Fightful: CM Punk in talks for an in ring return with AEW as likely landing spot

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
[Fightful Select] TNT's reaction to CM Punk news
renderTimingPixel.png

Fightful spoke with multiple people involved with WarnerMedia and TNT,who spoke of the excitement of bringing in CM Punk, and noted that he'll have their promotional machine behind him upon his return. TNT and WarnerMedia were both "very aware" of this. TNT were very impressed by AEW running four shows over a few weeks in the same market and selling the way that they did. TNT were thrilled about the United Center/Chicago/Bulls/tie in.

I couldn't possibly be more excited knowing this is actually happening. It's just surreal.

I won't lie when the rumours started swirling I was expecting them to be squashed, as it was usually the case with CM Punk. As a huge fan of his work, I'm so stoked he's decided to give this wrestling thing another shot.

New company, fresh start!

cm-punk-history-wwe-champ-logo-background-wallpaper-9.gif

Reactions: Vegeta

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Cant wait for Punk to be past of the Smackdown Aftershow on friday

Reactions: Death By Looch

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Bruh after the way the IWC has hyped this up, if he doesn’t show up in Chicago, I might piss myself from laughing so hard :lmao

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Kenny just taking the piss at this point :bosque

I thought that cookie monster thing was a reach from people, but it seems it actually probably was a reference to Punk and all his CM possiblities. :lol
Oh yeah. The 3 most popular nicknames floating around for the past 15+ years for CM have been Cookie Master/Monster, Chick Magnet, and Chicago Made, but iirc, Punk stated under oath during the WWE trial that it stood for Chick Magnet due to the Chick Magnets tag team he was in during the early 2000s.