Flying Solo!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Ok

As many of you know I love music of varying styles and genres. I happily fly solo at gigs without feeling any pressure or like I shouldn't be there.

Anyways, there is a huge drum n bass all-nighter in Manchester next Thursday, no one will come with me. Should I just go? Do we think it'd be hugely different to a gig alone? I really want to go. It's to see Andy C and he's been like one of the top D&B DJ's for years but may not be around much longer.

How weird would it be? Has anyone done a rave or all-nighter alone before?

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
The closest thing I've had to these was going to watch Black Panther on my own and I actually preferred it to being with other people. To the point where im doing the same with Infinity War. I don't know if that helps but...I don't go to concerts because I'm a freaking nerd.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
The closest thing I've had to these was going to watch Black Panther on my own and I actually preferred it to being with other people. To the point where im doing the same with Infinity War. I don't know if that helps but...I don't go to concerts because I'm a freaking nerd.
It helps.

I do gigs alone all the time, been Amon Amarth, Fallout Boy, Green Day, Miles Kane and a million others on my own.

My worry is that this is more a DJ and dance orientated so people will be together. I dunno I'm thinking balls to it, I'm just gonna go.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I never done this. I don't like being around a bunch of people I don't know without someone I do know.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
I never done this. I don't like being around a bunch of people I don't know without someone I do know.
I've just half hour ago booked the ticket so I'm going.

I do gigs alone all the time due to my mates having bland taste in tunes. So fuck it I'm going for it.

I'll drink and meet people.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I've just half hour ago booked the ticket so I'm going.

I do gigs alone all the time due to my mates having bland taste in tunes. So fuck it I'm going for it.

I'll drink and meet people.

Yeah I am horrible at meeting new people and I don't drink. lol Good on you though, a lot of people can't go out alone.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I am horrible at meeting new people and I don't drink. lol Good on you though, a lot of people can't go out alone.
Honestly, I'm really shy. But when something I really enjoy becomes involved I force myself to do things I wouldn't normally. Otherwise, I'd miss out.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm really shy. But when something I really enjoy becomes involved I force myself to do things I wouldn't normally. Otherwise, I'd miss out.
That is a good thing. I need to learn to do that. Part of my anxiety and panic issues is that I don't get out of my comfort zone enough.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
That is a good thing. I need to learn to do that. Part of my anxiety and panic issues is that I don't get out of my comfort zone enough.
I used to have really bad anxiety and panic attacks. I'd sit outside work, unable to breathe, nearly in tears, just a mess not knowing what to do. Started forcing myself into situations and learned to deal with them. I'm not perfect I struggle with group situations with my mates. I find big groups of people I know harder than just going somewhere alone tbh. My anxiety makes me feel like I don't fit in, or have anything constructive too say, and that I'm to quiet. I have to force myself to spend time with my mates if I know it's a group. To the point someone usually comes and picks me up as I'd not go otherwise, So someone will come to my flat first and have a brew then build to going out.

That's why weirdly things alone I'm ok with. Think it's cause I can leave anytime and do what I want.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I used to have really bad anxiety and panic attacks. I'd sit outside work, unable to breathe, nearly in tears, just a mess not knowing what to do. Started forcing myself into situations and learned to deal with them. I'm not perfect I struggle with group situations with my mates. I find big groups of people I know harder than just going somewhere alone tbh. My anxiety makes me feel like I don't fit in, or have anything constructive too say, and that I'm to quiet. I have to force myself to spend time with my mates if I know it's a group. To the point someone usually comes and picks me up as I'd not go otherwise, So someone will come to my flat first and have a brew then build to going out.

That's why weirdly things alone I'm ok with. Think it's cause I can leave anytime and do what I want.
That is good you force yourself out and do things. I get periods of pretty bad agoraphobia because I don't. I know exactly what you mean though, it is hard but I am happy you keep living life and not letting it stop you. I have to start pushing myself to do the same.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
That is good you force yourself out and do things. I get periods of pretty bad agoraphobia because I don't. I know exactly what you mean though, it is hard but I am happy you keep living life and not letting it stop you. I have to start pushing myself to do the same.
I've locked myself away in the past and been agoraphobic. It's fucking horrid. My spiral was I hated being alone, but lost confidence in being with people, so hid away, then kept hiding away, wanted company, couldn't cope with company so withdrew more. I lost 12 months at least just by being scared and hiding. It took two very close friends to pull me out of that.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I've locked myself away in the past and been agoraphobic. It's fucking horrid. My spiral was I hated being alone, but lost confidence in being with people, so hid away, then kept hiding away, wanted company, couldn't cope with company so withdrew more. I lost 12 months at least just by being scared and hiding. It took two very close friends to pull me out of that.
I know what that is like. It sucks pretty bad. You have some good friends. All mine stopped talking to me.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
I know what that is like. It sucks pretty bad. You have some good friends. All mine stopped talking to me.
Mine did at first. But I poured my heart and soul out one night to the two who now look after me and they eventually understood. It's awful cause on the outside you usually seem fine but inside you just feel like shit with no explanation. I can be alright and then flip and be paranoid, scared, and it makes me horrible sometimes as I need to just get out of where I am.

I'm 34 this year. I've been depressed, lonely, agoraphobic, had all my anxiety issues, an I admit tried ending it a couple of times.

Always glad now that didn't work, I know life is complete bulllshit at times though. Don't compare yourself to anyone. Take small steps. If you get up and tidy up thats a win sometimes. just do 1 positive thing a day, as thats always an improvement. Doesn't matter what. It can just be getting out of bed. That's better than not doing.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Mine did at first. But I poured my heart and soul out one night to the two who now look after me and they eventually understood. It's awful cause on the outside you usually seem fine but inside you just feel like shit with no explanation. I can be alright and then flip and be paranoid, scared, and it makes me horrible sometimes as I need to just get out of where I am.

I'm 34 this year. I've been depressed, lonely, agoraphobic, had all my anxiety issues, an I admit tried ending it a couple of times.

Always glad now that didn't work, I know life is complete bulllshit at times though. Don't compare yourself to anyone. Take small steps. If you get up and tidy up thats a win sometimes. just do 1 positive thing a day, as thats always an improvement. Doesn't matter what. It can just be getting out of bed. That's better than not doing.

Yeah I get that. People can't see how you feel. I agree though. Even when life feels at its worst, it will eventually pick back up and be better. I guess that is how it goes. Like a roller coaster. Ups and downs. Just have to focus more on the ups and less on the downs.

Reactions: Cloud

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I get that. People can't see how you feel. I agree though. Even when life feels at its worst, it will eventually pick back up and be better. I guess that is how it goes. Like a roller coaster. Ups and downs. Just have to focus more on the ups and less on the downs.
This. It's why I love music so much. It's become my go to and helped me and helps when its rough.

You have this place man. This is your, should be your sanctuary. It defo should be. You might not love wrestling how you did. But you've people to chat to and chill with all with no pressure.