Flair Is the Greatest of All Time: Who Can Dispute Me and Win

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WCW4Ever

Reaction score
WCW4Ever hereby calls out the smartest member who disputes that Ric Flair is the greatest professional wrestler of any era. He must propose an American alternative. Who's game?

CenaMark54

Answer: No
American Alternatives: Hogan and Austin

Case closed

Reaction score
^^^Hogan??!! Yah right. He's way behind Rocky and Rock doesn't list. Seriously, how many memorable Hogan promos do you really remember? They were all the same thing. Nothing stand out about them. There's a reason Roddy's movies did better than Hogan's.

Flair is great but he'd be hard pressed to be better than Foley, HBK, Jake Roberts, Dusty, Roddy Piper and Raven.

Being great on the stic goes way beyond having the charisma to get the fans rallying behind you with catchphrases.

WCW4Ever

Reaction score
Flair Is the Greatest of All Time: Who Can Dispute and Win

Answer: No
American Alternatives: Hogan and Austin

Case closed

Well pick one. Are you going with Hogan or Austin? You could say Hogan or Austin or Michaels or Race or Funk or Funk or Brisco or Piper or Thesz or Bockwinkel or Brody or Rhodes or Rogers and you'd just be playing more cards than you're dealt. You're only dealt one. If I were to try to pit one guy against Flair from your pair I go with Austin. You'd still lose but we'd have a better fight.

Your turn.

The Rated R CMStar

Behold, it's the guy with the wrestling tapes.

I recommend not wasting time in this debate Cenamark, after all, this is the guy whose logic as to why Batista will be in Summerslam is because he can compete with one arm.

WCW4Ever

Reaction score
^^^Hogan??!! Yah right. He's way behind Rocky and Rock doesn't list. Seriously, how many memorable Hogan promos do you really remember? They were all the same thing. Nothing stand out about them. There's a reason Roddy's movies did better than Hogan's.

Flair is great but he'd be hard pressed to be better than Foley, HBK, Jake Roberts, Dusty, Roddy Piper and Raven.

Being great on the stic goes way beyond having the charisma to get the fans rallying behind you with catchphrases.

Enzo Malenko, the only worthy contender to Flair's supremacy on your list is HBK. And I said from the outset to pick one American contender and go with him. Pick the one on your list you think is strongest and let's have it out. Cena Mark names too guys, one of whom was basically a cartoon character and claims victory, I agree that HBK could have been as great as Flair, but he missed about 5 years with back problems. Flair suffered a BROKEN back when he was in his early twenties and returned to action less than a year later, rising to stardom almost immediately.

Sean Michaels, on p22 0f the April 2004 edition of Raw Magazine is quoted accordingly:

"Ric Flair's the wrestler that's influenced me more than anyone else. He was a villain in the the ring, but he was still so cool with the machismo, the wheeling and dealing. He always had the best clothes, the best women, the jewellry and the belts. Even from a performance standpoint, he was always the best part of the show. I always tried to pattern my persona and my wrestling style after him for sure. I always felt I wanted to be the 90s version of Ric Flair. I was actually joking with him a while back about how I made a career out of stealing a ton of his stuff and telling everybody it was mine."

So there you have the strongest contender from your list lauding Flair with superlatives.

And as for The Rated R CM Star, he can just wait, watch and learn.

-TJ-

Enzo Malenko, the only worthy contender to Flair's supremacy on your list is HBK. And I said from the outset to pick one American contender and go with him. Pick the one on your list you think is strongest and let's have it out. Cena Mark names too guys, one of whom was basically a cartoon character and claims victory,I agree that HBK could have been as great as Flair, but he missed about 5 years with back problems. Flair suffered a BROKEN back when he was in his early twenties and returned to action less than a year later, rising to stardom almost immediately.

Uhhhh I'm not in this, but HBK left because of a broken back, and drug problems. You say Flair rose to stardom immediately after returning, but HBK was already a big star when he left, and even when he left, he still stayed with the company in some form until he got fired from his drug problems. So you didn't really give HBK the credit. I'm pretty sure HBK coulda done the same thing as flair, giving that their work ethic is almost the same, and their promos are really good. Now i do agree with Hogan, not even being close with Flair. Austin is the better choice, but the closest Flair competitor is and always will be HBK.

WCW4Ever

Reaction score

Uhhhh I'm not in this, but HBK left because of a broken back, and drug problems. You say Flair rose to stardom immediately after returning, but HBK was already a big star when he left, and even when he left, he still stayed with the company in some form until he got fired from his drug problems. So you didn't really give HBK the credit. I'm pretty sure HBK coulda done the same thing as flair, giving that their work ethic is almost the same, and their promos are really good. Now i do agree with Hogan, not even being close with Flair. Austin is the better choice, but the closest Flair competitor is and always will be HBK.

Tj, read my post a little more closely. I said Flair rose to stardom ALMOST immediately upon returning from a broken back. He had to overcome a more serious injury and almost immediately upon near miraculous recovery made himself the top young star in North America. And Flair has had his drug problems too, as was disclosed in his ex-wife's testimony in divorce and division of family assets hearings. Unlike HBK, he worked right through them. Flair is simply the stronger man and the more gifted athlete with the greater endurance. And he's the original, not the imitator.

That said, HBK could have been as great as Flair. The reason he may seem to be to you is that you've either forgotten or never seen Flair's prime on a weekly basis.

Are you reading this stuff, Rated R CM Star?

The Rated R CMStar

First off, I am still not seeing Batista in Raw btw.

Second, based on what are you referring when saying "greatest of all time". If you are talking about performer in the ring, Ric Flair is not the best, not by a long shot, and HBK can be as respectful as he wants with Naitch but HBK is way better. And if you are talking in a general aspect of the business, Rock, Austin and Hogan own Ric Flair.

WCW4Ever

Reaction score

First off, I am still not seeing Batista in Raw btw.

Second, based on what are you referring when saying "greatest of all time". If you are talking about performer in the ring, Ric Flair is not the best, not by a long shot, and HBK can be as respectful as he wants with Naitch but HBK is way better. And if you are talking in a general aspect of the business, Rock, Austin and Hogan own Ric Flair.

Bald assertions are not arguments, my little friend. And you're bringing in extraneous material into a streetfight in which you're obviously out of your depth. Rock was a celebrity, not a great wrestler. Hogan was a great frontman and the greatest draw ever. Flair had it all, in and out of the ring and drew, with Antonio Inoki, the largest crowd to ever attend a wrestling event: 191,000, in N. Korea in the mid 90s. I can give you the exact date, attendance and location in a future post if you like.

But I'm glad to find that you're reading and learning. You little trouper.

Airfixx

Sean Michaels, on p22 0f the April 2004 edition of Raw Magazine is quoted accordingly

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! :roll:

On page 23 of the annual re-cap edition of "Wankers On The Web Magazine", WCW4EVER says "thanks for my 'Web-based Wanker Of The Year' award.... My whole life has been building to this very moment".

WCW4Ever

Reaction score

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! :roll:

On page 23 of the annual re-cap edition of "Wankers On The Web Magazine", WCW4EVER says "thanks for my 'Web-based Wanker Of The Year' award.... My whole life has been building to this very moment".

Some people will post anything. Notice he's not offering anything to the fight. Just some incoherent gobbledygook. Attributing quotes to me that I never made and thinking he's somehow been witty. This guy's the worst poster I've come across yet in my short time in this forum.

Airfixx

"Fight"???

LOL.... You muppet!

"This guy's the worst poster I've come across yet in my short time in this forum."

Shame such an accolade doesn't come with a trophy really, but still; I'll let the 'esteem' attached serve as another reason for me to hope that you leave sooner rather than later.

"Prove me wrong"

.....ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

monkeystyle

Reaction score
If you can't even realize that Airfixx is the goods how can you expect us to take you seriously?