Foley Hints at WWE Return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
That is a great point about Cole Seak, I too find the Daniel Bryan stuff annoying. The sad thing is at MITB he actually did a fine job of selling DB's victory and now he has just go back to the same old crap.

Some of the Cole/Booker banter I actually find quite amuseing, although it has gotten a bit much now.

Back on Taz he was terrible when he started in 2000, but over the next few years he did grow into a solid annoncer and him and Cole in the end made for a good partneship. It is possible that Booker will go on to do the same, but at the moment I don't see it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WON said:
There have been talks within the WWE office about possibly bringing Mick Foley back for a major match at WrestleMania 28 next year. When Foley was granted his release from TNA, part of the agreement was that he could not appear on WWE TV until his contract would have expired, which is in September.

This explains why there has been no movement between WWE and Foley yet. Only another month before Foley could appear on WWE tv if both sides agree to a deal.

Not sure about the WM28 match, I doubt it will happen. But if it was to happen who would you have face Foley?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
No way should it be Trips, for starters I can't see the pair with their limtations having a decent match in 2012, also I am much more in favour of HHH facing Punk at next years Mania as it would be the perfect pay off to their slow burning feud which seems to have started on raw this week, and they could have a great match. Also a HHH/Foley match would have no logic apart from lets do it for old times sake which sounds lame to me. I guess if he did wrestle maybe it should be against someone like Sheamus as they can have a old school hardcore match, and Foley can bump like crazy and make his younger foe look great. However I really don't want to see Foley wrestle again, he has nothing left to prove and has far more to offer in other roles.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If Foley does do something at WM28 I think it will be as a special guest referee and not actually as a wrestler.

If he did wrestle I like the idea of him facing someone like Sheamus or Wade Barrett. A younger guy that he can job to and help them get over.

Seak

Reaction score
You know how Terry Funk is still wrestling, and will probably wrestle on his 100th birthday.....Mick Foley looks up to him, so he'll probably do the same thing.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
As long as they aren't all retirement matches.

I think that a one-off match can work well for Foley just not a long series. I am not interested in seeing him wrestle often these days.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
I asked Foley since he is open to return has there been any official talks between himself and the WWE: "We've definitely been talking and it's just a matter of what's the best fit, how many days I feel like being gone. Unlike TNA, if you weren't on the show you weren't a value to the company... with WWE there is any number of things I could do, so we're just trying to find out what we want it to be and how big we want it to be.

On whether he has many more big matches left in him. "Maybe a couple more big matches, I'm starting to shed some of that extra weight so if and when I get that call I can have a good match, maybe not a great match but maybe I've got a couple more matches left in me."

Sounds like we will see Foley back in WWE in no time. Definitely by the start of 2012 I see him back on WWE tv. I would like to see him in the role of GM/Commisioner, I think that would suit him best. As he mentioned with WWE he can do things for them outside of just television, things like signings and appearances at events representing WWE.