Flying Solo!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
So I booked it Sunday as I said, and I'm actually really stoked and excited to go. After what I can describe as a tough couple of years I feel like I've got some fire back in my belly and that I'm kinda myself again. No point missing out on life and things I want to do. Like even if people at the event think I'm a weirdo being there alone I know once the music hits I'll have a blast, and it doesn't matter what some randoms think of me tbh. Just going with the flow haha.

Plus if I enjoy the night I'm already planning a trip down to Leamington Spa from Manchester in May for another event.

Like my mates can't do stuff like this anymore, they've families and that. I've not so just gotta fly the flag and get out and about and see what happens.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I've never been to a Rave. I've watched video's on them. Someday I would love to to go to one just to say I've been to one myself.

Reactions: Cloud

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
I've never been to a Rave. I've watched video's on them. Someday I would love to to go to one just to say I've been to one myself.
It's a good time. Not everyone is drunk, and taking substances.

There are always a lot of chill people who are there for the music and love the music. The popularity of EDM and of drugs becoming more socially acceptable has tbh tarnished the reputation of raves and festivals. That's not what its really about. If you like the music then it's about the music and a good time.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
The only thing I've really been alone to is a wrestling show. Which was okay, but the times I've been to with friends was much better. I don't know about raves/concerts though.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
It's a good time. Not everyone is drunk, and taking substances.

There are always a lot of chill people who are there for the music and love the music. The popularity of EDM and of drugs becoming more socially acceptable has tbh tarnished the reputation of raves and festivals. That's not what its really about. If you like the music then it's about the music and a good time.
I would NEVER do drugs.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
The only thing I've really been alone to is a wrestling show. Which was okay, but the times I've been to with friends was much better. I don't know about raves/concerts though.
I kinda feel it's different at a rave/concert as once the music is on, you can barely talk anyway and it's everyone dancing or listening to the tunes.

See a wrestling show I'd feel more awkward.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
I would NEVER do drugs.
I know you wouldn't. That's why I emphasised that at an event like that not everyone is. Plenty of people just have a few beers or are straight edge and there for the music.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I kinda feel it's different at a rave/concert as once the music is on, you can barely talk anyway and it's everyone dancing or listening to the tunes.

See a wrestling show I'd feel more awkward.
Idk, for me I thought it would be awkward but I sat beside two guys my age and we just started talking wrestling. I think with raves, you get more freedom. If anything, should maybe find a site where people say they're going there as well and see if anyone wants to meet up there and have drinks/shit too. Unless you really wanna just be alone there.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Idk, for me I thought it would be awkward but I sat beside two guys my age and we just started talking wrestling. I think with raves, you get more freedom. If anything, should maybe find a site where people say they're going there as well and see if anyone wants to meet up there and have drinks/shit too. Unless you really wanna just be alone there.
In the past I used to just meet people there.

I'd kinda stopped going to events as had a tough patch, plus started to feel old at the events as I'm 34 next month. But just stopped worrying now I'm just gonna go. You like something why should age, lack of interest off your mates, and stupid stuff stop you. Doing something alone isn't cause you are alone its due to different interests or lifestyle and life situations.

Reactions: CM Punk

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
In the past I used to just meet people there.

I'd kinda stopped going to events as had a tough patch, plus started to feel old at the events as I'm 34 next month. But just stopped worrying now I'm just gonna go. You like something why should age, lack of interest off your mates, and stupid stuff stop you. Doing something alone isn't cause you are alone its due to different interests or lifestyle and life situations.
True.
I mean, I been to wrestling events alone. No different for raves or any other event.
Just 90% of the time, you enjoy these types of events with others in my personal experience.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
True.
I mean, I been to wrestling events alone. No different for raves or any other event.
Just 90% of the time, you enjoy these types of events with others in my personal experience.
That's true.

I admit I prefer gigs and concerts alone though. If I want a beer, I get a beer and don't need to worry about finding people. if I want the toilet I go, as same don't have to push through a crowd. Gigs alone are mint. Just do what you want.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
All I can say is Thursday was one of the best nights of my life.

I met a ton of people, who came over and had chats with me and invited me into there groups and to hang out. Had such a blast. Was a proper friendly crowd and I am so glad that I overcame my fears, and feel like I can start getting to events and gigs like this again, as I love doing it and now feel like I've no fear again.

Reactions: Solidus1