First Time Seeing TNA on tv

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Either week 2 or 3 of the weekly PPV in 2002. At the time I was working night shifts, and thankfully some of the employees at the bar next door would keep me up to date with what was happening in WWE weekly. One night I heard about TNA, and figured the first time I got a Wednesday off I would take the time to watch it.

Jason Cross impressed me with his Crossfire Legdrop(Shooting Star Leg Drop), and Jeff Jarrett hit nearly the entire roster with chairs to end the night.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I can't remember the date, but it was when they used to run the old Wednesday weekly PPV's in Nashville, and at the time, we had a Wrestling Channel here and they would start showing stuff. Just happened to flick onto TWC one day and saw it.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I saw some of the Hogan stuff, but my first full episode was the show after Hardy turned heel at BFG in 2010. I wanted to see if Jeff can pull off a good heel promo and it didn't come off very believable.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I saw some of the Hogan stuff, but my first full episode was the show after Hardy turned heel at BFG in 2010. I wanted to see if Jeff can pull off a good heel promo and it didn't come off very believable.

Do you remember the first time they were supposed to have signed Hogan? It was about 2004 and they filmed angle, think in Japan when Jarrett hit him over the head with the gutier. That was supposed to have led to a match, but then every week Jimmy Hart (representing Hogan) would put a different old timer against Double J (you know like you'll have to get through this guy to get to Hogan), as it turned out the Hogan deal fell through and they had to scrap the storyline. Would have been interesting to see what would have have happened if they had Hogan on board back then rather than now.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Nope in 2004, I had no idea what TNA was. I heard of TNA when they were going into "Monday Night Wars" (sarcasm) against WWE. It didn't really interest me because I saw washed up wrestlers like Hall, Nash, and X-Pac. I remember that January 4th episode and it just reeked of garbage. Then Bret Hart came back on Raw and I started losing interest in TNA.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Nope in 2004, I had no idea what TNA was. I heard of TNA when they were going into "Monday Night Wars" (sarcasm) against WWE. It didn't really interest me because I saw washed up wrestlers like Hall, Nash, and X-Pac. I remember that January 4th episode and it just reeked of garbage. Then Bret Hart came back on Raw and I started losing interest in TNA.

Yeah I was intrigued to see what they would come up with, but I agree that Jan 4th show was total rubbish.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Watched TNA when I first read about them in a wrestling magazine(remember those?) back in 02.

Wasn't much of a fan, seeing as most of it was the people who killed WCW and had girls in cages and Jeff Jarret was on top. Never liked Jarrett, didn't want to see him get suplexed by a country singer.

watched periodically because I could watch it for free, never really got into it, until Christian got there.

reeviint

Being in the UK I saw it for free on the Wrestling Channel. Don't remember too much about it, just that Piper was on it. Took me awhile to get into the match concepts or the younger talent, but could see it had something different.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It was shown really early on in Australia, it was out of date by a bit but we were getting the old weekly PPV shows on paytv here. I remember tuning in because it had a few recognisable names from the past and I remember seeing Hall wrestling in the mainevent. I also seem to remember a moment early on when Francine was groped by one of the commentators. It was pretty rough and trashy early on but after a bit of time they really found their niche. Unfortunately they have now drifted so far away from that and have just become another standard wrestling company rather than an alternative like they used to preach they were.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Yeah I was intrigued to see what they would come up with, but I agree that Jan 4th show was total rubbish.

I couldn't stop laughin' when I saw the Jan 4th show. It was pretty horrible but it did keep me watching until now. I don't know, they have good wrestlers that I want to follow even if they are put in bad situations constantly and seeing my old faves stumbling around for a paycheck they don't deserve humored me.

However the first time I watched TNA was a few months into their weekly PPVs. I ordered one of them and it was all over the place. I didn't really get a chance to watch it again until it hit FSN.

GOD

A weekly PPV that I tricked my parents into ordering when I was like 11 or 12. Thought it was the greatest shit ever at the time. OMG WCW GUYS! SPOTS!