Fucking respect your mods/admins

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LadyHotrod

It really pisses me off to see people being pricks towards mods/admins in forums. I find it happens more to mods so I'll use mods for my rant, though the same thoughts go for admins.

I was appointed a mod spot in a forum a few years ago so I know what it is like to be a mod.

Just today, I log in my hotmail account and have a bunch of reported posts so I log in to the forum to check it out and people are having random bitchfests. I already warned them yesterday about it. Another mod warned them in another thread. They still go on and on in other threads.

This forum doesn't have a flame section like IWF and flaming is not at all tolerated. Everyone gets a warn in the thread and/or via PM.

The problem is, when a mod does nothing, people complain that the mods aren't doing their job but when a mod steps in, people start saying "you're power hungry just because you're a mod" so you really can't win. You do what you are supposed to and people tell you that you've got a big head, yadda yadda, yadda.

Anyways, I warn everyone and send the two latest idiots each a warning PM to stop the flaming and that if people are causing trouble, notify a mod or admin and we'll deal with it but these people just prefer to take it into their own hands and flame like smurfs, regardless of how many times you tell them to cut it out. One guy sends me a PM back whining that he got in trouble and seemed more concerned about whether or not the other people involved got a warning or not, as opposed to worrying about NOT getting in trouble again, how the mods "aren't doing their jobs properly" (yeah, okay kid, we only told you 10 times to shut the fuck up and you kept going), and tried to justify his flaming because he was "standing up for the forum". This guy seems to NOT comprehend that flaming isn't tolerated, PERIOD. It doesn't matter your reasoning, it is simply not allowed.

We also banned a guy about two years ago because all he did was flame so he decided to make a crappy forum of his own and bash all of the mods just because he was banned.

The point of this rant is, being a mod/admin isn't as easy as people think it is. You get shit on all the time just for simply doing your job to keep the forum running smoothly. Rules are rules. We don't make them just for shits and giggles. We make them and hope that people will abide by them.

It can be a huge headache. You get TONS of messages sent to you by people you warn and they complain about fairness yet they don't even know that we also warned other people. They just assume they are the only one who got a warning. You constantly get shit thrown at you for being a "nazi" just because you come in and break up a fight.

Seriously, just shut the fuck up and listen. It's for your own good. It's a huge hassle being a mod at times because people are crybabies. We don't sit on a high horse, we don't think we are better than you, we are simply doing our job.

the dark knight

It can be a huge headache. You get TONS of messages sent to you by people you warn and they complain about fairness yet they don't even know that we also warned other people. They just assume they are the only one who got a warning. You constantly get shit thrown at you for being a "nazi" just because you come in and break up a fight.

Seriously, just shut the fuck up and listen. It's for your own good. It's a huge hassle being a mod at times because people are crybabies. We don't sit on a high horse, we don't think we are better than you, we are simply doing our job.

thats what happened to me when i got the GFX sections. everyone turned on me and said im an asshole for doing my job properly. i never got that shit when i modded only the vip sections cuz only decent members go there and they dont really post anyway. and im not saying it annoyed me, i actually liked it. when i do something, i always felt kinda guilty doing it.

example: airfaxx...we had several PMs with each other over an infraction. i remember him apologizing if he annoyed me...when infact, i was happy that im discussing it with him. if im wrong, ill just reverse it. if im right, im not feelin guilty ya know? it takes a lot of your time, but its shit you get when you're a mod i guess.

the thing is though, some mods DO play with their powers for the lulz. so i disagree...most of the time, you're in no position to be judging someone's actions but doing it isn't a forum sin...at least imo.

Famou$ 187

Bring up the same old shit just because I speak the truth.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
i respect mods and admins only if i think they deserve their position and they actually do their job for the forum.unfortunately in most of the forums i've seen that just does not happen.so yeah, either respect or screw them.

LadyHotrod

thats what happened to me when i got the GFX sections. everyone turned on me and said im an asshole for doing my job properly. i never got that shit when i modded only the vip sections cuz only decent members go there and they dont really post anyway. and im not saying it annoyed me, i actually liked it. when i do something, i always felt kinda guilty doing it.

example: airfaxx...we had several PMs with each other over an infraction. i remember him apologizing if he annoyed me...when infact, i was happy that im discussing it with him. if im wrong, ill just reverse it. if im right, im not feelin guilty ya know? it takes a lot of your time, but its shit you get when you're a mod i guess.

the thing is though, some mods DO play with their powers for the lulz. so i disagree...most of the time, you're in no position to be judging someone's actions but doing it isn't a forum sin...at least imo.

In a certain wrestling forum, some of the mods are actually total dickheads and abuse their powers. I can totally understand someone being upset when that happens. That's a different story. You can get a clear grasp on who's abusing their powers and who isn't.

It's great when someone actually wants to talk to you about something in a mature manner. It's nice to see that a person will come forward in a good way and try to resolve the issue instead of sending a PM or littering the boards whining about you being a power hungry mod and how it isn't fair that they got in trouble.

Bring up the same old shit just because I speak the truth.

Whitey, I never said I don't complain. I'm a woman. It's my natural duty to complain about things. The difference between you and I is, I admit the truth. You try to play it off.

Famou$ 187

I admit the fucking truth. And truth is you can't stop fucking complaining for at least a day. Go at least a day not complaining & i'll do whatever the fuck you want.

the dark knight

In a certain wrestling forum, some of the mods are actually total dickheads and abuse their powers. I can totally understand someone being upset when that happens. That's a different story. You can get a clear grasp on who's abusing their powers and who isn't.

It's great when someone actually wants to talk to you about something in a mature manner. It's nice to see that a person will come forward in a good way and try to resolve the issue instead of sending a PM or littering the boards whining about you being a power hungry mod and how it isn't fair that they got in trouble.
i dont think its a different story....at least not on here lol. and if you think otherwise, about THIS forum, that cancels you saying "you can get a clear grasp on who's abusing his power"...cuz its obviously not so clear to you >_>

LadyHotrod

I admit the fucking truth. And truth is you can't stop fucking complaining for at least a day. Go at least a day not complaining & i'll do whatever the fuck you want.

I flame 99% of the time. That isn't complaining you douchebag.

You don't admit shit. You're white and pretend to be black. GOOD JOB!

i dont think its a different story....at least not on here lol. and if you think otherwise, about THIS forum, that cancels you saying "you can get a clear grasp on who's abusing his power"...cuz its obviously not so clear to you >_>

I wasn't talking about this forum because I don't really have much trouble with mods and don't really notice them doing anything wrong. I probably missed a lot of things that have happened in the past but, since I have been here, I haven't seen much to say that any of them abuse the power.

Not saying they don't abuse it, just saying I've never noticed.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
For the most part i don't quite pay attention to Mods or Admins differing from members. If i have a beef with somebody (like i did with LHR) then i will come out with it. I'm a very blunt person, but i always try to avoid flaming itself. I try to keep certain things in certain forums, and i follow the rules the best i can. I don't see why alot of people find it hard to do that. Mostly the people who backtalk to the Mods and Admins don't care too much anyway, and almost always come off as douchebags. I have so far had an easy time trying to be a quality poster here, but that's just me. Some people just need to realize that on a place like IWF, the Mods are Mods for a reason, and if they tell you to drop something, you should probably do that. lol.