Fuji's Micro Reviews

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
At this point I think it's a pretty well known fact that I watch A LOT of movies, perhaps even too many at times. Of course it also stands to reason that I've got something to say about each and every one of them, but sometimes I feel like a full on Fuji review wouldn't be required to get it all out. Yes indeed, even I can be less than verbose when it comes to certain movies, and not because they're bad or uninteresting, just because I get tired of writing 1,500 words about things that may only appeal to me! That's right, I'm actually trying to save you all from sitting through lengthy ramblings about movies that you've never heard of before and that's where this little thread comes in. Rather than give the movies in here the full on treatment, I'll instead be giving a brief synopsis, some general comments, a few funny thoughts and a rating. Hopefully this will give you the general gist of these movies and even get you to check some of them out. I'll be updating this thread periodically so keep checking back for more movie madness!

Fast & Furious 6

Plot: Whizz, boom, bang, hot men and women drive cars and get into fights.

Comments: I saw this last week and found that it was basically a greatest hits package of the previous five films in the series. That of course was a problem for me, since I didn't find there to be any particular hits in those last films! When I wasn't laughing at Vin Diesel and Paul Walker setting the bar for acting at its lowest level ever, I was marvelling at the fact that people actually think Michelle Rodriguez is hot. No discernible plot here outside of "get us to the next fight/shoot/chase scene" and when a 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona is the best actor in your movie, you know you've got some serious problems. 3.5/10.

A Few Thoughts: How short is Vin Diesel? Seriously, EVERY person in this movie seemed taller than him including the Asian guy and Paul Walker's baby.

When did it become acceptable for a music video to be the intro to your movie? For that matter, when did it become acceptable to make an entire movie a music video?

Have you seen any modern special effects scene as poorly done as the one where Vin Diesel jumps from one car, catches Rodriguez in mid-air and lands on another?

Still of the Night

Plot: Roy Scheider bangs Meryl Streep but she may be plotting to kill him.

Comments: Kind of Hitchcock-like in execution, but unfortunately it's pace is way too slow to keep your interest throughout. There's some strong chemistry between the leads but the obvious twist at the end can be seen coming a mile away and doesn't even work properly when it happens. It was nice to see Larry Joshua (Glazer from "The Burning") as a mugger and the auction scene in this film rivals the one in Octopussy. 5.5/10.

A Few Thoughts: Chamber music doesn't really work in suspense thrillers.

Would you really give someone's address (where they go when they don't want to be found) to a total stranger when there's a killer on the loose?

If someone said my pre-Columbian art was fake, I'd punch them in the face with it.
Repo Man

Plot: Emilio Estevez tries to find his place in the universe while chasing down a car with alien bodies in the trunk.

Comments: Fucking awesome little gem from the 80's here, with standout performances from Estevez and the always great Harry Dean Stanton. Director Alex Cox has always been known for his off the wall stuff, and this film may be his greatest of all. The best character in the movie is Miller, played by Tracey Walter (you'd know him as Bob, the Joker's henchman in Tim Burton's "Batman") as a zoned out dude who spouts the most awesomely logical stuff you'll ever hear. Here's an example..."A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example, show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, "plate," or "shrimp," or "plate o' shrimp" out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconsciousness." Find this and watch it STAT! 8/10.

A Few Thoughts: If you see a green light glowing in the trunk of a car, you should probably run.

Would you really trust someone from the United Fruitcake Outlet?

Does driving more often really lower your intelligence?

That's it for today folks, stay tuned though, there'll be more coming tomorrow.

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
awesome stuff Fuji

F&F 6 I probably won't see but I am among those that finds M Rodriguez hot but only started doing so since Machete
Walker and Diesel's acting has never been good...ever

and I have shockingly never seen Repo Man....but I will go see if I can find a cheap Blu Ray copy of hit right...meow

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
and I have shockingly never seen Repo Man....but I will go see if I can find a cheap Blu Ray copy of hit right...meow
Thanks man, and yeah, check out Repo Man for sure, I've got a feeling you'll love it.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Although I will probably enjoy Fast 6 like have the other but number 2, just because I let myself just forget all logic while watching these films since the director also seems to do that too.

Along with Booty I have not seen repo man so another film I need to go find.

Good idea.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Thanks Wang, I figure this gives me a chance to get a lot more movies out there. I've already got another three lined up for tomorrow.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Thanks Wang, I figure this gives me a chance to get a lot more movies out there. I've already got another three lined up for tomorrow.

Great can't wait.

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
damn only blu ray out there is the Criterion and it's $20 plus shippping...guess I will just go for the plain ol DVD...

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
damn only blu ray out there is the Criterion and it's $20 plus shippping...guess I will just go for the plain ol DVD...
That's a pretty good deal, it's $41.99 here! Suffice to say, I didn't bother ordering it, just a rental for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
well considering I haven't seen the flick yet...I will just get the DVD for $6...I would just watch it online but my computer is a POS and can't really watch anything on it anymore

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
well considering I haven't seen the flick yet...I will just get the DVD for $6...I would just watch it online but my computer is a POS and can't really watch anything on it anymore
Good call, its not like the Blu Ray would look that much better anyway, given the time the movie came out and the budget.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Class of 1984

Plot: Idealistic teacher fights back against a gang of punk-ass students who run drugs through their high school

Comments: Not only was this movie shot right around the corner from where my office in Toronto is, it also seems to have the first appearances I can remember from both Michael J. Fox and Keanu Reeves. Anyhow, this is a fucking kick-ass exploitation piece with some brilliant acting, especially by Timothy Van Patten as the bad guy's leader. If you've seen The New Kids, think that but grittier and with more violence. 7/10

A Few Thoughts:Does getting high REALLY make you climb to the top of a flagpole because you think you can fly?

Would Michael J. Fox have been as successful if he hadn't added the "J" to his name?

If you ever want to see Cornelius from Planet of the Apes try to run people over with a car, this is the movie for you!

The Star Chamber

Plot: Idealistic judge gets in over his head when he joins a secret society of vigilante justices who execute criminals that get off on technicalities.

Comments: All in all, this was a pretty damn good little thriller starring Michael Douglas (essentially playing himself) as the world's most honest judge. Seriously, this guy is so honest I'm surprised he didn't dress like Abe Lincoln, but by the end he learns what's what. Yaphet Kotto co-stars as a tough as nails cop (yes, I realize he played that role many times, but THIS WAS THE FIRST), while Don Calfa (mortician from Return of the Living Dead) plays a stoner. Catch it if you like things like The Firm or Magnum Force. 6/10

A Few Thoughts: Stealing a van that someone else already stole will get you in trouble every time.

Is it REALLY that easy to bring guns into a courtroom?

Why is Hal Holbrook ALWAYS a bad guy when he plays a lawyer, judge or cop?

Reversal of Fortune

Plot: Idealistic lawyer tries to prove that his client did not poison his wife to inherit her fortune.

Comments: This is based on a true story and the events play out exactly as they did in real life, with no alterations. Jeremy Irons is goddamn fucking brilliant here, winning an Academy Award for playing the sleazy but charming Klaus Von Bulow, while Glenn Close plays his comatose wife (and narrates the movie from this position). Considering the source material and the fact that its a legal thriller, this could have been really slow, but the acting and pacing make up for it and the end result kicks some major butt. Enjoy, but turn your brain on. 7.5/10

A Few Thoughts: It's nice to see Fisher Stevens with his fingers re-attached after he lost them in The Burning.

Ron Silver should ALWAYS play a lawyer, he just totally looks the part.

One of the richest women in the world, and she wears granny panties?!?!?

That's all for today, should have a couple of juicy ones up tomorrow.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The Purge

Plot: Normal citizens get to go nuts for 12 hours once a year because lord knows they aren't nuts the rest of the time!

Comments: I didn't expect much but I found The Purge was a decent way to spend an hour and a half. There's nothing life changing here, but the nifty little class struggle plot is redone in a way that doesn't make you think you've seen the same movie 857 times before. Here's hoping the sequel is even better. 6.5/10

A Few Thoughts: Ethan Hawke picks some really weird movies to star it.

Cersei + short black hair = insta-boner.

Does anyone remember RC cars? Man I loved those things so much!

Maniac

Plot: THERE'S A MANIAC ON THE LOOSE!!!!

Comments: However he looks like Frodo, so sometimes its hard to take him seriously. For the most part, this remake is great, with the majority of the film being shot in POV. This allows us a look into his mind, almost as if we're inhabiting his body, which is interesting. Really funky scene with a car hitting a body towards the end, and some pretty nasty violence for the gore patrol.7/10

A Few Thoughts: Seriously, the dude restores mannequins for a living, how could you NOT know he was a MANIAC?!?!

Nora Arnezeder + french accent = insta-boner.

Does anyone remember the video game "Maniac Mansion"? Man I loved that game so much!

Man of Steel

Plot: Seriously?

Comments: You've heard the story before, but never QUITE like this. Yes, instead of it being a succinct tale, this movie decides to drag it out for two and a half hours that you'll never get back. There's definitely some good (loved Krypton at the start, battle with Zod, Supes KILLING a bitch) but the bad really outweighs it. Still, fine enough that I'm not opposed to a sequel, so that's something I guess. 6/10

A Few Thoughts: I'm amazed Snyder and Nolan could stop blowing each other long enough to get this made.

Antje Traue + tight black costume = insta-boner.

Does anyone remember the Superman View Master? Man I loved that thing so much!

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Man I loved these reviews so much.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I would have to agree with you on Man of Steel. Although it was not horrible it did seem to drag. Some of those things could have been left out.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Man I loved these reviews so much.
Thanks, I think doing them this way is helping me to get back into the mindset of doing the long ones as well, but these are a lot more fun.

Wang Chung said:
I would have to agree with you on Man of Steel. Although it was not horrible it did seem to drag. Some of those things could have been left out.
Yeah, like a lot of the back-story that everyone already knows, the whole tornado scene, a bunch of the drawn-out battle in the streets and definitely the stuff with Perry White and that random chick that he's trying to save.