Finn Balor will be WWE Universal Champion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Pretty much have to agree with everything Stopspot said here. I honestly don't see it happening for all the reasons he put forth.

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
If you guys think they're gonna roll out The Demon for his main roster debut in that persona at fuckin' SummerSlam and NOT have him go over, I dunno. Don't want to say you guys are dumb, but you guys are pretty dumb.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Others would call it fairly educated on the game

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
If you guys think they're gonna roll out The Demon for his main roster debut in that persona at fuckin' SummerSlam and NOT have him go over, I dunno. Don't want to say you guys are dumb, but you guys are pretty dumb.

Well first, there is no indication that he will be debuting at Summerslam as the Demon. That's a strawman. Second, if you think that WWE will not take a NXT star and make them flop on the main roster, you haven't been paying attention at all. Third, if your only argument consists of you being rude and calling people dumb simply because they disagree with you, then you really don't have much of an argument to begin with.

Personally, I am a huge fan of both Rollins and Balor. I would LOVE to see Balor win the match. I just don't believe it is going to happen. It would be so UN WWE to do that.

Success in NXT has in no way translated directly to success on the main roster. You don't have to look further than Adrian Neville and the Ascension to see that. You have the longest reigning tag and NXT champion (before Balor broke the record) who came to the main roster to accomplish absolutely nothing.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that Seth Rollins will be the inaugural WWE Universal Champion.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Well first, there is no indication that he will be debuting at Summerslam as the Demon. That's a strawman. Second, if you think that WWE will not take a NXT star and make them flop on the main roster, you haven't been paying attention at all. Third, if your only argument consists of you being rude and calling people dumb simply because they disagree with you, then you really don't have much of an argument to begin with.

Personally, I am a huge fan of both Rollins and Balor. I would LOVE to see Balor win the match. I just don't believe it is going to happen. It would be so UN WWE to do that.

Success in NXT has in no way translated directly to success on the main roster. You don't have to look further than Adrian Neville and the Ascension to see that. You have the longest reigning tag and NXT champion (before Balor broke the record) who came to the main roster to accomplish absolutely nothing.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that Seth Rollins will be the inaugural WWE Universal Champion.
Not to mention that Rollins is Mr. First.

First FCW grand slam champ
First NXT champion
First NXT alumni to win a major title on the main roster
First man to cash in MITB during a ongoing match
First man to cash in MITB at wrestlemania
First superstar under the age of 30 to main event a ppv in the new millenium (with Ambrose)

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I think Seth in gonna win...And then Finn gets stuck in a 4 month feud with Sheamus :sheamful:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

I absolutely agree.

Not many NXT call-ups have found success on the main roster so far, but hopefully that isn't the case with Finn, Alpha, Bayley and the upcoming call-ups like Joe, Naka, Aries, Roode.

Like yourself, I absolutely LOVE both guys, but I, too, feel Rollins is winning this and there's nothing wrong about it. Not sure if he'll defeat The Demon, though, but he'll beat Finn.

As I've said before, the ONLY way I see Finn coming out victorious is if they pull a double turn (Bálor Club featuring Gallows and Anderson finally forms and Rollins turns face), but I doubt that's how it is going to pan out.

Anyways, after Rollins defeats Bálor, he should totally start doing the "I did it first" shtick. First NXT champ, first man to cash-in for the WWE title at Mania and such. I'd love that! :rollins3:

Fuzion

The Artiste
Reaction score
Ew I hope he doesn't win, he just came to the main roster lol. I hope Seth wins it.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I believe the success of NXT Takeover: Brooklyn last year configures into how Summerslam is being promoted this year.

Brooklyn was rated, by NXT, as the best show of 2015. What better way to kick off this new era than to feature four of NXT's most successful products in the brand new Universal and Women's championship matches, respectively?

The Brooklyn crowd will go apesh*t because they love Bálor. They did last year and they will this year. WWE has a Summerslam deal with the Barclay's Center running through 2017. They ought to feed that beast while its hot. With Reigns' failed drug test to boot, the stars sort of alligned for Bálor.

Rollins will make Bálor look great then go onto hold the Universal title for a ridiculous amount of time. Rollins, NXT's crown jewel, will have the task of establishing this championship as significant.

Edit: I realize the Woman's Championship isn't that new but given that it has it's own distinct lineage makes it very fresh.

Last edited: