Finn Balor will be WWE Universal Champion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
New Era off to a hot start.

I always hoped Finn would just debut at the top of the card. He is. He's going to be the first WWE Universal Champion, which clearly trumps the f*** out of the World belt. Who wants a WORLD title when you can be CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE?!

Who's ready for this?! Are any of us TRULY ready? lol

britishheel

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
beermoney
Favorite Wrestler
chrissabin
That dude looked like a STAR from the second he showed up on camera last night.
Yeah, and his first match was excellent, I understand he isn't everyones cup of tea and his move set isn't as diverse, but hes a young kid for fucksake. He will be here for a long time hopefully and he will be great, at the end of the day, I see him as being the champ for a long time at some point, and multiple champion.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Slow your horses people. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

The guy already got put over huge. But winning the belt on his first try? They are not THAT high on him.

Yeah, and his first match was excellent, I understand he isn't everyones cup of tea and his move set isn't as diverse, but hes a young kid for fucksake. He will be here for a long time hopefully and he will be great, at the end of the day, I see him as being the champ for a long time at some point, and multiple champion.
He's 35. A year younger than Randy Orton and with over a decade of experience.

Not exactly a "young kid"

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Slow your horses people. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

The guy already got put over huge. But winning the belt on his first try? They are not THAT high on him
Vince probably is because Finn is Irish and the fans love him :vince3:

Stopspot

Reaction score
Vince probably is because Finn is Irish and the fans love him :vince3:
If we are using the Vince stereotypes Balor is about a foot and a half too short and 100 lbs too light to be a top star.

Gary Strydom he is not

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Rollins is winning. No way they're going to upstage their current top star for a future top-star. He will be involved in the title scene, in one way or another, for the rest of the year, and he might even win the title. But he isn't winning the title on his first try, at the second biggest show of the year against RAW's biggest star.

Reactions: Stopspot

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Eh never say never. I could see them doing it just because alot of people are expecting a rollins win since he was the #1 pick. Wouldn't that truly be a shock?

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
I've never heard of this guy until last night, but i'm pretty sure he'll be fed to Rollins and he'll take control of RAW.

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
This is the New Era. Finn Balor becoming the first ever WWE Universal Champion right after The Shield had their little swan song main event program is exactly what's on the menu.

You same guys saying that shit won't happen probably would've been sitting there saying he wouldn't win the Fatal 4 Way or go CLEAN over Roman Reigns in the same night. He did it though. Finn is the centerpiece of Raw now, and it's gonna be that way for a long time. Strap in.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I think him winning the title on his first main roster PPV would be huge, and too good to be true.

But, Rollins is going to win, I reckon. He may not win clean as a sheet, but he'll win.

The only way I can see Finn winning is if they do a double turn, with Gallows and Anderson helping Finn, thus forming the long-awaited Bálor Club and Rollins is finally turned into a babyface. But, we'll see.

Stopspot

Reaction score
This is the New Era. Finn Balor becoming the first ever WWE Universal Champion right after The Shield had their little swan song main event program is exactly what's on the menu.

You same guys saying that shit won't happen probably would've been sitting there saying he wouldn't win the Fatal 4 Way or go CLEAN over Roman Reigns in the same night. He did it though. Finn is the centerpiece of Raw now, and it's gonna be that way for a long time. Strap in.
You are hyping Finn up way too much. It's one thing being the center piece of NXT, and a completely different thing to be the center piece of RAW.

And majority of the fans clamoring for Finn to win the belt are hypocrites considering majority of them are the same fans that claim that Roman got pushed too fast.

Giving Finn the belt this quick would be way too fast.