Founding Member of Slayer Dead at 49

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Slayer guitarist and founding member Jeff Hanneman died earlier today of liver failure. He was 49.

Hanneman had been absent from the band in recent months due to his illness, with his role being filled by Exodus' Gary Holt.

The band’s longtime publicist issued the following statement today:

“Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11AM this morning near his Southern California home. He was 49. Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure. He is survived by his wife Kathy, his sister Kathy and his brothers Michael and Larry, and will be sorely missed.”

Billboard will have more on this news shortly.

Source: Billboard.com

As a big fan of Metal and rock, this is a pretty big blow for me. I've always been a Slayer fan and I am deeply saddened by this news.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
God damn, I'm not the biggest fan of their music but I have had many friends influenced by them. RIP

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
RIP Jeff. Awful news, just awful.

I hope Slayer doesn't continue without him. It just won't be the same.