Free Flow WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
Does anyone know where she has gone?

She's moving.

Thread is fail without xFrenchKissx around.

True.

Didn't really want to make a thread about this (realising this will probably be ignored but what the hell...) so I just wanted to ask what makes a good match for you, is it a solid wrestling match with some good mat wrestling, alot of crazy spots or something completely different?

I think a good match consists of many different forms of wrestling. Submissions, crazy spots, mat wrestling, and ameteur wrestling. A good match also has to have some good reason for you to root for one person in place of another, but not ALWAYS having everyone root for one person. Take HBK vs Taker WM 25. The streak was at stake. I was rooting for HBK, you may have been rooting for Undertaker. There was good crazy spots, like when Undertaker jumped over the top rope and landed on Sim Snuka the cameraman; There was great technical wrestling; and last but not least, it was suspenseful. It had me twisting and turning in my seat. I couldn't take my eyes off of it and that was probably the "it" of that match.
I guess his time machine stalled.

Do any of you remember a time when the only gimmick match was the steel cage?

That was before attitude era lol. What if Yokozuna vs Bret Hart from WM 9 was in a steel cage? Would it suck, or would it be even better?

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Old school steel matches were weird.....the cage was so fucking small compared to what it is now. There was still blood, though, which is more than what can be said about today's steel cage matches. Funny how a time where wrestling was even more geared towards kids had more blood than it does now.....

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Vince no longer bans the word "Wrestling" on WWE TV now.

lol

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
They actually looked more dangerous than the freaking fences they have now.

maty619

Reaction score
Random thought, could anyone see Cena dropping down to the Tag Team, US or IC title scene some point? I thought of this after reading someone's comment (sorry for not remembering who) in the draft thread saying even if Cena got drafted to SD he still has people to face that he has faced loads of times before, so I thought, he could face some mid card talent. This seems perfect, it stops him feuding against the same people, it gives other superstars the chance to shine as main eventers, he could get some young talent some much needed overness, it would also stop alot of the Cena hate because he would then not be WWE's superhero, just a norma-hero, which is where alot of the Cena hate seems to stem from. There is the obvious though, he is WWE's poster-boy and it could lose WWE alot of money because no one wants the US/IC champion in their adverts but it gives WWE some preperation for when he does retire. Thoughts?

LKP

Reaction score
Who should get pushed Mike Knox or Shad Gaspard?

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Who should get pushed Mike Knox or Shad Gaspard?

Both have been in WWE for quite sometime. They haven't amounted to anything within that huge time. To say that either guy would have a meaningful push if really far fetched. Everyone thinks since Cryme Tyme split that one or the other will get a huge push. What justifies that? One guy beat his tag team partner's ass who is probably just as bad as he is. Knox is just a lost soul, they would have had a better chance pushing...wait for it...RICKY ORTIZ.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
I am telling you WWE didn't know what sort of talent they had in Ricky Ortiz. Sure his gimmick was lame, but you can't put the blame entirely on Ricky Ortiz. WWE decreased his credibility right from the start. His name was Atlas Ortiz, which was a badass name, then all of a sudden the next week his name is Ricky. WWE really screwed that one up.

I hope Ricky Ortiz goes to TNA, maybe they can do to him what they did to Elijah Burke, correct WWE's misuse of talent.