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd July, 2023.

100.jpg

Only on the WCNetwork.

PAseCQu.jpg

navy.png

XBhFzzb.jpg

NIGHT TWO MAIN EVENT - 1/60.
Chris Peacock
[c] vs. Cyrus Truth.
Singles Match for the FWA World Championship.
Match writer: Man.

Chris Peacock finally realised his dream at Back in Town, when he defeated Devin Golden to not only retire ‘the Rotten Gold’ but also to claim his first FWA World Championship. ‘Disco’s Last Warrior’ went on the successfully defend the belt at the Grand March, overcoming the challenge of F1 winner Michelle von Horrowitz and runner-up Cyrus Truth. That rivalry with ‘the Exile’, which has been at times bitter and ill-tBurrempered, will roll on into Mexico City, thanks to Truth winning his second Carnal Contendership match in Nashville in April. Truth has held the belt in question for a record-setting seven hundred and ninety five days, and will no doubt be looking to start his fourth reign in Night Two’s main event. After a long period of stony silence on the subject of one another from the pair, who have almost verged on indifferent during the path to Back in Business, the explosive contract signing between the Exile and the champion on Fallout 031 set the scene for this battle.

navy.png

NIGHT ONE MAIN EVENT - 1/60.
Jeremy Best
vs. Krash.
Buried Alive Match.
Match writer: Dubb & SJW.

There has been no greater transformation in 2023 than that of Jeremy Best, who began the year in shocking fashion when he revealed that he had found what (or who) everyone had been looking for since last year’s Back in Business in Rio: Krash. The White Wolf, in a much-changed form himself, was revealed at the climax of ‘the Krash Memorial PPV’, and for months afterwards Best paraded this shell to the world, quickly becoming one of the least popular members of the Fantasy Wrestling Alliance in the process. That was until the conclusion of Meltdown XXXI, when Krash spurned Jeremy’s friendship and cast it aside, leading to Best - on Fallout 031 - claiming that this new, revived Krash isn’t the real one, and that Mexico City would see the imposter buried alive. The match was made official and announced as Night One’s main event, bringing to a close Saturday’s action in conclusive fashion.

navy.png

ALSO FEATURING…
(match listing is not indicative of order, which - as with last year - will be revealed on the night)

AUoq8Jl.jpg

1/60.
Bryan Baxter
[c] vs. Mike Parr.
Singles Match for the FWA North American Championship.
Match writer: Dubb.

Bryan Baxter became the FWA North American Champion on November 26th, 2022, when he defeated Lizzie Rose on Fallout 022. His most recent defense of the belt came at the Grand March, which saw Baxter overcome the challenge of Konchu Hao, with the member of the Buddy System overcoming ‘the Mad Wizard’ even as a mystery challenger. He will have no such obstructions at Back in Business XVII, with his challenger already decided when Mike Parr defeated Jackson Fenix to become the number one contender. Parr is, of course, very familiar with the belt that will be on the line in Mexico City, having held it a record four times, his most recent reign with the belt ending in August of last year.

navy.png

yeDPlRN.jpg

3/-.
Shawn Summers
[c] vs. Tommy Bedlam.
Three Stages of Hell Match for the FWA X Championship and the FWA Television Championship .
Match writer: CBK and T-Bedz.

The rivalry between Shawn Summers and Tommy Bedlam is descending into true 'scorched earth' territory, as both men are going to (potentially) settle things once and for all at Back in Business in a match where literally everything could be on the line. Summers - in a haze of anger about Bedlam's presence in his life - offered to put up both of his championships against Bedlam, with a separate stage of the match dedicated to each championship. The precise make up of the match was later revealed by Tommy Bedlam (with match stipulations added by Jon Russnow via FWA.com following Fallout XXXI): the first fall will be a regular one-on-one match for the FWA Television Championship, the second fall an X Rules match for the FWA X Championship, and the final fall a bullrope match for the naming rights to his unborn child (with Der Basterd indicating that he will be called Shawn). A lot, both professionally and personally, is on the line between Summers and Bedlam, in a match designed to bring closure to a feud that has spanned much of 2023.

MOD NOTE: this match will feature 3x2000 word promos from the two handlers. The following stipulations are placed on the promos:
- first promo: western themed.
- second promo: description focused (max 200 words dialogue).
- third promo: promo as your opponent (CBK writes a Bedlam promo, Tommy writes a Summers promo).

navy.png

-/-.
FTN
(Chris Peacock and Alyster Black) [c] vs. dayspring/nightfall (Makima Snowmantashi and Zom Gippy) vs. Aka Manto (Aka Yurei and Keiko Hirabayashi)..
Triangle Ladder Match for the FWA World Tag Team Championships.
Match writer: Man.

Chris Peacock has two championship bouts at Back in Business, with FTN going into Mexico City with the FWA World Tag Team Championships. He and Alyster Black will be walking into a Ladder Match against two other tandems. The first team to earn their spot was dayspring/nightfall with a win (coincidentally in a three way match), with the second team being the victors between Aka Manto and two of the Nephews, Harry and Quiet, in their match on Fallout 031. Aka Manto went on to win that match, booking their ticket in this three-way on the grand stage in Mexico City. Aka Yurei has already been a tag team champion, with Reagan Cole as part of the Spirit Walkers, and the team of Makima and Zom took the Connection to a draw two weeks before FTN claimed the prize for themselves.

navy.png

qb6w4kC.jpg

-/–.
Cthulhu’s Nephews
(Maid of Death, NOE-I, and Kha’’rina Halruzh) vs. The Bad Boys Boy Band (The Backstreet Boy, In-Sync, and Mike Stand) vs. YOKAI Death Squad (Katsu, Cali Hayama, and Ririko) vs. The Undisputed Xperienx (Jackson Fenix, Nate Savage, and Xperienx Xtacee) vs. The Lumberjacks (Doug LuPone, Dan LuPone, and Lucy LuPone) vs. The Coven (Blair Ravenwood and Celestia Ravenwood) and Trixie Bordeaux vs. Necessary Evil (Reagan Cole, Jeffry Mason, and TYLER) vs. ??? (???, ???, and ???) vs...
Open Entry Battle Royale for the FWA Trios Championships.
Match writer: SS.

Jon Russnow shocked the world when he announced that Back in Business would see the inception of the FWA Trios Championships. Inaugural champions will be crowned by a battle royale, with Russnow telling us in a later press release to expect surprises, as this match will be completely open in terms of who can enter. Since then, a whole host of teams have thrown their names into the hat, including representatives of Cthulhu’s Nephews, YOKAI Death Squad, the Coven, and Necessary Evil. The peculiar team of Nate Savage, Jackson Fenix, and Xperienx Xtacee, dubbed the Undisputed Xperienx, have built up momentum since their formation, picking up a win over the Bad Boys Band on Fallout XXXI, who are also amongst the field in this one. Expect more surprise entrants in Mexico City as we crown the inaugural FWA Trios Champions.

MOD NOTE: A handler is allowed a maximum of ONE solo entry, where they are the only author of the promo, but there is no limit on collaborative entries in this match. There is a 3000 word count limit for promos in this match, with one promo permitted per team.

navy.png

w02I5bp.jpg

1/60.
Michelle von Horrowitz
vs. Jon Snowmantashi.
Singles Retirement Match.
Match writer: SS.

This rivalry dates back to 2015, when Michelle von Horrowitz won CWA’s Wrestle Royale battle royale match, setting up a main event at Five-Star Attraction, the company’s flagship show, between the newcomer and the CWA World Champion. This man happened to be Jon Snowmantashi, thus beginning an eight year rivalry that comes to a head at Back in Business. MvH lost that first encounter back in early 2016, and was also pinned by the kaiju during a ‘Steel Roulette’ match later in the year. They would meet once more, in 2021, when they fought to a draw as part of the CWA’s Gold Rush tournament. This is one white whale that Dreamer has been unable to catch, and now she puts everything on the line to lure Snowmantashi into this final battle. The kaiju intends to retire anyway, and if MvH cannot overcome him in this contest, she will join him in never wrestling again.

navy.png

1/?.
Lizzie Rose
vs. Keres.
Garden of Eden Match [Barbed Wire Steel Cage Match - with winner decided by KO or ‘I Quit’].
Match writer: StarlightKid and Nostradamus.

Since Eternal arrived as a unit in the FWA, they seemed hell-bent on adding Lizzie Rose to their ranks with months of psychological and physical torture. These pursuits only increased when Lizzie teamed with close friend Joe Burr to defeat the sisters of Eternal at The Grand March, and Keres then put Burr out of action for an indefinite amount of time. With him out of the picture, Eternal believed they had successfully turned Rose to their side, but Lizzie defiantly rejected them and struck Princess Nova before challenging Keres to a Back in Business match, where Keres is being allowed to choose the stipulation. Eternal announced the stipulation on Fallout 031, with Keres’ partner Princess Nova announcing that at Back in Business, you and my sister will be locked in … a barbed-wire wrapped cage: no ropes. no gloves, with plenty of weapons to play with. The only way to win the match will be knockout or by verbal submission in the form of an utterance of I Quit, promising a conclusive end to this long-running emotional rollercoaster.

navy.png

1/30.
weaselperson
vs. dragonperson.
Singles Match.
Match writer: rawr and wp.

weaselperson came desperately close to booking his place in the Night Two main event during the Carnal Contendership match, where he finished in second place, losing out to Cyrus Truth. He has continued on a tear since that match, recording impressive victories against ‘the Exile’ and the world champion Chris Peacock by submission and knockout respectively. weaselperson has surely entered himself into the conversation for a future title shot, but in the meantime he’s had trouble securing a one-on-one match against Peacock’s FTN partner Alyster Black. In Black Jesus’s absence, weaselperson instead has dragonperson to deal with, the two going bark-for-rawr in a thrilling exchange last week on Meltdown XXXI. weaselperson will hope to keep his momentum going into the Anniversary Show’s Golden Opportunity match, whilst dragonperson will hope for success in what is (supposedly) his FWA debut.

navy.png

1/30.
Death Walker
vs. Jason Randall vs. XYZ.
Triple Threat Match.
Match writer: Jimmy.

The long-running rivalry between these three men will come to a head at Back in Business, where Death Walker, Jason Randall, and XYZ will compete in a triple threat match. Randall and Walker’s issues began before the Krash Memorial PPV, where both were involved in a four-way match for the FWA Television Championship. Since then, Death Walker has repeatedly targeted XYZ, with the two also going one-on-one as part of the King of the Deathmatch tournament, an encounter which Death would come out on top of. Tempers have continued to flare between these three men, culminating in the tense contract signing on Fallout XXXI where this one was made official.

navy.png

gRhgWJj.jpg

1/30.
Katsu
vs. El Vengador.
Singles Match.
Match writer: Jimmy.

El Vengador earned an FWA contract by virtue of winning Ground Zero Season Four, where Katsu (formerly known as Vampyra) was assigned as his mentor at the beginning of the competition. Katsu wanted to be the one to announce the arrival of her charge to the FWA formally, but El Vengador shocked the world when he instead turned on Katsu and laid her out. He subsequently has made it clear that Katsu was a mentor to him in mere name only and is wanting to make a name for himself at her expense at Back in Business.

navy.png

1/30.
Al Blizzard
vs. Jason Quinn.
No Disqualification Match (Falls Count Anywhere).
Match writer: Blizz.

This volatile relationship between brothers spilled over from Al Blizzard’s private life onto FWA screens, with Jason Quinn recently upping the ante by taking Blizzard’s family from him and parading them on-screen during Meltdown XXXI. The result is this match, which promises to be a bloody, brutal encounter where there are no disqualifications and no countouts, and the only way to win is by pinfall or submission. To add to the drama of this one, Al Blizzard needs to overcome his brother in order to get his family back, making this perhaps the most high stakes match of his career.

navy.png

1/–.
Ratin Mikichin
vs. Steve the Techno Vampire.
Anything Goes Match.
Match writer: Man & AON.

The Anything Goes Match which began on Meltdown XXXI (and is still actually going on) between Ratin Mikichin and Steve the Techno Vampire will be permitted to continue in the ring on Night Two of Back in Business. This is after Jon Russnow relented on his previous stance of not permitting either man to compete on the show, thanks to some persuasion by the mysterious figure known as The Higher Power. This rivalry WILL end in Mexico City and the question of who is better will be answered once and for all.

navy.png

PLUS!
on the Night Two pre-show…

1/20.
Sting Ray
(w/ Stop Sign #3) vs. Funky Fedora (w/ Bell Connelly).
Singles Match.
Match writer: SS & AON.

Following a war of words online between FWA’s developmental brand Next Generation Wrestling and its side-hustle COSMIC Discord Wrestling, this match was set up, with the authority figures in both promotions picking their champions to settle bragging rights between NGW and CDW. NGW’s Bell Connelly chose the dancing and gyrating (at the expense of everything else) Funky Fedora, whilst CDW’s General Manager Stop Sign #3 chose Sting Ray of Cthulhu’s Nephews, which means we’ll finally settle the age-old question of who would win in a fight between a disco dancer and an anthropomorphic ray.

MOD NOTE: There is a 420 word count limit on promos in this match.

navy.png

Promo deadlines:

Pacific Time: Sunday 9th July, 23:59.
Eastern Time: Monday 10th July, 03:00 (am).
UK: Monday 10th July, 08:00 (am).
Istanbul: Monday 10th July, 10:00 (am).
Melbourne: Monday 10th July, 17:00.

There are no extensions. Good luck!

Last edited:

Jabberwocky

Reaction score
I'm glad to see the FWA is still going after all these years, especially considering this is it's 3rd home I believe. The landscape has changed and I'm not sure I recognize a single face/name since I left so long back. But happy to see it's still got life in it

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I'm glad to see the FWA is still going after all these years, especially considering this is it's 3rd home I believe. The landscape has changed and I'm not sure I recognize a single face/name since I left so long back. But happy to see it's still got life in it

Well, uh, Hi! I'm Rosie, one of the people who joined FWA when it came here. My characters are Katsu (and her stablemates from Japan) and Princess Nova. Nice to meet you.

Reactions: WelshyBOI

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
A pleasure, Rosie

I'm Ryan. My characters when active were Raquel Wednesday, Taylor Toxic, and most importantly, Ashley O'Ryan

Ah. The famous Ashley O'Ryan. Heard a lot about you on the discord.

Tig

Reaction score

im marking out rn.

I’m Danny Toner. Ete (Gabrielle just got inducted into HOF) and Shake (Rondo went in last year) are still around the discord and stuff. Jiggy (Chris Kennedy) was around up until BIB last year, and the odd time pops into our chat. TGO is still active (with XYZ, Devin Golden recently got retired). Mike Parr and his handler are still around, David Sullivan’s handler is still around (tho not as Sullivan at present). Trying to think of some more names that might ring a bell here… Randy Ramon’s handler is still around though not active as a roster member… Bell Connellys handler is still around (not active as Bell)… Cyrus Truth (idk if this was a little after your time maybe) is still around.

great to see you pop in.

Reactions: WelshyBOI

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to see the FWA is still going after all these years, especially considering this is its 3rd home I believe. The landscape has changed and I'm not sure I recognize a single face/name since I left so long back. But happy to see it's still got life in it

Hey, thank you for checking in mate. Whilst our paths have never crossed I know who you are haha.

I’m the current world champ and on staff (took over TGO’s role last year) so if you ever fancied one more shot at the big time you know where to find me! I believe you’re in our Discord (there’s someone called Ashley O’Ryan in there haha), but if you ever wanted to check in and talk to people a bit more. Again, awesome you dropped in, Ryan.

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
MOD NOTE: this match will feature 3x2000 word promos from the two handlers. The following stipulations are placed on the promos:
- first promo: western themed.
- second promo: description focused (max 200 words dialogue).
- third promo: promo as your opponent (CBK writes a Bedlam promo, Tommy writes a Summers promo).

This is cool idea kudos to the two of you

• Love
Reactions: Tommy Bedlam

AON

Sup.
Reaction score
Well, this is it, boys and girls. The biggest show of the year, good luck to all, and let's hope for a full house showing. Let's make it the best one yet.

• Love
Reactions: Mandalorian