Fed Issue/Origination

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
Posting a thread in here is easier than PMs so that's why this is here.

Anyways the amount of threads in this section that get derailed with bitching about seemingly anything is getting out of hand. A Thread goes up about one thing and then by the second page it's on to bitching about seemingly nothing. I think that you would all agree that for new members seeing that kind of chaos is not intriguing for someone looking to join. So basically be on the look out and close stuff that gets out of hand, I'll help and close stuff as I see fit, but if it continues to be a problem I will just take away certain members viewing privileges for the section.

Second the whole layout of the section that Bully wanted when he first started is kind of out of whack. Know we have been talking about orginaztion and all the stuff I mentioned above and just getting the show out has kind of derailed that, but I would like to get eveything in order over the weekend with your guys approval based on what I had in mind.

Basically here's some bullet points of what I want to do.
Roster Section: Stays As Is...People Post There Apps in a New App Thread and then once approved moved by staff to the roster section
The Arena: New Name For Show And Results, Just a little less generic than being named show and results.
Battle Zone: Stays the Same, Everyone RP's There.
ACW Interactive: Needs to be organized the section should just be for character development, extra RP's and stuff like that, pretty much not being used for it's right purpose.

Also need new rules up ASAP, and a new non bitch fest General Discussion Thread.

Feedback good or bad would be appreciated once we get this all sorted I'll make the changes.

Pete

Reaction score
You can't stop them bitching, Ben. Not unless you post results one minute after the deadline, adjust the rating system to make everyone win every week, and so forth. Otherwise you will always have people bitching. It's that way in any fed.

It's a noble intention, and I wish it could be done, but I don't think it can.

As for the sections, I agree with you.

Also, once upon a time in our other fed, The Nicker and I were having a flamewar (one of many), and he opened a thread called "Bitchfest" to move the fight away from general threads. Maybe we should open a thread called "Official ACW Complaining Thread" or something, and tell everyone to whine in there? LOL I'd do it if it wasn't so cheesy and borderline offensive.

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Bitchin is bitchin... but the thing is there are always the main ones that start the bitchin and those are the ones that need to be shut up. So if those can be shut down it will keep the bitching way way down to a minimum which is what it looks like Ben is getting at because not everyone gets up in arms... but it is normally the same ones every week, Andy, and maybe a couple others here and there that try to get stuff riled up. So... it can be done. Just have to figure out the best way to do it like the whole "Real ACW.com" that thread went to crap after page 1. I come home from work and see 4 pages about it... 4th page I end the bitchin. But it wasn't even necessary. It should have been done a lot sooner. Add Doink to that list. The thread was over and done with, RRS was done with the thread and Doink coined in for no reason after it was all settled. Time to be more strict about all that shit.

The layout definitely needs to be redone. But I haven't had a real chance to really look over everything.

Shows and stuff, I think we can start upgrading from the little community center to like the little arenas that can hold like 3k people and the such. ACW growing, we can show that in the bigger venues. We can add some flair to this.

ACW interactive needs to be cleaned up. I mean it is being partially used right but partially just being tossed around. Might need a name change as well to show what it can be about. Like showing off extra interviews that don't have anything to do with RPs for the show but more shows more depth about the character, but also shows different ideas that people may have like the minitrons, the banners, and all that stuff.

Rules were being worked on then got derailed. Gotta get it done.

Last edited:

BDC

Reaction score
No, you can, Petey.

Ben, I know u noticed It's two people complaining: Primetime & Andy

Ben, maybe a warning via PM from one of u guys is in order. Closing threads & blocking is a good idea.

Are we not going to allow the people to enter their characters directly in so they can edit themselves?

Besides that, It's all good. I'm good with keeping the show rockin & angle issues & sort. I'm having to work on my admin & organizational skills...sorry

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
they can submit and we just transport the post to the roster section so they can edit it. kinda like when we started moving things before. And yeah we just gotta keep these guys under control. Andy is one that definitely likes to antagonize. Thinking keeping him under control and a lot of the crap will be settled.

Pete

Reaction score
Although this last time it wasn't his fault. It was Prime's and everybody else's. And then RRS must have been having a bad day too, and it escalated.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah but every other time it has been. Which is why we need to keep certain people under closer watch than others.

BDC

Reaction score
Cool on the roster thing, but we need announce this....

Yeah, RRS used to be bad, but has calmed down a bit.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I'm just sayin... even though he has calmed down... still need to keep a closer eye on him than others. Ya know just those few.

Ben

Reaction score
I'm mainly talking about threads being taken off track and turning into bitch fests, members complaining about the show being up and results is to be expected.

Don't like calling people out, but Andy really is the main problem. He brings up PWA every chance he gets, and he's seems to be on a mission to recreate that fed here and can't just take no for a answer. So basically he just needs to get over it and try to make it work here or go away, if he keeps it up soon he won't have a option.

Once you guys figure out how you want things set up please PM me as I can sort it all out.

BDC

Reaction score
Sorry, have been out all weekend. Totally not like me. Will try to get up to speed as fast as I can. ANd YEAH, I loved PWA, but comeon! Give it a rest, Andy!

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well since I finally have a day off and so far this day is free.. I'ma try to get the rules and regulations done... TODAY! That's the hope and plan.

Pete

Reaction score
Let me know if you need me to type/pretty them. I'm pretty good at officialese :p

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well I got a word document up with everything in it... going to go through, redo all of that in a new document... post it here first to see what needs to be changed, added, edited, that sorta stuff then post it and get rid of that one that whats his face made.

BDC

Reaction score
all good with the applications thread and moving it to Roster and the archives section in the Battle section.