Foley Hints at WWE Return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
Meanwhile, on his Twitter, Foley responded to a fan about whether he would consider being part of WWE again and responded he was "considering it right now."

I am sure that Vince will send Foley an offer to bring him back in some role and from that comment it sounds like there is some deal being talked about.

It could be nothing more than a Legends deal or maybe it could be an on-screen role again. I wouldn't mind seeing him do some things like hosting some DVD compilations and things like that. If it is an onscreen role the only thing I see him doing is a Commissioner/GM type role.

Do you think he will return? What type of contract do you think he will sign?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Honestly, I wouldn't mind Long being GM of RAW or something (Scrap the Anon GM) and allow Foley to GM Smackdown.

It's how I see it work out perfectly. I do see Foley having a better role then the Legends Deal.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Why not just have Foley as RAW GM and keep Long where he is?

I think that it will be a Legends deal and from that he will make some extra appearances like on RAW, at events and do things like host DVD specials. Other than GM I can't see a role for him at the moment.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Could work but I prefer having HHH come out on RAW and saying his piece for some reason.

Cole is a commentator on Smackdown isn't he? Foley could replace and be on the team with Booker!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Could work but I prefer having HHH come out on RAW and saying his piece for some reason.

Cole is a commentator on Smackdown isn't he? Foley could replace and be on the team with Booker!

I can't see Foley going back behind the announce booth. He quit last time because he didn't like the way Vince would shout orders over the earphones. Plus Booker is already the colour commentator and they don't need two of them on the one show.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well so far Booker has been a let down at the booth [maybe he would be better as a heel annoncer], so I wouldn't mind Foley replacing him there, although I can see why Mick wouldn't be up for that. Him taking GM of SD could work, as it would boast the shows profile, other wise like Troy said just give him a legends deal, and have him do the odd appearence a bit like Bret Hart did. Less is more for Foley at this stage.

rcoot93

Reaction score
foley should remember why he left in the first place,
every company he signs with he just asks for his release he should consider if he still wants to be a part of wrestling or not

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Fair point, at this stage I don't want to see him wrestle anymore, and he has nothing left to prove on that front, however given the right role I do still think he has a lot to offer elswhere.

Like you hinted at maybe Foley should give wrestling a break for awhile, he doesn't need it anymore, and has been involved on and off for a very long time now.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Booker T would be fine at anouncing if he didn't have Cole beina an asshole about him every time. He's better than Taz imo, if Taz had Cole up his ass every 2 minutes, he would've been consdered shit too.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I don't think that is it, because even when you hear him uninterrupted he still sounds all over the place. Maybe he will improved, but so far Booker as a commentor has been pretty poor.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Taz stuttered and would mess up the simplest of sayings. I still think Booker is doing fine with what he has to work with. If it was just him and Josh MAtthews, it would be a decent team. It's Cole that is the problem here, he needs to be off the announce table and used as a manager.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Booker has been hit and miss but the last couple of PPVs he has been very good. The issue is Lawler/Cole talking over him and still continuing that storyline a bit. If Cole cut down on the insults and called the action a bit more it would be fine. I like what Booker T brings to the table on Smackdown and if it was just Booker and Matthews I think it would be decent.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I don't mind Booker and agree him and Cole need to stop arguing and they would be a solid three man team. I did love Foley on Commentary but it won't happen again.

Seak

Reaction score
I love hearing Booker butcher sayings. I personally am a fan of his behind the booth. The problem is Cole tries to play up his heel character way to much. A heel announcer is a must, but like King when he played the heel and Heenan as well, the main focus should be what's happening in the ring. Last Smackdown when Daniel Bryan was cutting a promo for example, Cole constantly kept talking over him. That is completely unnecessary.

As far as Foley goes, he will always have a place in wrestling imo. He is a great mouthpiece, so having him as a young guys manager could be great. Same goes for him being a GM type role. I hope he gets an on screen role.