Former WWE stars who are free to join TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
source: Wrestling-edge.com

– Chris Masters, David Hart Smith, Melina and Vladimir Kozlov are now free to join TNA Wrestling since their respective ninety-day no-compete clauses with WWE expired Thursday. All four wrestlers were released on August 5, 2011.

The clause prohibits released talent from appearing for wrestling promotions with national television outlets for ninety days.

Masters caused fans to speculate he would be joining the Orlando based promotion with a Twitter message he posted two days following his departure. He wrote, “After a day of digesting,I must say WWE wasn’t doing anything with me.So its probably best I go make my IMpact somewhere else.â€

Meanwhile, Melina was asked at last month’s pre-launch party for Saints Row: The Third if she has plans to join TNA. The former WWE Women’s Champion said she’s “still deciding.â€
Out of that list I see Masters and Melina joining TNA. Don't see Chris doing much there though while I think Melina could fit in well there and be a big part of the division.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Could see Masters and Melina going there also. Melina could do alright as a heel diva, but she prefers to be a face and I don't see that working. Masters wouldn't do shit but I could see them signing him.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Melina would definitley be a good addition to the KO's but they really don't need anybody new for quite some time yet.

Aniking

Reaction score
I agree with you guys - I see Masters and Melina being the likely ones to join. I see Kozlov gaining nothing from joining, whereas Smith's focus is on a possible MMA career.

I also agree with you guys again with Melina fitting into the Knockouts division well, but also with Masters not accomplishing very much there. They'd both be worth signing though.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
DH Smith is planning to do MMA or even wrestle in Japan.

I see Masters going to Japan or the indy circuit... Only Melina would go to TNA.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Melina seems like the perfect fit for TNA and I don't mean that in a good way. I think Masters could be big for a few months before going back to the same status he had in WWE.

Ben

Reaction score
I see Melina coming in the rest not so much. She would help bolster the KO division if there looking into get the in ring product better, just feel the rest of guys are pretty much a lot like the multitude of wrestlers they already have in the mid card.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that TNA will be most interested in Chris Masters. With Hogan in charge he will like the look of Masters and Masters has shown that he is a much better wrestler now than he used to be. Should be pretty easy for TNA to book Masters as a big deal in TNA. If he does sign then I think he will do quite well there.

Melina would be the only other than TNA would go after. She would be crazy not to accept it because WWE won't come calling again. She would fit into the KO division well and can go back to being a heel again.

Aniking

Reaction score
With Melina, even though we think she'd likely sign, there may be one thing that holds that back from happening.

I read a week or two ago that a lot of the TNA talent didn't want Melina anywhere near their locker room because of her reputation of being a trouble maker. If TNA want a divided locker room, then by all means sign Melina... but if not, maybe it's best they don't.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
With Melina, even though we think she'd likely sign, there may be one thing that holds that back from happening.

I read a week or two ago that a lot of the TNA talent didn't want Melina anywhere near their locker room because of her reputation of being a trouble maker. If TNA want a divided locker room, then by all means sign Melina... but if not, maybe it's best they don't.

This has never mattered in the history of TNA. They have always had a divided locker room, they bring in anyone they feel is a big name dispite reputation. I could name 50 names but don't feel like it right now.

As far as Masters goes, I just can't see them doing anything with him. With Rob Terry, Matt Morgan, Scott Steiner, and Crimson they have enough big genetic freaks, he doesn't have a place.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Don't care what happens to Melina but I actually hope to see Masters in TNA. It would be a shame for his improving talents to be off TV if he has a way to be on there.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
A more focused Melina as a heel I think could help, otherwise I don't see it working out. I have never been a Masters fan and like Scott said they already have enough of his sort there. It is a shame about D.H. Smith because he is the one who could really stark a claim if he wanted to go there, but it seems unlikely.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
As far as Masters goes, I just can't see them doing anything with him. With Rob Terry, Matt Morgan, Scott Steiner, and Crimson they have enough big genetic freaks, he doesn't have a place.

Masters is a better wrestler than all of them though. He used to be terrible but his recent work was pretty good it was just on Superstars. Terry is a joke and Steiner should retire. Masters could easily come in and be a player in TNA, I was actually disappointed that WWE released Masters because with his improvements I thought that he could go a lot further this time.

Aniking

Reaction score
I definitely agree with Troy there. Masters was definitely better in the ring this time round than last, and frankly he is much better than Rob Terry, Matt Morgan, Scott Steiner and Crimson. Terry is slow and botches moves, Steiner's age has caught up to him, Crimson is still a bit green in the ring, and Morgan isn't as polished as he should be at 35.

The fact Masters is something like 28 or 29 would probably make him one of the younger guys on the TNA roster. He'd be worth signing, but I don't see him doing very much if TNA signed him just because he used to be in the WWE.

Reactions: 1 person

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Nice job of running down the rest of the muscleheads in TNA down and I agree Masters is a better option than all those you named.

However, Steiner needs to be apart of more backstage segments with the likes of Flair and Bully Ray because he is still a comedian.